Wiki Posts
Search

MLL Beer Selection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by Tangoer
Good idea from the blue team: local beer not molson toxic waste
What I've heard is that hops make beer taste like beer but they are bitter. The North American consumer prefers sickly sweet child-like drinks, so the hops are replaced by high fructose corn starch/syrup and the like...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
What I've heard is that hops make beer taste like beer but they are bitter. The North American consumer prefers sickly sweet child-like drinks, so the hops are replaced by high fructose corn starch/syrup and the like...
*gag*

Not THIS North American. IPA is my choice of beer, preferably locally brewed.

Sweet is for desserts, not drinks IMO. Same goes for wine and liquor, with the exception of sauternes, ice wine, and baileys in morning coffee
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:27 am

MLL trans border still have Sleemans, Harp, Canadian and a real mans beer meal "Guiness" and they are working at 8 am?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by mkjr
that would be more of a zinger if the MLL domestic lounge at YYZ was such a prize....
The lounge at YYZ for domestic operations is just fine. Lots of room, lots of computers, showers and two areas to get your drinks.

The only issue I have found is it can become too crowded from time to time, which is why I use the Amex lounge as well. Anyway, still head and shoulders above no lounge or having to pay $25 a visit.

It's also difficult to please everyone, apparently especially the silver spoon FT crowd.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Not to sound too much like a beer snob, but it is possible to have sweet beer, with lots of hops and no high fructose corn syrup. And very tasty beer at that.

I am currently enjoying Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. Sweet, hoppy, high alcohol and the best beer in the world. The absolute best.

Most high fructose corn syrup beers (macros) are actually quite dry, as they need to convert the sugar to alcohol, leaving no sweetness.

Lastly, for the record, Guinness is good for braising beef, marinating things, and enjoying with breakfast when you are on a diet and want to skip cream in your coffee.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by drwilliams
I am currently enjoying Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. Sweet, hoppy, high alcohol and the best beer in the world. The absolute best.
Dogfish head? Sweet? Are we drinking the same beer? :P
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by phedre
Dogfish head? Sweet? Are we drinking the same beer? :P
Yes, not just sweet, suuuweeet
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Lastly, for the record, Guinness is good for braising beef, marinating things, and enjoying with breakfast when you are on a diet and want to skip cream in your coffee.
Can you explain the diet tip to Josee on Friday please - she did not believe me when I told her ...
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC,CO,UA,US,BA
Most major MLL still have Guinness,Harp,Canadian,Sleeman on tap.But no longer regional beer selection.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Originally Posted by canada168
Most major MLL still have Guinness,Harp,Canadian,Sleeman on tap.But no longer regional beer selection.
By major you mean YYZ Domestic, right? :P

My personal favourite is YVRTB, which has Canadian and Coors light. Two lagers. Could we at least get an ale in there?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:21 pm
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
I wanted a Kilkenny.....

Right now all the YVR domestic lounge has is Coors Light! Yikes!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE
I know I'm dredging up an old thread here, but today I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the YVR domestic lounge now has Guinness and Granville Island Pale Ale on tap. ^ Also, if you wish to rinse out your glass before putting beer in it, there is a choice of Coors Light and Molson Canadian.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: E50K/Starwoods Preferred/HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hjohnson
I know I'm dredging up an old thread here, but today I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the YVR domestic lounge now has Guinness and Granville Island Pale Ale on tap. ^ Also, if you wish to rinse out your glass before putting beer in it, there is a choice of Coors Light and Molson Canadian.
sleek beer unit too ! wish there was someone to pour a good pint !
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Excellent news. Remember when YUL domestic's fridge was chock full of canned beers? Another cutback. Last time I was there they had Guiness (a like-it-or-not cult beer), and Molson toxic waste only.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.