Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EIEIK / EIEIL Refurb

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: EI Platinum, BA, AA, EK, AY, QR
Got stuck with EIL on EI106 yesterday. The aircraft that was meant to operate EI107 yesterday had a technical fault so they replaced it ast the last minute with EIL. I can confirm the footrest in really small and it's not private at all. 2-2-2 is an inferior product. I think the IFE screen is better than on regular J on EI transatlantic but the selection was poor. No wifi isn't great but on an overnight it's not the worst thing.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: AerLingus - Silver, United - ex-Silver, Emirates - ex-Silver
Originally Posted by garo
Got stuck with EIL on EI106 yesterday. The aircraft that was meant to operate EI107 yesterday had a technical fault so they replaced it ast the last minute with EIL. I can confirm the footrest in really small and it's not private at all. 2-2-2 is an inferior product. I think the IFE screen is better than on regular J on EI transatlantic but the selection was poor. No wifi isn't great but on an overnight it's not the worst thing.
I was on EIL on my flight to Miami on March 13th, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the footrest was small and could seem cramped with the 2-2-2 config, however I was with my partner next to me in this case so it was fine. The seat itself was very comfortable and all functions on the reclines worked great. I also found the wood paneling to be a nice mid-century design charm. The crew working that flight (Caroline & Patrick) went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Actually, they gave us a bottle of wine to take home as a parting favor. The IFE wasn't amazing, but that is not specific to EIL, its all of Aer Lingus. In summary, I had my hesitations going into it after reading some of the reviews, but was thoroughly pleased with my experience in the end. Will be better when it's retrofitted for sure, but in the meantime, sláinte!
aaronirsh likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:54 am
Original Poster

EIK has now been in refit for six weeks. Any ideas when it may be back into service and EIL heading for refit?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Early April then EIL goes in for refit

GAJ returned last week, EIN is returning tonight
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA

Thank you.

Out of interest, where can this information be found? Is it public information?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:38 pm

Programs: EI Platinum, BA, AA, EK, AY, QR
Originally Posted by NancyDrew
I was on EIL on my flight to Miami on March 13th, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the footrest was small and could seem cramped with the 2-2-2 config, however I was with my partner next to me in this case so it was fine. The seat itself was very comfortable and all functions on the reclines worked great. I also found the wood paneling to be a nice mid-century design charm. The crew working that flight (Caroline & Patrick) went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Actually, they gave us a bottle of wine to take home as a parting favor. The IFE wasn't amazing, but that is not specific to EIL, its all of Aer Lingus. In summary, I had my hesitations going into it after reading some of the reviews, but was thoroughly pleased with my experience in the end. Will be better when it's retrofitted for sure, but in the meantime, sláinte!
I think it's not so bad if you are a couple. Bit poorer if you are a solo traveller with a stranger next to you. You are right in that cabin service was same as and I actually liked the IFE screen - preferred it to the usual Aer Lingus J screen.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:03 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by garo
I think it's not so bad if you are a couple. Bit poorer if you are a solo traveller with a stranger next to you. You are right in that cabin service was same as and I actually liked the IFE screen - preferred it to the usual Aer Lingus J screen.
......and complete disaster if you are in Y, broken IFE in almost half the seats and no wi-fi make for a looooong trip
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA

Just wondering if you had an update on EIK/L?
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EIL is down to fly down to Bordeaux tomorrow Tuesday 16th (DUZ is coming back)

EIK is still in Bordeaux

Last edited by ROKNA; Apr 15, 2024 at 4:58 pm
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:31 pm

Good News

Originally Posted by trustno1
I’ve pulled the trigger on my MCO flights. Outbound in late July. Even though the seat chart shows the QR biz cabin, I’ve gone for 3K, 4HK and 5K. I sincerely hope the refurb is completed. The last time I was on EI-EIK, the seat controls in 2H also controlled 2K. Thank god it was daughter at the window seat🤪. It would have been a very odd situation had it been a stranger.

I was hoping to use my Concierge upgrades for one ticket but EI turned me down. Was told to check 30 days before travel. I didn’t want to take the chance that we could be split up between cabins so I ponied up. Bah humbug.
So they good news for you is that both EIL/EIK will have been fully refitted by the time you fly. EIK is due back from its refit next week and EIL is actually heading off later this morning for its turn.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:32 pm

EIK is due back on 26th.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:57 am
Original Poster

EIL has just departed from Dublin to Bordeaux - so assuming that is for refit.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cloudhopper20
EIK is due back on 26th.
We fly to MCO on 27th so maybe it's first flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.