Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
I want to book a mini rtw but flights to start it are available 355 days out and I want to stay in each place a month. So do I have to wait at least 365 days before the last flight I take in the rtw come out before I book the whole rtw itinerary? THis can't be the first time on here this was questioned but I can't seem to find anything. Thanks
Yes you must wait if you want it on one ticket. It sounds like you probably have some flexibility though and with only one person it shouldn't be that hard. You may not get your top pick but I suspect you'd find a seat.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:46 pm

hi there - trying to book a honeymoon for next jan.

is it possible to combine maldives with new zealand on the same reward, with yyz as the origin, under these new rules?

appreciate the help!!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by tropicana
hi there - trying to book a honeymoon for next jan.

is it possible to combine maldives with new zealand on the same reward, with yyz as the origin, under these new rules?

appreciate the help!!
Theoretically yes. You would need Australia to make it - not sure if Sydney would allow it, but Perth definitely does with this routing: YYZ-IST-MLE; MLE-SIN-PER; PER-AKL; AKL-USA-YYZ

Probably won't see business class for a lot of it if you were going for that. If you can find YYZ-IST via Turkish, you can get it with no surcharges, although it would be United from NZ to YYZ.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hope someone can help a newbie trying to book soon. I spent some hours learning at 3 sites: United, ANA, and Aeroplan.

1. Would this itinerary work?
YYZ – NRT or HND - NGO (stop) - CTS (stop) - HNL (stop) – YYZ.
(NGO and CTS are in Japan.)

My test entries at Aeroplan’s multi-city option showed 75K miles / person for the following: YYZ - HND – HNL - YYZ

The final leg was greyed out, with an error message, “This flight cannot be combined with your previous selections”, so I deleted the leg. I’ve read posts discussing greyed out situations, but I still don’t understand what causes flights to be greyed out.

2. Now, for YYZ (AC) - HND– HNL, the taxes and fees total was ~$406 / person, which seems not correct (I’ve read that now Japan has no YQ, even with NH or AC). How should I deal with the error if that happens when I call in? i.e., What authority should I quote for Japan = no YQ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Hi everyone,

I am currently booking a mini-rtw tickets, so I guess I could post my question here, though it may not be 100% proper.

I was looking at the segment of Syd-Sin, and I found a lot of availabilities with SQ with its 77W on J, and none of its 388 has J space open but Y. Is it being blocked by SQ or it is just happened to be all booked by follow flyers? I have looked as far as 340 days ahead.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:40 pm

Blocked by SQ.

You might find some A380 space on the BOM-SIN route though
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:09 pm

If I do an open-jaw between SIN and BKK, will SIN (the destination farthest away from my home airport, YYC) be considered my turn for maximum mileage calculations?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Blocked by SQ.

You might find some A380 space on the BOM-SIN route though
Thanks Crimsona,

This sucks...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:00 am

Looking to go to Australia and try the new YVR-BNE route. Is this a valid routing?

YVR-BNE-(TURNAROUND)-SIN-BKK-(STOP)-SIN-FUK-NRT-(STOP)-ICN-YVR

Does the BKK-NRT via SIN make it invalid?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ
Looking to go to Australia and try the new YVR-BNE route. Is this a valid routing?

If you are based in YYZ, why don't you start in YYZ?

Since BNE is your turnaround, I don't think you can go to SIN twice as each place can be only visited once per direction. I maybe wrong, but that's what I know
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by emiabe
Hope someone can help a newbie trying to book soon. I spent some hours learning at 3 sites: United, ANA, and Aeroplan.

1. Would this itinerary work?
YYZ – NRT or HND - NGO (stop) - CTS (stop) - HNL (stop) – YYZ.
(NGO and CTS are in Japan.)

My test entries at Aeroplan’s multi-city option showed 75K miles / person for the following: YYZ - HND – HNL - YYZ

The final leg was greyed out, with an error message, “This flight cannot be combined with your previous selections”, so I deleted the leg. I’ve read posts discussing greyed out situations, but I still don’t understand what causes flights to be greyed out.

2. Now, for YYZ (AC) - HND– HNL, the taxes and fees total was ~$406 / person, which seems not correct (I’ve read that now Japan has no YQ, even with NH or AC). How should I deal with the error if that happens when I call in? i.e., What authority should I quote for Japan = no YQ?

Thanks.
1. means your have exceeded the MPM, you may call in to give a try. It also means AE wants your booking fee
2. ANA always impose surcharges, which is limited by government regulation, but it doesn't mean none.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ

Alternative routing - but not sure if this exceeds MPM:

YYZ-LHR-ICN-SYD(Turnaround)-SIN-BKK(STOP)-NRT-ORD-YYZ
28,623 mi total
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Is 35 minutes too minor a skchg to ask for a fee-free change? I've got YEG-YVR(overnight)-SEA-Asia with YEG-YVR pushed back 35 mins and would like to ask for YEG-YYC-SEA(overnight)-Asia instead, where there's no I space on YYC-SEA (and maybe no X space on YEG-YYC, but I don't know).
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
Is 35 minutes too minor a skchg to ask for a fee-free change? I've got YEG-YVR(overnight)-SEA-Asia with YEG-YVR pushed back 35 mins and would like to ask for YEG-YYC-SEA(overnight)-Asia instead, where there's no I space on YYC-SEA (and maybe no X space on YEG-YYC, but I don't know).
It's never too minor to "ask".

They can open up space on AC metal. It's probably easier to get them to do it in Y than J.

It's also easier if you come up with a plausible reason why the change has negatively impacted you.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:39 pm

Hi,

New to this, not sure this is the right place to ask, but I have a question regarding a trip from YUL to the west coast.

Would something like YUL-LAS (stay 3-4 days)-SEA (stay 5-6 days)-YUL be something I could book easily? And it would cost the normal 30k miles to do so?

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.