Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Just changed mine. Made it pretty basic, but covering a lot of miles. Also, fees and scamcharges went from $951 to $810 (x 2). Now going:

YYZ-LAX (AC J) LAX-ICN (OZ F) Stop
ICN-NRT (OZ F) Stop
NRT-FRA (NH F) FRA-BRU (LH J) Stop replaces NRT-BKK (TG J) BKK-BRU (TG F)
BRU-ORD (UA F) ORD-YYZ (AC J) replaces BRU-YUL (AC J) YUL-YYZ (AC J)

Now all the long legs are in F. Really wanted to stop at the TK First Class lounge in BKK but I eliminated half a day of travel time and picked up an extra night in BRU instead of spending it on a plane!

Last edited by allbrosca; Nov 24, 2012 at 9:20 am
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I just booked the following after a couple of hours on the phone with Aeroplan. I thought I had it all down pat, until I realized that they weren't showing any of the OZ F flights that I wanted that were showing up on the united award site, but not aeroplan. Anyhow, here it is:

YYZ-ORD - AC J - E75 - (overnight <24hrs)
ORD-NRT - NH F - 777-300ER - (overnight <24hrs)
NRT-HKG - NH J - 763 - stop
HKG-BKK - TG F - A380 - (overnight <24hrs)
BKK-MUC - TG F - 747-400 - (overnight <24hrs)
MUC-VIE - LH J - Fokker 100 - stop
VIE-FRA - LH J - A319 (overnight <24hrs)
FRA-ORD - UA F - 777-200
ORD-YYZ - UA J - CR7

I plan to swap out the United flight for LH F once it becomes available a few weeks out which I realize will bump up my YQ even higher but I'm not going to get to experience it every day. As it stands now, total fees/charges were $887.16 which is slightly higher than I thought it would be, but oh well. I purposely wanted to stop over in each location with the exception of FRA in order to do a quick visit of each city.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
It seems that mini-rtw's with scamcharges around the $1000 mark are now the norm....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:55 pm

Does mini-RTW require a minimum number of segments to be called that? I am planning a trip to Europe next spring with one stopover of several days each way, probably in NY going to and Montreal coming back.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Does mini-RTW require a minimum number of segments to be called that? I am planning a trip to Europe next spring with one stopover of several days each way, probably in NY going to and Montreal coming back.
Not really. It's a term coined by FT meaning an itinerary where you cross both oceans and manage a few stops along the way. But as you notice, this thread has a number of North America - Asia itineraries going *and* returning over the Atlantic, which are technically not RTWs, but have potential for even more "interesting" routings because of higher MPM, so the term has kind of diluted itself.

Also, the Aeroplan agents have no clue what you'd be talking about if you did mention it
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by habshabs444
I just booked the following after a couple of hours on the phone with Aeroplan. I thought I had it all down pat, until I realized that they weren't showing any of the OZ F flights that I wanted that were showing up on the united award site, but not aeroplan. Anyhow, here it is:

YYZ-ORD - AC J - E75 - (overnight <24hrs)
ORD-NRT - NH F - 777-300ER - (overnight <24hrs)
NRT-HKG - NH J - 763 - stop
HKG-BKK - TG F - A380 - (overnight <24hrs)
BKK-MUC - TG F - 747-400 - (overnight <24hrs)
MUC-VIE - LH J - Fokker 100 - stop
VIE-FRA - LH J - A319 (overnight <24hrs)
FRA-ORD - UA F - 777-200
ORD-YYZ - UA J - CR7

I plan to swap out the United flight for LH F once it becomes available a few weeks out which I realize will bump up my YQ even higher but I'm not going to get to experience it every day. As it stands now, total fees/charges were $887.16 which is slightly higher than I thought it would be, but oh well. I purposely wanted to stop over in each location with the exception of FRA in order to do a quick visit of each city.
NH F is a great score, as is TG A388 in F (although sadly too short). Is the F to MUC still in B777 suites? Nice job!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I just booked this after spending a ton of time with the KVS tool over the past few weeks and some very helpful FTers:

All segments in J except as noted, 2 tickets:

SFO to FRA on UA
FRA to BRU on SN
BRU to CAI on MS, stopover in CAI

CAI to CAN on MS
CAN to PVG on CA, stopover in PVG

PVG to NRT on NH, in Y going to try and change it to J, stopover in NRT
NRT to SEA on UA
SEA to SFO on UA, in Y but probably going to ditch this leg and just pay to fly back to LAX on WN

Including the call centre fee, I paid 135k miles and $270 per ticket in fees, which I thought was pretty good.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:46 am

I can not find it easily if discussed before, but I am constructing an itinerary of
a trip to Europe as follows:

YYC - EWR stop

JFK - VIE
VIE - KRK destination
and return via YUL >>>>>>>>>

Is changing airports at New York acceptable? The AP tool appears not to like it....

Is using points from 1 account for 2 tickets any better than separate accounts for each ticket as far as agent booking and seat assignments? Do they charge fees separately for each ticket or combined into one sum?

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:51 am
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I can not find it easily if discussed before, but I am constructing an itinerary of

YYC - EWR stop

JFK - VIE
VIE - KRK destination

Is changing airports at New York acceptable? The AP tool appears not to like it....

Is using points from 1 account for 2 tickets any better than separate accounts for each ticket as far as agent booking and seat assignments? Do they charge fees separately for each ticket or combined into one sum?
This is in the wrong thread, but yes changing airports is acceptable.

However, JFK-VIE-KRK-xxx-YUL will cost about $700+ in fees

Method of payment doesnt matter, each ticket will get charged $33.90 phone fee.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:19 am

YYC - EWR stop

JFK - VIE
VIE - KRK destination

Changing airports in the same city is not a problem (especially if they are well-known airports and you don't have to argue with the agent, like in the case of KIX/ITM). As far as the points go - it makes no difference which accounts the points come from as the fees are the same regardless.

[edit] why don't you try to get on YYZ-WAW which might have the 787 (depending on your dates)?

Originally Posted by sp4294
NH F is a great score, as is TG A388 in F (although sadly too short). Is the F to MUC still in B777 suites? Nice job!
He does say 747-400....
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by sp4294
NH F is a great score
Out of nowhere there has been a lot of NH F availability about 6 months out. Maybe that's when they release them? I have been checking NRT and HND to BRU fairly regularly and earlier this week found lots of NH F routing through either FRA or MUC in early May.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
YYZ-SFO UA J A319 (Stop)
SFO-ICN SQ F 777W (Stop)
ICN-HKG OZ J 333 (8 hours layover)
HKG-BKK TG F 744 (Turnaround)
BKK-NRT TG F 744 (Stop)
NRT-IAD NH J 777 (12 hours layover)
IAD-YYZ UA J E70
Just finished the second last leg of this, and will complete the trip tonight. Thanks to all for the collective help & intelligence (and the SQ F availability spot of course!).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by allbrosca
Out of nowhere there has been a lot of NH F availability about 6 months out. Maybe that's when they release them? I have been checking NRT and HND to BRU fairly regularly and earlier this week found lots of NH F routing through either FRA or MUC in early May.
Past experience definitely didn't see a lot of NH F availability - any number of months out. So good score there
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:44 am

My apologies for misplacing my post. Thank you both for comments.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is in the wrong thread, but yes changing airports is acceptable.
However, JFK-VIE-KRK-xxx-YUL will cost about $700+ in fees
Method of payment doesnt matter, each ticket will get charged $33.90 phone fee.
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Changing airports in the same city is not a problem (especially if they are well-known airports and you don't have to argue with the agent, like in the case of KIX/ITM). As far as the points go - it makes no difference which accounts the points come from as the fees are the same regardless.

[edit] why don't you try to get on YYZ-WAW which might have the 787 (depending on your dates)?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: US Gold, OZ Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I had originally booked a trip with the 125K F "promotion" for Oct but had to change last min because of medical issues. I was unfortunately in the 3 week window so I couldn't refund the points and had to book the flight within 1 year of ticketing (with no vacation left for the year), so the new itinerary isn't the most ideal but I figured I would add it to the collective wisdom should someone be looking for something similar.

YYJ - YVR - AC Y - DH3 (had to burn my original istanbul stopover because I didn't have vacation until Feb but needed flight to start before Dec 3)
YVR - SFO - UA Y - A319
SFO - NRT - NH J - 77W (stopover)
HND - BKK - TG F - 773 (destination)
BKK - HKG - TG F - A380
HKG - IST - TK J - 77W
IST - FRA - LH J - 321
FRA - IAD - LH J - 74H
IAD - YYZ - UA Y - ER4
YYZ - YVR - AC J - 77L

Obviously I'm hoping for some F space to open on FRA-IAD and SFO-NRT (unlikely). If anyone can think of anything else I might want to change (should I change my ticket closer to dep) please let me know.

Taxes and scamcharges ~$800. I didn't calculate the exact amount because it was hard to work out with change fees, refunds, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.