Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Taxes for using LHR on award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxes for using LHR on award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
Mrs. Stiff and I are traveling to LHR on reward seats in August. Our itin is YYZ-YHZ-LHR / LHR-YHZ-YUL-YYZ - we chose this to go business the whole way and avoid a 5-hr layover in St. Johns (directs n/a). Our fees were $674.56 each YIKES! Here's the breakdown (I hope - assuming I linked to the image correctly)

Image didn't work. Here's the link http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...z-lhr-yyz.html

Last edited by Stiff; Mar 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm Reason: link to image
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
On closer examination of my "free" ticket, I now see that the British charges total $305.92 of my $420.21 total of taxes and fees. That's a whopping 73% of the charges!

Thank goodness I am an exbrit... If it wasn't for my sister living in MAN I would avoid their poxy little Island altogether! (no offence meant)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan BA Blue
Fees etc

Even an Air Transat flite from YYZ to GLA in economy has fees/taxes etc of over 500 CAD each. A family of three would pay over 1500CAD in fees/taxes alone. Too spensif.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Smile Cheaper Taxes from US to Europe

Booked First Class MCO to FRA, Business Class FRA to BRU and the reverse on LH through Aeroplan. Total fees and taxes were $158, so for two it was $316.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.