Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada's Winter Extravelganza

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
I just checked my account, been doing frequent flights between some of the listed places.

One round trip netted me:

Feb 13 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 2,254 . miles
Feb 13 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 500 . miles
Feb 13 2011 2010 SUPER ELITE FLIGHT BONUS. 2,254 . miles
Feb 13 2011 2010 SUPER ELITE FLIGHT BONUS. 500 . miles
Feb 13 2011 EXTRAVELGANZA-NORTH AMERICA. 4,508 . miles
Feb 13 2011 EXTRAVELGANZA-NORTH AMERICA. 1,000 . miles
Feb 10 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 2,254 . miles
Feb 10 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 500 . miles
Feb 10 2011 aIR CANADA PROMOTION 324 . miles

Total: 16848 miles

Add in the miles from using my amex plat card to buy the ticket, and it's more than enough for a short haul flight. Not bad! I'm liking this promo, especially considering I'll be taking this exact same trip repeatedly before it ends
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Third time's a charm.

Finally got my 1000 bonus miles for YYZ-EWR flights, and 7500 miles for flights to NRT and HKG!
Actually they did post on Sunday but not overnight rather sometime in the afternoon.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:47 pm

I've "successfully" registered for this promo three times. I've had qualifying activity on the books for the past two Sundays. No bonii.

How do I follow up on this?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by killer9012
75$ same day fee to change your flights to get the bonus :P
That would have been a brilliant idea for my ZRH-MUC-YYZ return, but unfortunately AC879 is not scheduled for my Monday travel date. I guess there is no way to make "same day" a day earlier ... lol. Too bad, this is a nice promo.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:41 am

i wonder should AC still grant me the double miles promotion for a flight that i missed? what happened was on Mar 6 (the morning after a snowfall), i was departing YOW and it took 3 hrs just to load up the plane with baggage, taxiing everywhere, get de-iced, and wait in line to take off. as a result, i missed my connection from YYZ to MSY. instead i was routed from YYZ to ORD and ORD to MSY. should i still be granted the double miles from YYZ to MSY? it wasn't my fault that the plane was delayed, right? or is it tough luck for me?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by cuto
i wonder should AC still grant me the double miles promotion for a flight that i missed? what happened was on Mar 6 (the morning after a snowfall), i was departing YOW and it took 3 hrs just to load up the plane with baggage, taxiing everywhere, get de-iced, and wait in line to take off. as a result, i missed my connection from YYZ to MSY. instead i was routed from YYZ to ORD and ORD to MSY. should i still be granted the double miles from YYZ to MSY? it wasn't my fault that the plane was delayed, right? or is it tough luck for me?
Welcome to the Airline of NO! It's tough luck as far as they are concoerned by hey you could send and email to Customer Solutions and see what they say? Worth a try maybe?

■Offers are not combinable, unless specified. To qualify, eligible flights must be traveled on routes indicated for each offer.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by EZESE
Welcome to the Airline of NO! It's tough luck as far as they are concoerned by hey you could send and email to Customer Solutions and see what they say? Worth a try maybe?

■Offers are not combinable, unless specified. To qualify, eligible flights must be traveled on routes indicated for each offer.
would that be air canada or aeroplan?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cuto
would that be air canada or aeroplan?
send it to Air Canada
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by phedre
I just checked my account, been doing frequent flights between some of the listed places.

One round trip netted me:

Feb 13 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 2,254 . miles
Feb 13 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 500 . miles
Feb 13 2011 EXTRAVELGANZA-NORTH AMERICA. 4,508 . miles
Feb 13 2011 EXTRAVELGANZA-NORTH AMERICA. 1,000 . miles
Feb 10 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 2,254 . miles
Feb 10 2011 AIR CANADA STATUS MILES 500 . miles
Feb 10 2011 aIR CANADA PROMOTION 324 . miles

Total: 16848 miles

Add in the miles from using my amex plat card to buy the ticket, and it's more than enough for a short haul flight. Not bad! I'm liking this promo, especially considering I'll be taking this exact same trip repeatedly before it ends
that looks a lot like mine...2254 has got to be YYZSFO. nice chunk of miles, eh?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
i won't be able to take advantage but i had registered for the promo and taken one roundtrip to HKG, got an email a few days ago

Based on your recent flight activity, our records indicate that you are on your way to earning up to Double Aeroplan® Miles. To benefit from this amazing offer, all you need to do is continue flying on eligible routes.

guess that's a confirmation i was successful in registering? they should really just send out confirmations since it seems like ppl get missed on sweeps and cause more work for everyone when following up and chasing this down
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just rechecked my account and I've had 12 flights that should have qualified for extravelganza miles....but zero posted. I know I registered at least twice (second time as insurance!)...and still nada.

Is the recommendation to email Air Canada or Aeroplan at its general email address? Has anybody had success with a response?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:43 am
Suspended

Mine did no problem and were credited at the begining in the middle of Feb for travel in Jan and begining of Feb and again in the first week of March so maybe they are doing sweeps 15th and 31st of each month?^
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by politico_pk
I just rechecked my account and I've had 12 flights that should have qualified for extravelganza miles....but zero posted. I know I registered at least twice (second time as insurance!)...and still nada.

Is the recommendation to email Air Canada or Aeroplan at its general email address? Has anybody had success with a response?
I would try registering again. Worked for me on the third try. If it still doesn't work, then contact Aeroplan.

Originally Posted by EZESE
Mine did no problem and were credited at the begining in the middle of Feb for travel in Jan and begining of Feb and again in the first week of March so maybe they are doing sweeps 15th and 31st of each month?^
Here we go again ... Extravelganza bonus miles post in a sweep every Sunday.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:58 am
Suspended

I would try registering again. Worked for me on the third try. If it still doesn't work, then contact Aeroplan.

Here we go again ... Extravelganza bonus miles post in a sweep every Sunday.
Gosh I guess that system has got it out for me and can't catch up with my weekly flying from EZE-YYZ-CDG hehehhe!
Oh well aat least my miles and bonus' are getting credited correctly now Flight Passes are another story!..LOL
Old Mar 19, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks MG, will do. May I ask, did it catch your flights that were eligible for the bonus retroactively, or just going forward?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.