Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meals on AC flights from Narita

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy
You are.
Agree totally. This whole event in Japan has been overblown by the media and represents no real danger to anyone but the workers at the nuclear plant. You get more radiation from the flight than from a contaminated spinach salad!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Couldn't get non-latitude seats on the ICN-YVR-YYZ flight. I think the free re-routing option AC is offering is having an impact on flights to Seoul as they seem much more full than normal.

Anyways looks like I should be able to upgrade the NRT-YYZ flight and it sounds like AC is actually take the issue seriously, so I'm not going to pass up my nice dinner in that case!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fitzy7
Couldn't get non-latitude seats on the ICN-YVR-YYZ flight. I think the free re-routing option AC is offering is having an impact on flights to Seoul as they seem much more full than normal.

Anyways looks like I should be able to upgrade the NRT-YYZ flight and it sounds like AC is actually take the issue seriously, so I'm not going to pass up my nice dinner in that case!
NRT-YYZ is nearly empty these days....in any class.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Agree totally. This whole event in Japan has been overblown by the media and represents no real danger to anyone but the workers at the nuclear plant. You get more radiation from the flight than from a contaminated spinach salad!
According to the media we should dig a pit and stay there for the next 30 years
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by fitzy7
I have to fly through Narita next week, flying ICN-NRT-YYZ. Should I be concerned about the food being served or am I being totally ridiculous. I was thinking I could just pick up some food in Incheon and bring it with me.

You don't have a geiger counter?? :-)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
You could always order Kosher out of NRT. The J meal comes from a caterer in SYD. It's complete dreck and inedible, which is why you won't glow in the dark. The crew on 04 on March 10 was not very impressed with it either. BTW the crew was great it was a terrific flight, just a bit long on a 330.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Allvest
I would concur with the latter of your two options....

that said, I re-routed all my NRT flights until the end of April via HKG and PEK
No wonder it's so easy to get an upgrade to/from NRT. Looking to fly via NRT to MNL because the front of the aircraft looks wide open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.