Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who's leaving Aeroplan? Should I?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:23 pm

Has anyone here given BMI Diamond Club a look? Redemption values don't look bad, and the fact that Tango fares earn 100% status miles is appealing. To get Gold in the first year needs 50k miles (38k after that). Of course, the program may only be around for a short time, but for someone who only wants to get *G it doesn't seem like too bad a deal. Aegean, like AC, is pretty restrictive on mileage earnings on lower fare classes, so BMI might still be a better deal for those moving to simply buying the lowest fare they can get (rather than buying up to T+, that is, to get status).
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by arf04
Has anyone here given BMI Diamond Club a look?
I used to b BD*G up to Sep.2009, but since then have been burning miles because of the upcoming mile-jacking into LH M&M.

The redemption rates are pretty good with one ways that allow stopovers, but the program will disappear, I personally wouldnt invest into building up points in it.

had some good redemption values with them.....
Europe-Nepal in C was 15k + $350.
NZ-Central Asia with stop in Toronto in C was 18.75k + $500
BKK-Bali in C was only 7.5k + $100
18.5k South Asia-Hawaii + $300 taxes/fuel in C
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I used to b BD*G up to Sep.2009, but since then have been burning miles because of the upcoming mile-jacking into LH M&M.
I guess that's the big reason not to move to them, which is kind of what I figured.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:17 am

We tried call center, Singapore and hong kong ticketing offices in person.

No idea why UA does not show or say there is no I class availability when both AC and NH says there readily available.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
We tried call center, Singapore and hong kong ticketing offices in person.

No idea why UA does not show or say there is no I class availability when both AC and NH says there readily available.
Is this for SIN-HKG? Its a UA route... Its been a blocked one in the past, so you indeed may have ran into it again. Blocking resets every 3 months, so try again
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:27 pm

Is this for SIN-HKG? Its a UA route... Its been a blocked one in the past, so you indeed may have ran into it again. Blocking resets every 3 months, so try again
same goes for LAX-SIN..... there's a myriad of routings (via ICN, BKK, NRT) available for redemption but UA doesnt allow and UA itself has no space.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:48 pm

I guess that's the big reason not to move to them, which is kind of what I figured.
BMI has just announced some changes to their mileage accumulation charts. I haven't worked through the changes in terms of how they map out to AC fare classes, but a quick look suggests that many Tango fares now earn 25% of mileage earned and most others 50%. As the previous mapping was 100% that changes the appeal of BMI. I am sure there will be more changes to come that will make it less appealing a choice as a program to go to for Star G qualification.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...g-classes.html
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BMI has just announced some changes to their mileage accumulation charts.
The changes only apply to BMI flights to align it with the inevitable M&M mile-jacking, for now all AC flights still earn 100%

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...s/flights.aspx
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:41 pm

The changes only apply to BMI flights to align it with the inevitable M&M mile-jacking, for now all AC flights still earn 100%

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...s/flights.aspx
I see thanks. I haven't flown a revenue flight yet this year (burning through miles) so I haven't had to make any choices re: where to put my miles so haven't been too worried about it.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Bump for 2012 edition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.