Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have the same problem?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have the same problem?

Hi there
I've been having trouble accessing my rewards on Aeroplan site. When I log in and click "manage reward" I could see the trip that I've booked for Jan. but when I clicked on it to get all the details, this showed up:"We are unable to display your flight reward details. Please call the Aeroplan Contact Centre for assistance." I was just wondering if anyone experience this same problem. It's been like this for about 2 months. I called Aeroplan technical support, he couldn't help me. He advised me to call the contact centre and told me that he will make a note on my file to have someone look into this. It's has been a week and nothing changed!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With name and booking reference, if these rewards are issues on AC stock, you actually should be able to see them on aircanada.com
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Sounds like a schedule change occurred and your original schedule is invalid for some reason. I had the same problem when AC cancelled one of my flights...as soon as I rebooked it, I was able to see it on Manage Your Rewards
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
This happens all the time. Most likely there are schedule changes on some of your flights. Could be very minor change like leaving 5 minutes early.

As soon as such change occurs (at least for partner flights), they ADD a new flight with the new schedule to your itinerary. At one point my 9-segment reward had 18 segments shown when viewed on aircanada.com . This becomes "invalid" under aeroplan.com

Every once in a while they clean it up and it will display properly on aeroplan.com .

If you don't mind calling+waiting, you can call up aeroplan to have them correct it right away.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:18 am

Just call, and if there isn't a major schedule change that requires a rebooking, then it just takes a couple seconds for the agent to 'fix' it to make it show back up on the website.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've been having the same problem on AE for a few weeks.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
I had this happen to a pretty large Aeroplan tix I had booked as well. There were a bunch of sched changes and finally one day I couldn't see the itin anymore. I called Aeroplan and they were able to send me the ticket confirmation again but I've not been able to view it again on either Air Canada or Aeroplan. I also figured LH cancelled one of the flights I was on and has moved me to the earlier one (from checking with LH and using the LH PNR) but Aeroplan still insists I am on the cancelled flight which isn't even being offered so also think this might be tripping up the system somewhere in not being able to display my flight award.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
OP is correct. Even without sched changes, the individual files on AP reward bookings will not display on the AP site. Just use "manage my bookings" tab on the AirCanada webpage. Your flights will display there...with or without sched changes.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I've had the same problems referencing booked AE rewards for years on the AE website..

Its not a management system that can be relied on..

I usually have the itinerary e-mailed.. then printed, and placed in a stack on my desk file for reference..
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:58 am

i have the same problem for years........like others have said.....ac.com with the booking reference and last name
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i have the same problem for years........like others have said.....ac.com with the booking reference and last name
I agree, it isn't some short term IT glitch..

The system has never been reliable to query.. and I've used the system now for 15 years..
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all your help. I've placed a call to AP and the agent advised me that there was a slight change in the departure time (5 mins) on one of the segments. He said he will try to fix it but it'll have to go through the ticketing department and will take a few days.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travjud
Thank you for all your help. I've placed a call to AP and the agent advised me that there was a slight change in the departure time (5 mins) on one of the segments. He said he will try to fix it but it'll have to go through the ticketing department and will take a few days.
Are you getting new tickets based on a 5 minute change?

Changes in departure times happens all the time.. I would just make a note of it in hand writing on the itinerary printed out..

On your itinerary, if you have the flight numbers, outside 2 or 3 days prior to departure, you can double check the status of your flight, by entering your flight number on the appropriate metal website..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.