Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Unable to book EDI - DUB reward ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar privilege club

Hi all,

I'm a first timer in Aer Lingus but a frequent Qatar Airways flyer, so please pardon my ignorance. I'll be traveling from Edinburgh to Dublin in June (have confirmed availability on seats.aero) and the revenue fare for IE non-stop is a whopping GBP 156 per person, while the reward ticket should be 4500 Avios + taxes.

Unfortunately, IE doesn't show up at all on BA's award booking portal. For some reason, the option to book through Avios. com website throws a 404 error.

I'm going around in circles from IE website to Avios site, and haven't even got the reward flight search page yet. I have 2 questions:

1. Is booking the sector even permitted on BA and Avios portals? I know sometime restrictions might exist.

2. Am I using Avios website wrong? I'm logging in With Aerclub credentials, have the required amount of miles, but spend miles simply takes me back to an Aer Lingus webpage where i can spend Avios to offset cash on a revenue ticket.

Can someone share a link to the flight search page on Avios website. I'm accessing from India, but have access to VPN if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:20 am

I can still log in to avios.com via Aerclub and can see availability but didn’t go as far as trying to book which is where the site usually crashes. Are you logging into avios.com or aerlingus?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar privilege club
Hi gjc31 ,

I login to Avios website. Somehow, the search screen doesn't work for me at all - just loads the Avios homepage after I search. Would appreciate if you can share the link of the search page so I can see if works. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Devansh; Mar 26, 2024 at 4:16 am
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Devansh
Would appreciate if you can share the link of the search page so I can see if works. Thanks in advance!
http://rewards.aerlingus.com
Attached Images  
gjc31 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.