Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOI Credit card reward flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
The BoI reward doesn’t necessarily come out of the same fare bucket as Avios awards and is subject to different restrictions. I’ve had flight requests declined where Avios seats were available and flights approved where no Avios seats were available.

My understanding is the seats are individually approved for release by revenue management.
Correct, the BOI flights come from a different fare class altogether when compared to Avios fare buckets.

I believe there are a set number of seats on each flight though and it does not require a release from revenue management.

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
andymcdonnell not sure on that basis what happened in your case? When you said you emailed in, did you use the web form on the Aer Credit Card site? This now has blackout dates and I think non-available flights filtered out for the first time (certainly new since last year), which makes the process a bit easier.
Correct, the web form now has blackout dates and unavailable flights filtered out.

Now of course the airline has people telephoning in saying "the form is not working and I can't submit for the dates I want" because some people don't understand this functionality
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Correct, the BOI flights come from a different fare class altogether when compared to Avios fare buckets.

I believe there are a set number of seats on each flight though and it does not require a release from revenue management.

Correct, the web form now has blackout dates and unavailable flights filtered out.

Now of course the airline has people telephoning in saying "the form is not working and I can't submit for the dates I want" because some people don't understand this functionality
An email explaining that they had updated the form might have helped that, but expecting Aer Lingus to actually communicate anything is perhaps a bit much….
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:18 pm

Has anyone submitted a request for the BOI rewards recently? What are their response times like?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by CX306
Has anyone submitted a request for the BOI rewards recently? What are their response times like?
My last three requests took over a week and all were declined. I hope you have better luck !
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:58 pm

Update: Got a response 4 days after submitting the request.

Flights approved but they made a typo in my name and had the wrong return flight. Fares deducted from my account on the BOI portal but support team unable to fix the details and insisted I submit a new request.

So the process begins again!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:14 pm

Flights approved but they made a typo in my name and had the wrong return flight. Fares deducted from my account on the BOI portal but support team unable to fix the details and insisted I submit a new request.

Do let us know how you get on. I have heard from friends that all their requests for flights get denied. One friend tried three different cities on requests and no joy. It really doesn't seem like there is any point in having the card, if it's impossible to get the flights I might just go back to the free BOI credit card. They should just give card holders the 60,000 Avios points required for the two return flights and allow them to use the Avios booking site. But I doubt they will listen to us disgruntled card holders.
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:54 pm

I had one left, the idea was that I would book it myself since the tier points to contribute to my status and I would give my partner the BOI Card flight free, however by the time Aer Lingus came back now that flight is over 650 euro and only 23 euro tax on BOI. No availability on Avios rewards as well.

This is the itinerary:
1@EI 776 P SAT 11MAY DUBACE KL1 0715 1140
2@EI 779 P WED 15MAY ACEDUB KL1 1940 2345
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:35 am

Update 2: Submitted the request on 28 Mar and just received approval on 1 Apr.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:16 am

Hi, I’m in the same boat. No communication! What e-Mail address are you using to follow up re BOI flights? Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by CozzieCM
Hi, I’m in the same boat. No communication! What e-Mail address are you using to follow up re BOI flights? Thanks!
I just reply to the email you receive after submitting the request with the case number:[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.