Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EIEIK / EIEIL Refurb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, * Gold
Any idea what the refurb scope is, or details on the 'new cabin'? I'm looking at MCO to DUB in early May and see the same 2-2-2 layout showing up - so just trying to balance my expectations!
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Full new business cabin which may be different to the existing offering

The fleet is going through the checks currently, FNH is done, FNG, DAA, DUO are currently in Bordeaux, EIL/EIK are expected to follow shortly
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, * Gold
Interesting, thank you. Be keen to see what this looks like once folks experience it.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:59 am

I’ve been told by what is a normally very reliable source…that Aer Lingus have no plans to refit these planes this year…and with seats maps still showing the old config well into the summer…it’s difficult not to believe them…
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:45 pm

It's possible they'll refit economy and hold off on business until the new seat design is ready to be rolled out next year
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:51 am

It would appear that my info was incorrect and they’ll be done in Feb and March…thankfully!
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:15 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Phew.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:33 pm

Looks like EIK is on duty from MCO tonight. I got an email from AerLingus yesterday to say wifi wouldn’t be available. Must be one of its last trips before its refurb
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:20 am

I really hope the rumours of them being done by May are true. Booked with EI again for Sept and if I end up on one of these awful aircraft again I may scream!
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:07 am

Have to admit taking the seat issues into account the menu says "Ask about our breads " He did and the crew member abruptly replied "white or brown"

Only in Ireland
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
FNG is ready to return from BOD so next aircraft in turn to be sent down this week?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:12 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I’ve pulled the trigger on my MCO flights. Outbound in late July. Even though the seat chart shows the QR biz cabin, I’ve gone for 3K, 4HK and 5K. I sincerely hope the refurb is completed. The last time I was on EI-EIK, the seat controls in 2H also controlled 2K. Thank god it was daughter at the window seat🤪. It would have been a very odd situation had it been a stranger.

I was hoping to use my Concierge upgrades for one ticket but EI turned me down. Was told to check 30 days before travel. I didn’t want to take the chance that we could be split up between cabins so I ponied up. Bah humbug.
andymcdonnell and RMDrive like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:26 am

Are these aircraft getting the current EI business cabin or an updated version?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:28 am

Rumour is it they get a new cabin

The XLR's will have a different cabin to the LR's thats almost certain at this stage
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Rumour is it they get a new cabin

The XLR's will have a different cabin to the LR's thats almost certain at this stage
Interesting, any idea what it might be configured as?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.