Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: OLCI: Why not available for PDX and SEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: OLCI: Why not available for PDX and SEA?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
You mean getting rows 1 and 2 on those Dash8 flights?
I took row 13 on this flight last week...great perspective sitting backwards and watching the pax as if i was an FA...LOL...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just a brief question regarding SEA:

Is there an AC check-in counter (with UA staff doing the work) or do pax directly go to the UA check-in counters?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
I flew out of SAN in both February 2010 and February 2011. In 2010 AC used UA's system so OLCI was not possible. In 2011 AC had its own gates in a different terminal at SAN so OLCI was then possible.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:17 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just a brief question regarding SEA:

Is there an AC check-in counter (with UA staff doing the work) or do pax directly go to the UA check-in counters?
There's an AC counter near the UA counters (at the far right end of the terminal).
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC*E50k, AvisFirst, HHonors Diamond
Another PITA with this arrangement in PDX is that the UA system wants to charge SE's a fee for "Economy Plus" seating on Jazz' Dash 8
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA MP
Now that UA is migrated to CO's IT system, will OLCI become available in SEA/PDX?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by g46r
Now that UA is migrated to CO's IT system, will OLCI become available in SEA/PDX?
No. Unless they stop operating the gates for AC you cannot do OLCI.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AC 75K
Not only is there no online check-in from SEA and PDX, missing miles cannot be credited online for flights originating from these two stations as well. BPs and details must be sent in by mail.

Makes sense?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
As I've complained in other threads, this sort of thing drives me bonkers. Nearly 15 years after the formation of the Star Alliance, two founding members on the same continent in nearly the same time zone can't even get their computer systems to talk to each other to facilitate OLCI.

...or when there is a code share on each-other's metal they often can't view seat maps or do the most basic of things with your itinerary. And god help you if there's a hiccup and you need to get rebooked. Last month my friend was punted around like a ping pong ball.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Star Alliance Incompetence

I would take it, as well, that without OLCI, one is SOL about purchasing a LMU as well...by the time one would reach YVR or YYZ, either the space would be gone, or, impossible to do having already been checked in. Memo to self for all future trips: AVOID AC ex PDX and SEA.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by dunderhead
I would take it, as well, that without OLCI, one is SOL about purchasing a LMU as well...by the time one would reach YVR or YYZ, either the space would be gone, or, impossible to do having already been checked in. Memo to self for all future trips: AVOID AC ex PDX and SEA.
There is nothing stopping your from checking into your YVR departing flight through OLCI. Done it many times on sea-yvr-yyz when I wanted to get on upgrade list.

Just checkin with yvr as your departure city.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:23 am

Had the pleasure of using SEA yesterday and have found with the UA/CO integration it has actually gotten worse there. There are no longer any electronic check-in options even in the terminal.

As I was in the airport the night before I tried to get in front of the problem and get my boarding pass. Unfortunately the UA self-check-in assist I first dealt with thought it was possible and made me go through 50 iterations of trying to find your itinerary on the UA electronic check-in before directing me to a person. The agent confirmed that it was only available same day and that there would be no electronic options and to use the dedicated AC area at the extreme end of the terminal. I saw that there were no marking for priority there and was told that they do just one line.

Fast forward to the next day and after 20 minutes in the AC queue was checked in and when I asked about priority lines was told I should have used the UA *G line at the end other end of the UA check-in. I half heard the same conversation from the person in front of me, so clearly a common problem.

Note to AC/UA, a sign directing your priority passengers would have helped out both for the others waiting in the AC line and your status passengers.

Not sure if it is a day light saving glitch or an integration glitch, but the UA system also printed out a magical time machine boarding pass that had me landing in YVR 18 minutes before I left. Seems that when you combine a post merger glitchy system with AC IT, strange things happen.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:04 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
This is annoying, but I'm glad that I read this thread before my SEA-YVR flight tomorrow. Thanks for the helpful advice.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MP
Yes. If you are *G, ignore the AC line and use the UA *G line. I've never been turned away.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Had the pleasure of using SEA yesterday and have found with the UA/CO integration it has actually gotten worse there. There are no longer any electronic check-in options even in the terminal.
Ditto for PDX. Due to traffic, I arrived at check in 55 minutes before my Jazz flight to Vancouver. Couldn't use a kiosk and the agent was unwilling to check me in as I was 'past the 60 minute cutoff.' Had no boarding pass as OLCI wasn't an option.

Finally after pleading my case she agreed to 'try' and I had a boarding pass in 30 seconds.

There was no one at security (PDX, after all) and I was at my gate less than 10 minutes after getting my boarding pass - That included stopping in the concourse for a sandwich. I then cooled my heels at the gate for 30 minutes until they started boarding the Dash. At least I had time to eat my sandwich and phone the kids before bedtime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.