FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada's Winter Extravelganza (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1176785-air-canadas-winter-extravelganza.html)

Snow Goose Jan 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Air Canada's Winter Extravelganza

Looks like AC is starting up another promo similar (but a little different) than the fall Extravelganza offer:

http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...sia_2011_01_12

Registration required. Double miles are being offered on select North American and international routes between January 24 and April 30, 2011. Some popular routes that are included in the promo (e.g. HKG and LHR) have a less favourable "fixed" mile earning rate after 4 one-way segments. Avis is also running an "add on" promo for double miles on the first booking after regiestering for this promo.

All in all a nice promo especially considering that it runs over a 3+ month time-frame and applies to T+ and higher fares.

NA Double Miles List: [every round trip or 2 one way segments]
between...

Toronto and
- Montreal
- Ottawa
- Boston
- Newark
- La Guardia
- Chicago
- Cincinnati
- Detroit
- Atlanta
- Minneapolis
- St. John's Newfoundland
- Halifax
- Winnipeg
- Fort McMurray
- New Orleans
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Portland
- Memphis

Vancouver and
- Calgary
- Edmonton

Halifax and
- St. John's Newfoundland

Ottawa and
- Iqualuit
- Vancouver

Montreal and
- West Palm Beach
- Orlando
- Phoenix

SA 5,000 Bonus Miles List: [4 segments required for first bonus, 2 segments thereafter]
between...

Canada and
- Buenos Aires
- Santiago

Europe 5,000 Bonus Miles List: [4 segments required for first bonus, 2 segments thereafter]
between...

Canada and
- London
- Frankfurt
- Munich
- Tel Aviv

Europe Double Miles List: [every round trip or 2 one way segments]
between...

Canada and
- Copenhagen
- Brussels
- Zurich
- Geneva
- Paris

Asia 7,500 Bonus Miles List: [4 segments required for first bonus, 2 segments thereafter]
between...

Canada and
- Seoul
- Narita-Tokyo
- Hong Kong

Asia Double Miles List: [every round trip or 2 one way segments]
between...

Canada and
- Shanghai
- Beijing

------------------------------------------------------------

T&C's
AIR CANADA OFFER:

* To qualify for the Air Canada Winter Extravelganza Offer, customer must be an Aeroplan Member and must register for the promotion online or by calling 1-800-342-8026 by April 30, 2011. Members only need to register once to be eligible for all offers within this promotion.

† The employees (zonal employee discount) and industry fare options purchased are not applicable for the Winter Extravelganza offer.

* Eligible flights taken prior to registration and within the promotion period (January 24 to April 30, 2011) qualify as long as the member register before the end of the promotion.
* Valid on eligible scheduled non-stop or direct flights operated by Air Canada or Jazz.
* Valid for travel on eligible flights within Canada and between Canada and the United States in the following fare options (booking classes): Executive Class (J, C, D, Z), Latitude (Y, B), Tango Plus (M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, L, T, K), Tango (N, G, P, E, A) and R booking class.
* Valid for travel on eligible flights between Canada and Europe, Israel, Asia our South America in the following fare options (booking classes): Executive First (J, C, D, Z), Latitude (Y, B), Tango Plus (M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, L, T, K) and R booking class.
* Offers are not combinable, unless specified. To qualify, eligible flights must be travelled on routes indicated for each offer.
* The Bonus Aeroplan Miles you earn are not Air Canada Status Miles and do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status.
* Valid on published fares eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation and is not valid when you select the "No Aeroplan Miles" opt-out travel option with the purchase of a Tango Plus or Tango fare ticket, or when traveling on an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass.
Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to three weeks after the eligible flights are completed.
* Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
* To be eligible for the Avis offer, the client must be an Aeroplan Member, register to the Winter Extravelganza offer, travel with Air Canada and rent a car with Avis by April 30, 2011.

AVIS OFFER:

* Avis offer of Double base Aeroplan Miles (500 bonus miles) is valid at all participating Avis airport locations in Canada, United States and International.
* To qualify for the Avis offer, customer must be an Aeroplan Member and must have registered for the Air Canada Winter Extravelganza offer, completed one qualifying Air Canada flights and have rented a car with Avis by April 30, 2011.
* Offer may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods and is not valid on one-way rentals.
* In the U.S. and International, rental must be made in conjunction with any Air Canada or Aeroplan Partner Airline and must be made within 24 hours of flight arrival or departure. Qualifying Airline Code must be provided at time of reservation. A valid airline ticket or boarding pass is required to be eligible to earn mileage credit. Advance reservations are required.
* No coupon number required.
* Aeroplan Members must provide their Aeroplan Number when making a reservation and present their Aeroplan Card at the time of rental.
* A Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.50 CDN per day, up to $2.00 CDN per transaction may apply.
Miles may not be earned on free, tour or certain travel industry rates and may only be earned in one frequent flyer program per rental.
* Renters must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
* A qualifying vehicle rental is defined as one vehicle rental per day, per city, for all consecutive days a vehicle is rented-whether or not you renew the rental during those consecutive days.
* Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to 6-8 weeks after the rental is completed.
* Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

tnkngn Jan 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Was just about to post this, you beat me to it!

Here the T&C:

AIR CANADA OFFER:

* To qualify for the Air Canada Winter Extravelganza Offer, customer must be an Aeroplan Member and must register for the promotion online or by calling 1-800-342-8026 by April 30, 2011. Members only need to register once to be eligible for all offers within this promotion.

† The employees (zonal employee discount) and industry fare options purchased are not applicable for the Winter Extravelganza offer.

■Eligible flights taken prior to registration and within the promotion period (January 24 to April 30, 2011) qualify as long as the member register before the end of the promotion.
■Valid on eligible scheduled non-stop or direct flights operated by Air Canada or Jazz.
■Valid for travel on eligible flights within Canada and between Canada and the United States in the following fare options (booking classes): Executive Class (J, C, D, Z), Latitude (Y, B), Tango Plus (M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, L, T, K), Tango (N, G, P, E, A) and R booking class.
■Valid for travel on eligible flights between Canada and Europe, Israel, Asia our South America in the following fare options (booking classes): Executive First (J, C, D, Z), Latitude (Y, B), Tango Plus (M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, L, T, K) and R booking class.
■Offers are not combinable, unless specified. To qualify, eligible flights must be travelled on routes indicated for each offer.
■The Bonus Aeroplan Miles you earn are not Air Canada Status Miles and do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status.
■Valid on published fares eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation and is not valid when you select the "No Aeroplan Miles" opt-out travel option with the purchase of a Tango Plus or Tango fare ticket, or when traveling on an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass.
■Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to three weeks after the eligible flights are completed.
■Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
■To be eligible for the Avis offer, the client must be an Aeroplan Member, register to the Winter Extravelganza offer, travel with Air Canada and rent a car with Avis by April 30, 2011.

AVIS OFFER:

■Avis offer of Double base Aeroplan Miles (500 bonus miles) is valid at all participating Avis airport locations in Canada, United States and International.
■To qualify for the Avis offer, customer must be an Aeroplan Member and must have registered for the Air Canada Winter Extravelganza offer, completed one qualifying Air Canada flights and have rented a car with Avis by April 30, 2011.
■Offer may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods and is not valid on one-way rentals.
■In the U.S. and International, rental must be made in conjunction with any Air Canada or Aeroplan Partner Airline and must be made within 24 hours of flight arrival or departure. Qualifying Airline Code must be provided at time of reservation. A valid airline ticket or boarding pass is required to be eligible to earn mileage credit. Advance reservations are required.
■No coupon number required.
■Aeroplan Members must provide their Aeroplan Number when making a reservation and present their Aeroplan Card at the time of rental.
■A Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.50 CDN per day, up to $2.00 CDN per transaction may apply.
■Miles may not be earned on free, tour or certain travel industry rates and may only be earned in one frequent flyer program per rental.
■Renters must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
■A qualifying vehicle rental is defined as one vehicle rental per day, per city, for all consecutive days a vehicle is rented-whether or not you renew the rental during those consecutive days.
■Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to 6-8 weeks after the rental is completed.
■Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

max78 Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Errors on either AC or AP website

For Asia and Europe, offer 1 and 2 are swapped between the AC and AP websites. :confused:
I am hoping the AC site is the correct one but not likely :td:

Snow Goose Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by max78 (Post 15736344)
For Asia and Europe, offer 1 and 2 are swapped between the AC and AP websites. :confused:

I think it is highly likely that the mistake is on the AC link page, which looks like it was cobbled together quickly. The Aeroplan site is where you register for the promo and I highly suspect that it is the "correct" version.

The exact same issue occurred when AC ran the Sun Pass promo in the fall: The bonus pass had inverse costs/travel areas on the Air Canada website vs. the Aeroplan website.

SG

Jasper2009 Jan 26, 2011 3:38 am

Not as generous as the Winter promo, but still a decent offer! ^

While I´ve reduced my flying with AC, this should still get me an extra 20k miles.

why fly Jan 26, 2011 4:13 am

Target Porter routes.

interesting its targeted to hit Porter ....:D I guess paying all Porters legal fees is pissing off AC.:D

tomh009 Jan 26, 2011 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Snow Goose (Post 15736512)
I think it is highly likely that the mistake is on the AC link page, which looks like it was cobbled together quickly. The Aeroplan site is where you register for the promo and I highly suspect that it is the "correct" version.

The exact same issue occurred when AC ran the Sun Pass promo in the fall: The bonus pass had inverse costs/travel areas on the Air Canada website vs. the Aeroplan website.

I suspect you're right -- to bad for me as the second offer is considerably less generous. But the double miles within NA will be nice, and I just might have two NRT R/T within the promo period (probably only one to Europe).

airbus320 Jan 26, 2011 4:51 am

The promo is not enough to entice me back. :p

Accidental_Flyer Jan 26, 2011 5:34 am

Originally Posted by max78 (Post 15736344)

Just saw the email and was ecstatic after clicking the link -- have a r/t to LHR coming up. After signing up I saw the Aeroplan list and noted the swap. Very disappointed. The aeroplan list makes more sense so I will assume that's the correct one. Too bad.

tomh009 Jan 26, 2011 5:41 am

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 15737415)
The promo is not enough to entice me back. :p

Once Calin finds out, I'm sure he'll rework the promo. Enticing you back was the primary goal of the promo after all ...

airbus320 Jan 26, 2011 5:57 am

Originally Posted by tomh009 (Post 15737562)
Once Calin finds out, I'm sure he'll rework the promo. Enticing you back was the primary goal of the promo after all ...

You don't need to be sarcastic.

tomh009 Jan 26, 2011 6:05 am

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 15737625)
You don't need to be sarcastic.

I know I don't, but sometimes it's just irresistible! :D

airbus320 Jan 26, 2011 6:07 am

Originally Posted by tomh009 (Post 15737655)
I know I don't, but sometimes it's just irresistible! :D

You are forgiven. :D

tomh009 Jan 26, 2011 6:10 am

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 15737670)
You are forgiven. :D

Thanks -- there was no offence intended! ;)

Shareholder Jan 26, 2011 7:08 am

Can someone please explain the reference to 150% mileage? Are we to understand that in addition to each of these route bonuses we also earn an additional 50% mileage for these flights?

The "flip" is rather disturbing too.