Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking A Driver In Tunis

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Seeking A Driver In Tunis

We will be in Tunisia in early May, and we would like to go on a private day trip from Tunis to El Jem, Kairouan, and Sousse. We need a driver only, and not a guide.

A family member went on the same day trip a few years ago, and paid less than $100. I realize that prices, including gas, have gone way up, but I am getting really high quotes. For example, the Tunis Marriott, where we are staying, is quoting $230 to $260.

Any leads? Thank you.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:13 am

Get onto Facebook and look up "Tunisia Expat Assistance". Their English-speaking owner, Omar, is able to organise vehicle and drivers (or rentals for self-drives). I have many friends who have booked tours through him. He's excellent.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the tip, I'll give it a try.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

I just got a quote from Omar. He said it will be $143 for the day trip. I have been getting quotes from $230 to $300, so I am thrilled that we found him. I also asked him about airport transport. Thanks so much, I have tried to find a driver for months and months.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by pho9187
I just got a quote from Omar. He said it will be $143 for the day trip. I have been getting quotes from $230 to $300, so I am thrilled that we found him. I also asked him about airport transport. Thanks so much, I have tried to find a driver for months and months.

For airport use BOLT, pay in cash
Easy and cheap
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

BOLT? We'll do that. Our day trip driver quoted $25 to the airport, which seemed high. Thank you, bebert.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by pho9187
Great stuff, glad he was able to help, and glad Omar proved cheaper than the other providers!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:58 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by bebert
For airport use BOLT, pay in cash
Easy and cheap
does bolt set a price once you input destination or will driver try to ask for more?

also...I'm trying to create a bolt account but I hit a wall when trying to receive the code sent to the phone number added...as in, I'm not getting anything, thus, not allowing me to continue creating an account. thoughts on how I can get around this?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:48 pm

I used Bolt a dozen of times and they respect the fare
Bolt is slightly higher than taximeter but no surprise
You LL pick it on the parking at the exit of airport
Just buy a SIM card from Orange TN in the main hall
Set up your bolt account locally as soon as you re in a bolt serviced country
Takes 2 min

Will be very useful in all TN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.