Search

Pills and time zones

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Pills and time zones

HELP! I want to confirm food an hour our two before we land AND when 24 hours before that is. Wife and I can't seem to agree on this one, after 43 years of marriage, and 46 year of knowing each other...help. No siding will be necessary.

Trip to JNB on (presented in reverse) on Cathay Pacific

Landing JNB 6:35 AM (Tuesday). Would like to take a malaria pill while still on the plane (business class). Should we expect breakfast sometime at 4:30AM or later on the plane?...2 hrs or less before arrival?

Flight HKG to JNB leaves 11:45 PM (Monday), and is 11 hours

Stay in club for 8 hours (all on Monday).

Flight LAX to HKG leaves at 9:30AM (Sunday) and is 15 hours.

If we can take a pill 2 hrs. or less before we land in JNB, that will put us on schedule (+/-) for the rest of the trip. We also need to take one 24 hrs. before that. Say 5:30 AM on plane HGK-JNB, then take backwards 10 hours since we left HKG. Add to that 8 hours layover in HKG. We then have to go back 6 more hours to get to 24. If the flight LAX to HKG is 15 hours, then we need to take the pill 9 hours after we leave LAX. Leaving LAX at 9:30 AM would put that at 6:30 PM LA time (I will not change my watch until we have take pill one). We can adjust if the plane leaves a bit late.

Sorry if these word problems are a headache inducer. Thank you for your confirmation or correction.

We also have 4 times a day for eye drops between us and 5 pills to coordinate, but we can interpolate from this one calculation those needs.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Set a watch or clock for JNB time.

Take pills accordingly. A few hours one way or the other won't make any real difference.

Have a nice trip.

Doc
Old May 9, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by ranles
Would like to take a malaria pill while still on the plane (business class).
Oh wait! You're in business class? That's makes a HUGE difference. Business class is usually in the front of the plane. Because you're in front of coach class pax, you actually travel ahead of and land EARLIER than the coach class pax. This makes a HUGE difference in travel and arrival times. Please be aware of this disparity. I would not want you to take a pill early!

Sorry. I just had to do it.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I see that the math is not easy here either.

I only mentioned business class, as the timing or existence of breakfast could be different. Everyone knows that it is first class that lands first, just after the pilots.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Oh wait! You're in business class? That's makes a HUGE difference. Business class is usually in the front of the plane. Because you're in front of coach class pax, you actually travel ahead of and land EARLIER than the coach class pax. This makes a HUGE difference in travel and arrival times. Please be aware of this disparity. I would not want you to take a pill early!
Thanks, jsnydcsa
Old May 13, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you, have info from elsewhere.

Safe travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.