Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Once again, do you know something we don't?.
Wait, you are saying that AC points will be worth more or the same and not less in the new program?, contradicting common sense and past practice?
Do tell.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Wait, you are saying that AC points will be worth more or the same and not less in the new program?, contradicting common sense and past practice?
Do tell.
If "the same" includes some margin (5-10%), then yes, that's what I'm saying.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:16 pm

Do you know something we don't?
It's been pretty widely reported that the new program is coming in June. Obviously that may be delayed now

This has been explicitly debunked by Mark Nasr.
Please do provide a link - it is possible for some people to miss the odd news article out of the millions that are published each day.

Once again, do you know something we don't?
Oh, come on, now you're being silly.

If that was their goal, they'd want you to fly right now, not cancel and leave the points there.
That makes no sense. Flying right now means a mRTW trip entirely in business. Them refunding the miles and then devaluing the miles means the cost to them will be lower.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 4, 2020 at 3:45 am Reason: edit quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by don_drapper
Agent was not willing at all to accommodate given the current situation and even the fact flights might not be restored? Quite a bummer if so as now I move from excellent flights all around to "piecing together" whatever I can find that gets me where I want... Guess all I can do is hope that the situation improves by the summer.

EDIT: I am still looking to rebook by flights, though it will be for the mid-June through end of August. I already pieced a few "good" flights to get my first half done, though it is definitely gonna increase my taxes on the trip. At this point, I cannot "afford" to be picky, so it seems like I'll move from 18CPP to maybe 10-12CPP... Oh well.
This is almost 100% my situation. I want to push it out several months past Aug 2020 but they are not willing to do so. I've tried twice and both times, the rep called a supervisor and were unable to help.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by milesforhire
This is almost 100% my situation. I want to push it out several months past Aug 2020 but they are not willing to do so. I've tried twice and both times, the rep called a supervisor and were unable to help.
I'm currently contemplating options to split my trip - do the first leg before the August deadline and the remainder later in 2021, pay cash for a return flight for the first leg and an outbound leg for a second trip in 2021.

Problem with that would be what happens if the August leg can't go ahead, that would require a cancellation of the entire redemption, and then I'm also stuck with two backwards cash legs.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: AE / MR
Originally Posted by milesforhire
I found good flights following advices in other groups (swapped my destination from SYD to ADL so I can fly Singapore J vs flying in and out through HND, reducing YQ). Travel dates for me are now June 28 through August 19 (the day before the 1 year from original booking). At this point, it's going to be a decision I'll have to make in June to either go regardless (unless quarantine is imposed still), or cancel and lose my 3 stops. I did not push my rep to see if I could do beyond August 2020 as they didn't seem knowledgable or willing to do more than the strict minimum, but I am not too surprised they are sticking to the 12 months ticket validity.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by don_drapper
I found good flights following advices in other groups (swapped my destination from SYD to ADL so I can fly Singapore J vs flying in and out through HND, reducing YQ). Travel dates for me are now June 28 through August 19 (the day before the 1 year from original booking). At this point, it's going to be a decision I'll have to make in June to either go regardless (unless quarantine is imposed still), or cancel and lose my 3 stops. I did not push my rep to see if I could do beyond August 2020 as they didn't seem knowledgable or willing to do more than the strict minimum, but I am not too surprised they are sticking to the 12 months ticket validity.
Is AE still the best way of getting a valid RTW booking? I would much prefer to get a proper paid RTW booking!
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:08 pm

Day 1: BWN 1155 SIN 1405
Day 2: SIN 1345 SGN 1455

Both in J on SQ.

When I do a one-way between BWN and SGN, the itinerary BWN-SIN-SGN doesn't show up. But generating them separately does. Any ideas why even though it's < 24h in SIN?

If I call in, will AP agent go ahead with piecing the segments together (plus no booking fee) even though they technically don't do that anymore?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by seks
Day 1: BWN 1155 SIN 1405
Day 2: SIN 1345 SGN 1455

Both in J on SQ.

When I do a one-way between BWN and SGN, the itinerary BWN-SIN-SGN doesn't show up. But generating them separately does. Any ideas why even though it's < 24h in SIN?

If I call in, will AP agent go ahead with piecing the segments together (plus no booking fee) even though they technically don't do that anymore?
I had no issues with AP agent piecing together segments I provided.

Calling in to make a reservation will, and always, incur a phone booking fee.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
I had no issues with AP agent piecing together segments I provided.

Calling in to make a reservation will, and always, incur a phone booking fee.
I guess I should add:

YYC-YVR-TPE-SIN-BWN
BWN-SIN-SGN
SGN-ICN-LAX-YYC

if it's even allowed...?

Last edited by seks; Apr 10, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Old Apr 11, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
so given COVID19, who's got one of these lined up anytime soon? I'm still on for August but worried.. that's a lot of different flights and country entry restrictions that have to work out.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
so given COVID19, who's got one of these lined up anytime soon? I'm still on for August but worried.. that's a lot of different flights and country entry restrictions that have to work out.
I had a 10 segment F/J itinerary which I cancelled in early March. Was also going to book a revenue multi-segment itinerary but decided not to proceed. Too many uncertainties on border restrictions.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by seks
I guess I should add:

YYC-YVR-TPE-SIN-BWN
BWN-SIN-SGN
SGN-ICN-LAX-YYC

if it's even allowed...?
Don't see why not as long as you're under MPM.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Don't see why not as long as you're under MPM.
I called AP and agent said BWN (point-of-turnaround) has to be after SGN.

From what I'm reading from Prince of Travel's Webstie:

You can arrange your stopover either before or after your destination

So that sounds like to me I can do SGN before or after BWN?

On a side note, she said she can see an BWN-SGN with a < 24h layover in SIN. But I cannot generate that as a one-way BWN-SGN on the same date. So why can she see it and I can't?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hope anyone can help.

I try to book a 1 way ticket from YVR-HAN on EVA. If i do the search YVR-HAN, nothing show up on EVA, but when I break the segment to YVR-TPE and from TPE-HAN, the flight show up. So can I call Aeroplan and ask them to put it together?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.