Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jazz to operate 757-200s

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto
This is what happens when you sell your regional partner, it decides to compete with you! Or, Jazz becomes Republic.

Jazz Air LP announces flight services agreement with Thomas Cook Canada to operate Boeing 757-200 aircraft

Today, Jazz Air LP announced that it has signed a flight services agreement with Thomas Cook Canada Inc. ("Thomas Cook") to operate no less than six Boeing 757-200 aircraft on their behalf to various sun destinations from Canadian gateways during the winter season (November through April). Subject to Jazz obtaining the required regulatory approvals and the execution of definitive leasing and maintenance agreements with Thomas Cook Airlines Ltd., the service will commence in November 2010.

More...
R.I.P. Skyservice. Your staff were the best.
Hopefully you will emerge under another name and fly once again!
Competition is what Canada needs. The more airlines the better for all passengers!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by 28isGreat
"Needs to be"?? Really? I don't remember any Kelowna Flightcraft livery on the exterior of the Greyhound planes (that Greyhound wet-leased from KF). http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true confirms that there was no obvious KF livery.

Of course, the rules could have changed since then

(Yes, I really did fly on Greyhound a few times back in the day. I was a starving student, give me a break )
The rules might have changed since then. KF has carried for Purolator since 1993, and the planes had no reference to KF

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../0/1628074.jpg

For the last couple years, they have been adding the KF logo to the tail. Although it's only planes with the new Purolator logo that have added the KF logo.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../4/1636433.jpg
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Airports Authority is suing Skyservice Airlines for $451,491 in unpaid bills from the shuttered vacation charter company.

In an effort to collect on that debt the WAA has seized two of Skyservices Boeing 757 jets that were present at Winnipegs Richardson Airport when the company was placed into receivership late last week.

The money Skyservice owes the WAA is from unpaid landing and terminal fees as well as airport improvement fees that the airlines collected on the airports behalf.

Barry Rempel, the CEO of the WAA, said because an airport cannot refuse to allow airlines to use the facilities, it has the right to seize assets when airlines do not pay their bills.

Winnipeg Free Press
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Airports Authority is suing Skyservice Airlines for $451,491 in unpaid bills from the shuttered vacation charter company.

In an effort to collect on that debt the WAA has seized two of Skyservices Boeing 757 jets that were present at Winnipegs Richardson Airport when the company was placed into receivership late last week.
The money Skyservice owes the WAA is from unpaid landing and terminal fees as well as airport improvement fees that the airlines collected on the airports behalf.

Barry Rempel, the CEO of the WAA, said because an airport cannot refuse to allow airlines to use the facilities, it has the right to seize assets when airlines do not pay their bills.

Winnipeg Free Press
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by airbus320

Winnipeg Free Press
Reminds me of how the C3 downfall started. If these 5G planes were leased and not owned by 5G won't the lessor be responsible for clearing this debt to retreive their planes?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:23 pm

whoops, someone's gotta bail the plane out
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by robsaw
The name of the operating carrier does need to be on the aircraft and must be the most prominent name if other names are on the aircraft HOWEVER exemptions can and have been made on application to the CTA. Skyservice had several such exemptions with the name of their charter clients on the aircraft tail and elsewhere. Jazz will obviously do the same if flying as Thomas Cook or whomever.
"Ground, Jazz123 Thomas Cook colours, requesting push from T3 horseshoe".
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
I think there are enough operations for Jazz to get its own staff at YYZ above wing handling, but elsewhere they will contract out both above and below wing handling.

That said, T3 is getting full with WS expansion, so GTAA might ask Jazz to move operations to T1. Enven then, doubt that AC would do the ground handling unless they outbid contract outfits.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Surprise...Air Canada Jazz, "Operating for Thomas Cook"

http://www.aviation-designs.net/?id=12522

Last edited by YVR72; Jun 13, 2010 at 11:53 am Reason: yes--fake
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by YVR72
Surprise...Air Canada Jazz, "Operating for Thomas Cook"

http://www.aviation-designs.net/?id=12522
Quick check on Transport Canada web site found C-FCLA currently registered as a Piper not a B757. Is this a Photoshop hoax?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:27 pm

great photoshop skills!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...-03-04-10.aspx

Seems it's listed here as a 752, but this site is obviously less "official"
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:17 pm

I don't think that;s photoshoped, but if it is, great job!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K
and I highly doubt the B757s will have Air Canada as part of the livery...just plain Jazz.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
some days I just LOVE FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.