Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
YVR today between 9:30am and 10:30am before heading to PVG. PM if anyone wants to grab a drink / chat. Will be in the lounge - first time on AC.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
YYZ domestic MLL 1500 to 1600. Emirates tag on my messenger bag gives me away.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Yyz us

In the lounge now bored waiting for the 8.25pm to JFK. Unfortunately no availability to lga or ewr all oversold or full. Agent was nice but change fee of $75 if possible or if our flight was oversold he coul have done something no charge. Oh well bored, come say hello. Green Lacoste tshirt.

Last edited by djjaguar64; May 18, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Old May 18, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I'm in YYZ domestic

Turn left at the dragons' desk and turn left around the island. I'm sitting on one of those 2-chair-1-payphone things. Will be here to around 11pm for YUL
Old May 18, 2012, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
I'm in YYZ domestic

Turn left at the dragons' desk and turn left around the island. I'm sitting on one of those 2-chair-1-payphone things. Will be here to around 11pm for YUL
Gonna miss you by 8 hours...I'll be there at 7am Saturday morning for about an hour...
Can you hide a glass with three of shots of vodka for me since the bar will be closed at 7am?
Old May 20, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC A50K
YVR

I'm in the YVR domestic
2hours till departure
Old May 20, 2012, 10:16 pm

Ugh, I can get lounge access reimbursed through Skyguide, but AC doesn't sell lounge passes at the door and I'm on an award ticket so I can't add the lounge access online. Way to go AC and miss out on 50 bucks or whatever it costs to access the MLL.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: AC Elite, *Alliance Gold, Marriott Elite Silver
AT MLL Pearson this am.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Ugh, I can get lounge access reimbursed through Skyguide, but AC doesn't sell lounge passes at the door and I'm on an award ticket so I can't add the lounge access online. Way to go AC and miss out on 50 bucks or whatever it costs to access the MLL.
AC won't let you buy lounge access <24 hours in advance (maybe 48; not sure) to prevent gaming the system.
Old May 21, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
lowly Prestige at YUL International gate B51, anyone wanna let me into MLL??
Old May 21, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by PhotoJim
AC won't let you buy lounge access <24 hours in advance (maybe 48; not sure) to prevent gaming the system.
Gaming the system? How so?

And no it just won't let me touch anything as it says it's a ticket I didn't purchase on ac.com
Old May 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Gaming the system? How so?
You could buy a pass when you were many hours early for your flight, or if your departing or connecting flight were seriously delayed. Customers are more likely to buy a pass when they have more time to use the lounge.

I'm a perfect case in point. I screwed up a flight home from YYZ a few months ago and I ended up stuck at the airport for 8 hours. I'd have used a seat in the lounge most of the day and eaten a lot of food and drunk a lot of beverages if I'd bought a pass, but I wasn't allowed. Had I bought a pass a couple of days earlier, before I made my mistake, I could have taken advantage of the time in the lounge. But because I only wanted a pass once I knew how long I was stuck at YYZ, it wasn't as profitable for Air Canada to send me one. (It probably wouldn't have been profitable at all.)

Air Canada doesn't want passengers buying them based on situations on their travel day. Air Canada will do better financially if you have to buy them ahead (or if you have them by virtue of your status). Annoying? Perhaps, but it helps Air Canada to manage its costs.

Some airports (YYZ is one) have third-party lounges you can pay to enter. If you have a situation where you can do that, and you want lounge access, you should pay there.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by PhotoJim
You could buy a pass when you were many hours early for your flight, or if your departing or connecting flight were seriously delayed. Customers are more likely to buy a pass when they have more time to use the lounge.

I'm a perfect case in point. I screwed up a flight home from YYZ a few months ago and I ended up stuck at the airport for 8 hours. I'd have used a seat in the lounge most of the day and eaten a lot of food and drunk a lot of beverages if I'd bought a pass, but I wasn't allowed. Had I bought a pass a couple of days earlier, before I made my mistake, I could have taken advantage of the time in the lounge. But because I only wanted a pass once I knew how long I was stuck at YYZ, it wasn't as profitable for Air Canada to send me one. (It probably wouldn't have been profitable at all.)

Air Canada doesn't want passengers buying them based on situations on their travel day. Air Canada will do better financially if you have to buy them ahead (or if you have them by virtue of your status). Annoying? Perhaps, but it helps Air Canada to manage its costs.

Some airports (YYZ is one) have third-party lounges you can pay to enter. If you have a situation where you can do that, and you want lounge access, you should pay there.
Now that Skyguide confirmed the Plaza Premium lounge is reimburseable, I will. Anyway, all the US lounges allow payment at the door, but I do see your argument. The flipside is, a customer may not usually buy access, but will if they are stuck at the airport for a while. The guys with status get in anyway and don't buy anything, so really it's just AC not letting people buy in on day of travel and giving up that revenue.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
YHZ MLL

Today from 13:30 to 14:30 or so...
Old May 24, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Anyone at YVR transboarder want to guest a lowly P into MLL? Here until 10:45am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.