Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Was a pleasure to meet you yxxflier!! Even if people were looking at us funny
Old May 1, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC SE
Likewise. Safe travels penguin!
I'll be hanging around here for another 2 hours if someone is bored in YOW.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:00 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
YVR domestic for another half-hour. Black suit, funky blue hat, drinking my morning coffee 'n' scotch like one does. ^_^
Old May 3, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
YUL domestic until about 5:45pm local time. Far corner (from entrance) facing the runway. Just saw an Air France 747 greeted with a water cannon salute. Anyone know what that's about?
Old May 3, 2015, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Livyer
YUL domestic until about 5:45pm local time. Far corner (from entrance) facing the runway. Just saw an Air France 747 greeted with a water cannon salute. Anyone know what that's about?
Retirement flight iirc
Old May 4, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Retirement flight iirc
Why doesn't metal get retired at their homebase/hub?
Is it because this one will go straight to Arizona cemetery from YUL?
Old May 4, 2015, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It wasn't the plane that was retiring
Old May 4, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It wasn't the plane that was retiring
lol

I know this is OT, but:

It was the pilot's final flight... the *pilot* was retiring, not the plane

I did some plane spotting yesterday and caught the water cannon salute. I also had family on that flight -- it was pretty cool to see! The control tower wished the pilot "bonne retraite" right before he started rolling down the runway.

Old May 4, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by ffsim
lol

I know this is OT, but:

I did some plane spotting yesterday and caught the water cannon salute. I also had family on that flight -- it was pretty cool to see! The control tower wished the pilot "bonne retraite" right before he started rolling down the runway.

If it was winter, do you think they would do the water salute with de-icing fluid?
Old May 6, 2015, 4:52 pm

YVR DOM. Only because I'm forced to be with a colleague that refuses the people mover to the PPL. No espresso. No cappucino. Stuck to Perrier and a banana. You'll see my cowboyhat if you want to find me.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:07 pm

Correction. I was hoping to get a perrier after writing that. Stuck to orange & lime water as there is no perrier either .

Edit: Never mind. VPN not working was the drop that made me leave. Enjoying a Cappucino, Perrier and freshly made apple cinnamon panini in total privacy with functional VPN in the PPL now. That, once and for all, clearly establishes the value I currently experience in AC's MLL offering.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
lol

I know this is OT, but:

That is neat. And cool picture! ^
Old May 6, 2015, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Correction. I was hoping to get a perrier after writing that. Stuck to orange & lime water as there is no perrier either .

Edit: Never mind. VPN not working was the drop that made me leave. Enjoying a Cappucino, Perrier and freshly made apple cinnamon panini in total privacy with functional VPN in the PPL now. That, once and for all, clearly establishes the value I currently experience in AC's MLL offering.
I guess you followed my advice after all. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check your email
Old May 6, 2015, 5:29 pm

I did

Now that my frustration has subsided, I look back and think of the sadness. YVR MLL isn't even the worst one of the bunch. And on the plus side, I do enjoy the YUL INTL MLL with its bar service and freshly made hot food. And the awesome Concierge!
Old May 7, 2015, 1:04 pm

YYZ INTL. on 872 to FRA and will need to shop for meds if my upgrade doesn't clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.