Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

How to use AerClub miles posted to Avios.com account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I earned 100K+ Avios thru Chase Aer Lingus cards that were posted to an account Aer Lingus created for me at www.avios.com. Avios.com supposedly lets you book flights with Aer Lingus, BA and Iberia or pay for flights in part or whole with your Avios. I've looked everywhere for info on how to use the avios.com website and have found nothing, including on FT. I am experienced at booking award tickets but finding this experience bizarre. Can find no option to transfer my avios to any of the supported airlines. Is there a guide to using avios.com anywhere??
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

One issue is that these Avios can't be used to book domestic AA flights, like Avios on ba.com can.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:03 pm

Log into your Avios account on avios.ie. Click on Manage my Account, then Combine my Avios.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by scottymon
One issue is that these Avios can't be used to book domestic AA flights, like Avios on ba.com can.
If you have a BAEC account (with the same details as the avios.com one, i.e. name, email etc) then you can transfer your avios for free or set up a BAEC account. You can transfer from avios.com or your BAEC account in either direction. BAEC might be a bit easier to use however.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I'm unable to log in to my account on avios.com. Is this website still functional, or is it just me? When I attempt to log in, it just coughs up this message "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later." It has been doing this for hours.

Is this the level of reliability I should expect with this website and this program? Admittedly, I'm new to avios (not new to redeeming on other systems). The avios programs seem, well, to be honest, overly complicated, somewhat clunky and strange to me. Maybe that's just me or maybe I'll come to love it someday.

Anyone else able to log in to avios.com? (I assume that's where I need to go to investigate Aer Lingus award bookings...no?). Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, BA, Hilton
Never had an issue with avios.com. And working perfectly now.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I'm unable to log in to my account on avios.com. Is this website still functional, or is it just me? When I attempt to log in, it just coughs up this message "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later." It has been doing this for hours.

Is this the level of reliability I should expect with this website and this program? Admittedly, I'm new to avios (not new to redeeming on other systems). The avios programs seem, well, to be honest, overly complicated, somewhat clunky and strange to me. Maybe that's just me or maybe I'll come to love it someday.

Anyone else able to log in to avios.com? (I assume that's where I need to go to investigate Aer Lingus award bookings...no?). Thanks.
There are known issues with some users logging into avios.com using their aerclub credentials. I've never had an issue but plenty of others (including my other half) have, often to do with username and/or password characters etc.

Booking flights on avios.com has always been pretty painless for me but the management subsequently is very annoying having to call EI to manage your booking (seat selection, adding FF number etc).
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, US, Delta, alaska
same problem. I wound up using United miles....
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
I am having similar issues. I have an AL account and a BA account. No way to transfer online. Nor via phone from BA. Not a smooth experience at all.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel
I am having similar issues. I have an AL account and a BA account. No way to transfer online. Nor via phone from BA. Not a smooth experience at all.
Go to your BA Executive Club account; click "Combine My Avios"; Select "Avios partners" from the pull-down menu and enter your EI account details, and then complete the transfer.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 7, 2019 at 8:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.