Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I doubt it.

MLL Pass is for a departing flight BP. So the question would be, can one use an int'l departure BP for the domestic MLL? Interesting...
I'd expect so. The concern they are trying to solve is overcrowded international lounges, so if you use the domestic lounge that would seem to be ok (to me at least).
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rehoult
I'd expect so. The concern they are trying to solve is overcrowded international lounges, so if you use the domestic lounge that would seem to be ok (to me at least).
Right.

so the domestic lounges aren't overcrowded at all, right?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:05 pm

Right.

so the domestic lounges aren't overcrowded at all, right?
They completely are. It just isn't a concern to them
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Now in FRA MLL plunked in business centre waiting for 877.

On another note, does anyone actually use that shoe buffer thingy here at the entrance to the bathrooms?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, they are sure thorough with the upkeep of the FRA MLL. In a span of one hour the business lounge was vacuumed twice thoroughly and I'm the only using it for the last couple hours!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Well, they are sure thorough with the upkeep of the FRA MLL. In a span of one hour the business lounge was vacuumed twice thoroughly and I'm the only using it for the last couple hours!
Are you that messy ?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
YYZ Dom

By where the pasta usually is later in the day...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG Platinum, Avis First
On another note, does anyone actually use that shoe buffer thingy here at the entrance to the bathrooms?
I actually use them periodically to clean up minor scuffs. I prefer to shine my own shoes (consistent polish that way) rather than use the rather variable quality you get from the stands at the airport.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
YYZ Int'l MLL (first visit!) for the next 2 hours or so. Red kangaroo jacket sitting overlooking the Emirates A380.

Happy to guest anyone waiting outside.

BTW they offer one additional hot food option in the int'l lounge (tonight its General Tao's chicken).

Last edited by kwflyer; Jan 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:32 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kwflyer
BTW they offer one additional hot food option in the int'l lounge (tonight its General Tao's chicken).
Thankfully that's been going on for almost a year now - used to simply be ravioli, day in, day out, for those of us that visited every week. And that was back when domestic didn't gave the hot option

Have to agree, Int'l MLL has better suppers.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
At the brand spanking new FRA MLL for the next hour or so. I gotta say, the customer service here is phenomenal. Was welcome no less than 3 times. A decent food/drink spread (with showers)

Oh and as one poster mentioned before, they really keep on top of the cleaning/vacuuming!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I'm in the MLL now......

YYZ transboarder for next half hour. Showers are decent here and no wait this morning (flew in red eye from yeg)
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I'm all alone in the YQR MLL. Any other FTs headed out of YQR tonight? I am (for now) the only person here and probably the only guy in Regina wearing a pink dress shirt

Here until nearly 10:00 p.m. as AC8439 is delayed.

Oh, and I should also mention: warm breakfast yesterday in the YYC MLL. Is this a new thing? If so, it's about time AC changed up their food offerings!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:08 pm

Lounge Meetup Thread

I just realized there isn't a meetup up thread in the AC subforum here at FT. Is there any interest?
Is this permitted?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:11 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...m-mll-now.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ge-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.