Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
$955, ow ow ow ow ow.

If you can get rid of the TATL AC segment you'll probably get $250-300 back (unless you change to LH... but at least their F will be worth it).
I know, I know. I originally was going to come back BRU ORD (UA F) ORD YYZ (UA J) and I lost it while my daughter put in her vacation request. I think it would have saved me about $200 - $250 a ticket, maybe more. Hoping for LX to open up, but more likely LH, which is ok with me. I already paid Not sure about whether I would take UA now. What do you think? I guess if its F.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I know, I know. I originally was going to come back BRU ORD (UA F) ORD YYZ (UA J) and I lost it while my daughter put in her vacation request. I think it would have saved me about $200 - $250 a ticket, maybe more. Hoping for LX to open up, but more likely LH, which is ok with me. I already paid Not sure about whether I would take UA now. What do you think? I guess if its F.
Dunno. I guess it's F, so it should still be better. The only issue is - just make sure it's a new config 777 (or a 747). I used to follow this long thread on UA's 777 retrofit (in the UA forum), but since I fortunately never ended up flying UA on any of my over-water itins, I've been successful in not caring. But I should figure F should still outdo J. The United and Swiss First lounges in ORD should be worth a visit, at least. And you'll save a pile of YQ and not have to deal with AC's now-outdated interiors.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Dunno. I guess it's F, so it should still be better. The only issue is - just make sure it's a new config 777 (or a 747). I used to follow this long thread on UA's 777 retrofit (in the UA forum), but since I fortunately never ended up flying UA on any of my over-water itins, I've been successful in not caring. But I should figure F should still outdo J. The United and Swiss First lounges in ORD should be worth a visit, at least. And you'll save a pile of YQ and not have to deal with AC's now-outdated interiors.
Makes sense to me. Lots of time. It's not till the spring!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:36 am

May not be a mini-rtw... but it covers a pretty big chunk of it...

YOW-YYZ ACJ E90
YYZ-IST TKJ 77W (1 week stop)
IST-JNB TKJ 333
JNB-CPT SAJ 344 (4 day turn)
CPT-IST TKJ 333
IST-GVA TKJ 321 (8 day stop) ->time to visit the south of france
GVA-ZRH LXJ 319
ZRH-YUL LXJ 333
YUL-YOW ACJ CR7

150,000 AE points and 244$ of taxes pp (2x) +30$ call in fee
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thought I would post this.. just has an open jaw..no other stop but it does go rtw. All segments J (100,000 pts + $625 pp x 2) Booked in December during points reduction period. We couldn't add in another stop as this was the maximum time we could be away from home.

AC846 YYZ-MUC
LH1772 MUC-IST
TK716 IST-DEL stop for one week land travel and boarding a ship at Mumbai to Singapore (30 days)
SQ828 SIN-PVG (originally one ticket J, one Y but able to change Y to J during SQ glitch period)
AC88 PVG-YYZ
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: CX, Marriott
Just came back from this trip. 175K Aeroplan points + $853.60 in fees and Aeroplan telephone booking fees.

ORD- IAD (UA F) connection
IAD - FRA (LH F on 747-8i) connection - spent the day in Frankfurt downtown
FRA - ICN (LH F) connection
ICN - NRT (OZ J - 2 class plane) destination

NRT - FRA (LH F on A380) connection < 24 hrs - overnight at the Sherton airport using a SPG cash and points award.
FRA - ORD (LH F)
ORD - YYC (UA F)
YYC - YVR (AC J)

The agent said I'm over in mileage on my outbound flight, so I have to buy a seperate ticket from my hometown YVR to ORD. They couldn't even stretch the origin to Denver!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by coalharbour

The agent said I'm over in mileage on my outbound flight, so I have to buy a seperate ticket from my hometown YVR to ORD.
The agent lied.

The MPM via AT for YVR-NRT is 14800 - and your route comes nowhere near that. You should have insisted the agent consult the right MPM5 - I suspect they consulted the PAcific one.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took five agents to get this booked, but...

YYZ-WAW-FRA-PEK (stop) LO787, LH, CA77W flat bed.
PEK-BKK (dest) CA772
BKK-HKG-IST-BEG-WAW (stop) ET767, TK77W flat bed, TK, LO
WAW-YYZ LO787

125000 miles

Taxes and scamcharges: $383 + $33.90 phone fee. Very low LO TATL scamcharge (<$100 per direction) on the brand new 787 in business. Also the goal was to avoid the USA - so TATL options were quite limited.

Interestingly enough, if routed YYZ-WAW LO on outbound, and WAW-FRA-YYZ on return on LH/AC, the scamcharge would have been calculated by segment, and would exceed $600.

But if LO was put in both ways, it took the LO return scamcharge of *only* $187!

So yes, there is still some value in Aeroplan miles if routed carefully
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
YYZ-WAW-FRA-PEK (stop) LO787, LH, CA77W flat bed.
PEK-BKK (dest) CA772
BKK-HKG-IST-BEG-WAW (stop) ET767, TK77W flat bed, TK, LO
WAW-YYZ LO787

125000 miles

Taxes and scamcharges: $383 + $33.90 phone fee. Very low LO TATL scamcharge (<$100 per direction) on the brand new 787 in business

Interestingly enough, if routed YYZ-WAW LO on outbound, and WAW-FRA-YYZ on return on LH/AC, the scamcharge would have been calculated by segment, and would exceed $600.

But if LO was put in both ways, it took the LO return scamcharge of *only* $187!

So yes, there is still some value in Aeroplan miles if routed carefully
Nice find!

How was availability on LO? I had no idea they took delivery of a 787.

I will have to consider this for the next RTW... $187 is fairly reasonable, assuming it's a good hard product.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice find!

How was availability on LO? I had no idea they took delivery of a 787.

I will have to consider this for the next RTW... $187 is fairly reasonable, assuming it's a good hard product.
The first delivery is in 2 weeks - the next 4 planes are coming in over the next 4-5 months. This trip is for August 2013, so by then, LO should have all 5 787s running their TATLs, availability in J is quite good for YYZ-WAW (its more of a leisure route). The 787 hard product looks spectacular - very similar flat beds to TK 77Ws
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:26 am

The first delivery is in 2 weeks - the next 4 planes are coming in over the next 4-5 months. This trip is for August 2013, so by then, LO should have all 5 787s running their TATLs, availability in J is quite good for YYZ-WAW (its more of a leisure route). The 787 hard product looks spectacular - very similar flat beds to TK 77Ws
Very interesting. I will definitely have to try this on my next route, thanks!

Hey, ever had any experience booking more than 2J on TK? I need 3J, and copped the 2 that were available for the more important members of the family, so I'm the odd man out in Y. Do they open up any seats closer to departure, or am I going to have to make pretty eyes and wave my TK*G card at them in hopes of an opup?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very interesting. I will definitely have to try this on my next route, thanks!

Hey, ever had any experience booking more than 2J on TK? I need 3J, and copped the 2 that were available for the more important members of the family, so I'm the odd man out in Y. Do they open up any seats closer to departure, or am I going to have to make pretty eyes and wave my TK*G card at them in hopes of an opup?
Opup - no chance

No idea - never had to book 3 seats on TK.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC *E
I booked this routing in mid-September for Nov 10 departure. 120k miles times two. (I'm going with the wife.) Taxes were about $750 pp, IIRC.

YOW-YYZ-FRA-BKK-TPE-ICN-NRT-SEA-YVR-YOW

We do stops in Thailand, Korea and Japan.

FRA-BKK is on TG A380 in F. NRT-SEA is on ANA 788 in F. Looking forward to my first experience on both of those aircraft!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: CX, Marriott
The agent lied.

The MPM via AT for YVR-NRT is 14800 - and your route comes nowhere near that. You should have insisted the agent consult the right MPM5 - I suspect they consulted the PAcific one.
Thanks rankourabu for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Is there a list of MPM that I could refer to in the future?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coalharbour
Thanks rankourabu for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Is there a list of MPM that I could refer to in the future?
you need to subscribe to ExpertFlyer or KVS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.