Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
For YYZ-TPE, there was no other econ award seats on Jan. 1 (only through VIE), or Jan. 2. I'll keep checking. Hope something comes up to go through one of other gateways.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Any particular reason you seem obsessed with the FRA-EZE flight?

An itinerary along the lines of FRA (Europe) - EZE - AKL (New Zealand / Australia) - Asia - Europe would definitely be valid.
Its the longest LH flight, it has what appears to be an easily bookable F cabin, it's on a 747-8 (which I've never flown on), and I like Buenos Aires! Now if I can throw in some other cool F cabins on the same booking I'd be thrilled. I've only flown CX and LH in F so far (I know, roughing it).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:39 pm

34 miles over maximum MPM, is there any room for overage here? Is this itinerary valid?

YVR - ORD
ORD - LIS
LIS - VCE
VCE - ATH
ATH - CAI
CAI - DXB (STOP)
DXB - BKK
BKK - SIN
SIN - KUL
KUL - SGN
SGN - TPE
TPE - YVR
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ThisFunGuy
34 miles over maximum MPM, is there any room for overage here? Is this itinerary valid?

YVR - ORD
ORD - LIS
LIS - VCE
VCE - ATH
ATH - CAI
CAI - DXB (STOP)
DXB - BKK
BKK - SIN
SIN - KUL
KUL - SGN
SGN - TPE
TPE - YVR
Maybe add something in southern India like MAA? A stop there would become your destination and the rest would be fine (as long as SIN is just a layover, not a stop)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Update

Today June 13th, received an "Itinerary Change Notice" email from Aeroplan, and another email with new e-tickets attachment.

I have not contacted Aeroplan at all. So the system automatically re-issued eTickets on the UA schedule change (from a 9:40 am departure to a 10:02 am departure.)

Now I need to check on the partner airlines to make sure the re-issued tickets are properly done, i.e. the partner airlines still show "Confirmed" status on all their segments as to reflect they also receive the re-issued tickets. Sigh.
Originally Posted by erik19283
If you had selected seats, you should check that too to make sure you still have the same.
All partners (TP, TK, BR & UA) EXCEPT SQ, show correct info on their sites, including the new tickets (TK requires ticket number to pull up reservation not made thru them).
Both TP and TK keep the seat selection (TP seat selection cannot be done online, I did that via calling in the past). BR seat selection is re-assigned by the system. I redid it online back to our preference of window seats.

SQ though,shows the reservation is "confirmed" but not ticketed! I notice the screen looks different from the screenshot I previously taken, and then realize the print button of e-ticket and receipt is grayed out - I have a PDF file from this button when the tickets were first issued.

The oddest thing is, Amadeus does not recognize the SQ PNR which is shared by TP and BR as all 3 use Amadeus system. Even the ever-reliable QR site that can pull up almost any Amadeus PNR, also could not pull up the reservation with the SQ / Amadeus PNR!

Saudia site though, recognizes the new ticket numbers and shows every segment is "paid" with coupon status either Open for use or Airport Control.

Called Aeroplan about SQ site showing "not ticketed". Agent went to SQ site using SQ PNR and saw what I saw. She had to call supervisor to find out because in Aeroplan system, everything is fine. After very long hold agent (who waited to be connected to the supervisor) came back to explain that SQ site would behave like that once a ticket is reissued. I decided to call SQ to make sure. SQ US call center is actually based in Philippines. The Philippina phone rep confirmed the booking was ticketed - the ticket numbers in her system match the new ticket numbers I have. BUT, all previously selected seats are lost so we redid the seat selection over the phone. She also sent me a pdf file showing the itinerary and SQ seat assignments. The itinerary still does not show any ticket number though.

IIRC I have read about either on this thread or its own thread, that someone called SQ 2 weeks before departure to get seat assignment on his Aeroplan RTW which had reissuances, then found out SQ did not receive the tickets. At the end his whole itinerary was rebooked with different routing incl some portions were purchased by Aeroplan...

Frankly I am not impressed by SQ website even when the tickets are first issued and SQ site print button was working. SQ display never shows any ticket number versus all other partners show the ticket numbers even they are not the issuers. I think we all know the importance of ticket number being the proof of the reservation is now ticketed and can actually be flown... Not seeing the ticket number always makes me nervous.
nnanlno likes this.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 18, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by opentag
Maybe add something in southern India like MAA? A stop there would become your destination and the rest would be fine (as long as SIN is just a layover, not a stop)
ATH and BKK are my other two stops, Dubai being the PoT :/
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ThisFunGuy
ATH and BKK are my other two stops, Dubai being the PoT :/
No can do - BKK is further than DXB from YVR, that will be your POT, and the whole thing subject to YVR-BKK MPM
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:49 pm

Need some help guys trying to plan a Euro trip.

Looking at these dates. July 18/19 to Aug 1.
I found a few routes going through the states which is fine everything else is aircanada and the taxes are way to much.

YYZ
MAD(Madrid)
FCO(Rome)
CDG(Paris)
YYZ

Which order would i have to go in? I'm assuming FCO is my furthest point.
I found a few routes with Swiss airlines that have a layover in ZRH from MAD-FCO
Also from FCO-CDG Swiss airlines that layovers in ZRH is that still valid? or can i not layover in the same city twice?

I'm basically open to anything with these 3 countries if anyone can help.
I can also am fine adding stop to avoid taxes if i have to not a big deal.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by MikeyT; Jun 18, 2019 at 3:16 pm Reason: forgot orgin
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by MikeyT

I found a few routes going through the states which is fine everything else is aircanada and the taxes are way to much.

YYZ
MAD(Madrid)
FCO(Rome)
CDG(Paris)
YYZ

I found a few routes with Swiss airlines that have a layover in Brussels from MAD-FCO
Also from FCO-CDG Swiss airlines that layovers in Brussels is that still valid? or can i not layover in the same city twice?

You can order the cities anyway you wish, but FCO will be considered your destination. Maximum permitted mileage for YYZ-FCO is 7516 miles, which means the total routing to and from FCO cannot exceed 7516 miles each way. The other limitation is you can not transit the same city more than once on either side of FCO.

You can connect in multiple cities, it's only when that connection exceeds 24 hours it is considered a stopover.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyT

YYZ
MAD(Madrid)
FCO(Rome)
CDG(Paris)
YYZ

I found a few routes with Swiss airlines that have a layover in ZRH from MAD-FCO
Also from FCO-CDG Swiss airlines that layovers in ZRH is that still valid? or can i not layover in the same city twice?

The transatlantic flights are HARD this late in the summer. There's actually space EWR-MAD on UA so you can get there. The cities you want don't have a *A airline based there so you'll need to go through a spoke like LIS (TP) or ZRH (LX). So something like yyz-ewr-mad-lis-cdg-zrh-fco would get you there an be legal. Just no idea how to get you back. I'm not seeing any availability transatlantic around August 1. If you can find something you should be able to do the rest.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:41 pm

yeah I was having trouble finding a route back to YYZ.

I did a bunch of searches 1way on the aeroplan site and can't find anything.

what site are you using to see the flights around Aug 1?

i Just need to be back for Aug 3 I have a wedding

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Has anyone had success doing a mini-RTW going YYZ to HKG as dest and return via Atlantic, counting it as a Asia 1 redemption?

The psuedo-MPM wiki shows YYZ-HKG to be 10957 (q), some routing (via CDG, WAW, VIE) are just shy of 10000, but some (IST, DOH, LIS) are approaching the 10957.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by nnanlno
Has anyone had success doing a mini-RTW going YYZ to HKG as dest and return via Atlantic, counting it as a Asia 1 redemption?

The psuedo-MPM wiki shows YYZ-HKG to be 10957 (q), some routing (via CDG, WAW, VIE) are just shy of 10000, but some (IST, DOH, LIS) are approaching the 10957.
Our outbound is TATL, but we made it work via CDG and IST! Great Circle Mapper

And yes, it's Asia 1 for us!
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Originally Posted by asovse1
Our outbound is TATL, but we made it work via CDG and IST! Great Circle Mapper

And yes, it's Asia 1 for us!
So the 10,900 mark is trustworthy. Thanks for your super quick input! Much appreciated.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
No can do - BKK is further than DXB from YVR, that will be your POT, and the whole thing subject to YVR-BKK MPM
What if I change BKK to SGN as the stop instead? Will that work with DXB as POT? First stop will be VCE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.