Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Avios upgrade

Does anyone how long it takes aer lingus to get back to after they have said you requeste is in? Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Sean1010
Does anyone how long it takes aer lingus to get back to after they have said you request is in? Thanks
It depends. If there was a business class seat available as a Reward Flight on the Avios website for the flight you're trying to upgrade, they should confirm your upgrade immediately.

Otherwise it could be anytime, including up to the day before you fly.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
It depends. If there was a business class seat available as a Reward Flight on the Avios website for the flight you're trying to upgrade, they should confirm your upgrade immediately.

Otherwise it could be anytime, including up to the day before you fly.
thank you for the reply I got another email to say that I’m in the queue do you think that a good thing. Thank
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
thank you for the reply I got another email to say that I’m in the queue do you think that a good thing. Thank
if you're not in the queue, then you can't get an upgrade.

And as I understand it, it's not that you are now on somebody's "To-Do list", and that in the coming hours/days an Aer Lingus employee will finally get to your question and make an instant Yes/No decision on whether you can get the upgrade. Rather, you've been put on the waiting list for upgrades for that flight. If and when upgrades for Avios become available, then those upgrades will go to anyone waiting on the list, processed in turn.

As such, you will not hear anything back until such time as an upgrade seat becomes available, which as said in post#2 could be as late as just before departure. If no upgrades become available, you will probably not hear back at all.

Keep your fingers crossed, and please let us know whether you got the upgrade or not!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade

So today I got the upgrade with my avios it took 5 days
alserire, aaronirsh, gjc31 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:45 am

So today I got the upgrade with my avios it took 5 days
As a data point for future reference: Did the avios reward finder show availability in business at the time you submitted the request?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:24 am

As a data point for my recent upgrade (EI118, IAD-DUB, 19 March): there was no Avios reward (flights) availability in any class, though there were still 5 J seats for sale.

Upgrade was requested on 11 March, cleared less than a day later on 12 March. (Flight was cancelled on the day, however, and I ended up flying coach on UA to get to DUB in time for some meetings, see the other thread: IAD - DUB canceled tomorrow)
alserire and mccartje like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Interesting that there was no Avios availability. Maybe a seat map check is the way to go before booking.

As an aside, has anyone ever booked a fare, tried to use a concierge voucher, failed and then taken a refund voucher?

Any US travel for me now is for pleasure and I don’t want to go in anything bar J 😂
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Interesting that there was no Avios availability. Maybe a seat map check is the way to go before booking.

As an aside, has anyone ever booked a fare, tried to use a concierge voucher, failed and then taken a refund voucher?

Any US travel for me now is for pleasure and I don’t want to go in anything bar J 😂
Are you not entitled to a cash refund within 24 hours for US travel?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:49 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
Are you not entitled to a cash refund within 24 hours for US travel?
Never heard that. Might just be enough time anyway.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
Never heard that. Might just be enough time anyway.
Sorry I should clarify, that I think you can cancel a booking within 24 hours for a cash refund to/from the US. So for an upgrade case it would give you cover for trying to apply concierge upgrades that are immediately confirmable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.