Wiki Posts
Search

Airside transit at Tunis

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Airside transit at Tunis

I took advantage of a great fare on RJ TUN-AMM-BKK. I'm working on setting up my positioning flight and need some insight on the air-side transit at the Tunis airport. I will be coming in from Schengen Europe so it's an Intl-Intl transit. I've read that there's no place to get boarding passes in the transit area. Is this still correct? Will I be able to print my RJ boarding pass for my TUN-AMM flight during online check in? I'd prefer to fly in the morning of my outbound flight which would give me a connection time of 2h55m. Inbound flight will be on LH. Seems totally doable if I stay in the transit area but if I gave to exit immigration to get a boarding pass then I'm not sure I have the time.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: QF Gold, FB Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Catbert10
I took advantage of a great fare on RJ TUN-AMM-BKK. I'm working on setting up my positioning flight and need some insight on the air-side transit at the Tunis airport. I will be coming in from Schengen Europe so it's an Intl-Intl transit. I've read that there's no place to get boarding passes in the transit area. Is this still correct? Will I be able to print my RJ boarding pass for my TUN-AMM flight during online check in? I'd prefer to fly in the morning of my outbound flight which would give me a connection time of 2h55m. Inbound flight will be on LH. Seems totally doable if I stay in the transit area but if I gave to exit immigration to get a boarding pass then I'm not sure I have the time.
Wondering what you ended up doing?

Someone in 2020 mentioned of a connection sign where you'd be able to get a new BP: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31897320-post14.html – have you tried that?

Originally Posted by alanw
Once you have deplaned, as you leave the concourse and before taking the stairs going down to immigration, look to the left and you'll see a small doorway up a few stairs with an equally small sign that says "connection" - unless you're looking for it you might not know it was there. They have an expedited security line there, and a small checkin counter that was able to get me a boarding pass. There is no need to go through the rugby scrum at immigration (twice), in fact they won't stamp your passport. They do give you a little receipt that says you went through. Total time was about five minutes and I was right in the departures area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.