EIEIK / EIEIL Refurb

Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:52 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I think tomorrow
Old May 2, 2024, 10:46 am

Is EI-EIK parked up at Bordeaux ? Is it finished its refit or has it gone elsewhere on a Wet Lease
Old May 2, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
No sign of a flight on FR24 since it flew to Bordeaux
Old May 2, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by pilotdev
Is EI-EIK parked up at Bordeaux ? Is it finished its refit or has it gone elsewhere on a Wet Lease
I think the chances of it going on a wet lease are about zero
Old May 2, 2024, 1:50 pm

Video of the refurb here
Old May 3, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Just got this as e-mail:

An elevated experience on all journeys to North America Get ready to enjoy an exceptional travel experience when you fly to North America with Aer Lingus!

We're excited to share that we’re nearing the finish line on an ambitious project: a complete cabin refresh for two of our Airbus A330s. This means that every customer will enjoy truly elevated Transatlantic journeys with Aer Lingus.

Here's what awaits you on board every flight:
  1. Stylish Interiors: From the moment you step on board, you'll be greeted by modern and welcoming interiors.
  2. Comfortable Seats: Blankets and pillows will help you settle into your seat, each equipped with its own personal seat-back screen.
  3. Endless Entertainment: Earbud headphones and over 1,000 entertainment options are available at your fingertips, including top new release movies.
  4. In-Seat Power: Convenient charging outlets are available in every seat.
  5. Stay Connected: Wi-Fi options allow you to stay connected as you cross the Atlantic.
  6. Business Class Experience: Our refreshed Business Class cabin with spacious layout offers full lie-flat seats. A comfortable duvet, pillows, amenity kit with luxury VOYA products, and noise-cancelling headphones also await.
Consistency, convenience, and comfort— book your next adventure with us for an unforgettable in-flight experience!

Love, AerClub
Old May 3, 2024, 8:16 am

You've got to love the marketing spin. I suppose "2 of our planes were so .... that we had to compensate anyone who set foot on them, but now they are not" doesn't sound as good
DELLAS, apkeene, alserire and 1 others like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Such a weird email. "You can now get the inflight experience we've published for the last decade when you fly with us!"
DELLAS, mb48 and alserire like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
There are a lot of pissed off flyers who got stuck on EIL/EIK and rightly expected better

So the comms that this is fixed is required, but the song and dance about this is embarrassing
DELLAS, mb48, VG31 and 2 others like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:35 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by ROKNA
There are a lot of pissed off flyers who got stuck on EIL/EIK and rightly expected better

So the comms that this is fixed is required, but the song and dance about this is embarrassing
This sums it up perfectly! When I saw the subject line, I thought maybe they were bringing back the idea of free beer/wine in economy (announced but never introduced and then subtly dropped around the pandemic, if I recall correctly) or other system-wide improvements. Much ado about nothing.
DELLAS, alserire and Teplane like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 10:40 am

Neighbours of mine got EIK and know nothing about aviation but said it was horrible and they would avoid Aer Lingus next time. So when joe public is getting this perception then damage has been done. Aer Lingus need to get the news out to everyone to assure them they will not get that experience again. They should specifically state that in their comms . Im sure there is a way of doing that without loosing face.
alserire likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:20 pm
soy

Programs: various
this is embarrassing - most of what they are talking about ae table-stakes. the fact that they need to brag about this in 2024 says a lot.
Not sure if it was EI or IAG, but the decision to run to EIL/K 'as is' for the past two years was unacceptable and shows the true attitude towards the 'guests'
Teplane likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 9:57 am

I flew on EIK to Orlando in late 2022, this plane is long overdue a cabin overhaul. The IFE system was terrible, it kept freezing. We were told around 30 mins into the flight that if we selected something to watch, to play it through to the end, otherwise the system may freeze. The Cabin Crew were kept busy resetting peoples IFE throughout the flight. The IFE box at foot level really restricts your leg room too. Any idea when it will be back? I'll be on an A330 to Faro at the weekend.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:23 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EIK and EIL are still in Bordeaux, they don't appear to be needed for the current schedule so its probably cheaper to park them there than in Dublin
Old May 13, 2024, 7:01 am

Parking a piece of kit like this in May 2024 sounds batty and has to be another reason IMO. Parking in low season is sometimes necessary, but "parked up" 13th May sounds wrong. Does anybody have an inside view
alserire likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.