Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Trying to use aerclub avios 2024 edition -Woe's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

OK, why is there next to no EI business class seat available
I searched the whole year for Dub EWR which took a long time as I kept getting the 'too many re directs error"
What a crock of a site, it makes ba.com look like award winning,pardon the pun
I found 1 seat dub jfk and when I clicked on it to pay,it said this seat is no longer available

Will I get charged an offline fee if I ring them ?

I can't transfer avios using combine my avios to BA either as I get an address/derails error even though the addresses and information are the same
Old Jan 27, 2024, 7:45 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Oh young padawan, welcome to the EI ecosystem with all its lumbering tech debt and all that entails, all the while its IAG parent adheres strictly to its penny wise and pound foolish strategy of avoiding any capital spending if it can, but building up that UK/EU-261 accrual in the cave of service failure.

Anyway I'll try to address your concerns one by one:
  1. EI releases 1 to 2 J seats per flight, I believe 330 days out (open to correction on this) and then may drop some more depending on how J is selling. Unsurprisingly you may find that NYC area airports are quite popular O&D ports for both New York and Dublin, attendant to that is people living in these cities tend to have a lot of cash which they spend on J thus further reducing award availability.
  2. Avios.com is a function of IAG acquiring EI and not really wanting/caring to properly integrate it into the Avios ecosystem so you end up with that site the way it is. Some might say that's a feature rather than a bug in the eyes of IAG, make redemptions difficult, you might push people into revenue flights. Anyways, I digress - clear your cookies frequently, use incognito tabs and you'll get it to work.
  3. In order to combine Avios your addresses and details need to be exactly the same. Not just close. Exact. #100 instead of Apt 100 will cause it to fail. Double check that & if you're confident all your details are exactly the same & it still doesn't work, you're going to have to call them.
I'm far from an Aer Lingus apologist on here, but the majority of the issues you're encountering are pushed down from the parent IAG and their puppet Embleton, formerly of your beloved BA.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Earthman
I can't transfer avios using combine my avios to BA either as I get an address/derails error even though the addresses and information are the same
It could be the phone number, it was for me until I corrected it. At BA it was +353 87 123 4567 and on EI it was 087 123 4567, so that caused the mismatch. Once I changed that, it worked seamlessly and continues to do so.

You should not get charged the offline booking fee if you point out you tried to do it online and it did not work.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Yeah well,the only thing for it is to get the avios over to QR via BA then and book jetblue
I've little time for this nonsense

On edge,I've had the too many redirects and there is a problem with your account so we'll log you out so far

I'll microscopically examine my address on all three and see how I get on
RMDrive likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
On edge,I've had the too many redirects and there is a problem with your account so we'll log you out so far

Too many redirects - just clear your web browser cache and cookies, and that will stop that error.

Good luck!
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:44 am
soy

Programs: various
Yeah well,the only thing for it is to get the avios over to QR via BA then and book jetblue
I've little time for this nonsense

You can also search on BA.com
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:08 am

Surprised the closure of the standalone Avios website hasn’t been mentioned more on here.

Direct booking on EI website and hopefully online management of bookings sounds good.

Less good is no online partner redemptions for the foreseeable future, which will require transfer to other Avios schemes (and using the unreliable transfer tool).
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Surprised the closure of the standalone Avios website hasn’t been mentioned more on here.

Maybe because we are all fed up with it and the constant issues. I wont be sad to see it go but lets not celebrate too much until we see what the new system does.
Kgmm77, alserire and mccartje like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Maybe because we are all fed up with it and the constant issues. I wont be sad to see it go but lets not celebrate too much until we see what the new system does.
And also because having had a quick perusal of the main website, I have absolutely no idea how to book a flight with Avios there.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
And also because having had a quick perusal of the main website, I have absolutely no idea how to book a flight with Avios there.
That’ll be because they haven’t launched yet….
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
That’ll be because they haven’t launched yet….
Makes sense, I read your post like they had simulataneously closed the legacy website and launched booking on the main site.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Oh young padawan, welcome to the EI ecosystem with all its lumbering tech debt and all that entails, all the while its IAG parent adheres strictly to its penny wise and pound foolish strategy of avoiding any capital spending if it can, but building up that UK/EU-261 accrual in the cave of service failure.

Anyway I'll try to address your concerns one by one:
  1. EI releases 1 to 2 J seats per flight, I believe 330 days out (open to correction on this) and then may drop some more depending on how J is selling. Unsurprisingly you may find that NYC area airports are quite popular O&D ports for both New York and Dublin, attendant to that is people living in these cities tend to have a lot of cash which they spend on J thus further reducing award availability.
I'm far from an Aer Lingus apologist on here, but the majority of the issues you're encountering are pushed down from the parent IAG and their puppet Embleton, formerly of your beloved BA.
I always saw 2 seats per flight the past few years and now all I see is 1 between PHL and DUB. I booked the 1 seat a few weeks ago hoping that another would open up, but nothing yet. The flight is in 2 months and biz class has every seat open besides mine. This seems pretty crazy for EI to not release any more seats...
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: Qatar privilege club
Hi all,

I'm very confused and need help booking a reward ticket on Aer Lingus.

I am unable to book Aer Lingus reward tickets through Avios website, as the flight search page doesn't seem to exist anymore, and Aer Lingus' website simply sends me back to Avios.
However, I do see people having redeemed Aer Lingus flights as recently as 2 weeks ago, and PointsGeek here mentioning they're able to search the seats even today.

What am I missing? Can someone share the link where I can search?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Devansh
Hi all,

I'm very confused and need help booking a reward ticket on Aer Lingus.

I am unable to book Aer Lingus reward tickets through Avios website, as the flight search page doesn't seem to exist anymore, and Aer Lingus' website simply sends me back to Avios.
However, I do see people having redeemed Aer Lingus flights as recently as 2 weeks ago, and PointsGeek here mentioning they're able to search the seats even today.

What am I missing? Can someone share the link where I can search?
Try the new: https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/sp...reward-flight/

Should direct you to:https://rewards.aerlingus.com
RMDrive and Devansh like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: Qatar privilege club
Thank you for the link... the flights tab wasn't visible at all on the rewards portal for me. No way I could have figured it out by myself.

Much appreciated sven60035 !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.