Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with AerClub

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub, British Airways, Emirates, Ethiad, Miles & More, Quantas
Issues with AerClub

Is anyone else encountering the issues I'm having with AerClub. Early August I was notified that my Platimum membership was to continue, and that my new membership card was on its way.

I've not received the card (50 working days later and counting). I've made 17 phone calls which are now running close to Euro 200 to the 1890 support line, countless emails from AerClub, all of which assure me my card is on its way. Still have not received the card and in the meantime I reached Concierge level, and I'm now having the same issue.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Quite a few others in the same boat New Aer Club Card not received
Though I don't believe anyone has spent EUR200 on phone calls!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Mayoflyer
Is anyone else encountering the issues I'm having with AerClub. Early August I was notified that my Platimum membership was to continue, and that my new membership card was on its way.

I've not received the card (50 working days later and counting). I've made 17 phone calls which are now running close to Euro 200 to the 1890 support line, countless emails from AerClub, all of which assure me my card is on its way. Still have not received the card and in the meantime I reached Concierge level, and I'm now having the same issue.
Had similar problem getting Platinum Card in July 2017. And I had major issues with Tier Points and Avios not being credited earlier this year. Same as yourself. A couple of calls, emails, Facebook messages. Then I wrote to them via snail mail. And cc'd the CEO. Lo and behold I got an email from AerClub and everything was resolved within a week and no issues since. Might be the way to go. Especially if you're Concierge!

I'm slipping back to Silver from Platinum at the end of November. And I hope it doesn't take that long to get the card.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:45 am

Is it possible to show your "virtual" membership card in the Aer lingus app and get through security and into lounges that way, while you wait for the physical card to arrive? I ask because I have just got Silver and I have a flight on Friday, I would be shocked if my card arrives on time!
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kier
Is it possible to show your "virtual" membership card in the Aer lingus app and get through security and into lounges that way, while you wait for the physical card to arrive? I ask because I have just got Silver and I have a flight on Friday, I would be shocked if my card arrives on time!
yes it is possible, ive been doing this for a few months as have not recieved a replacement card
alserire, DELLAS and Kier like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:45 am

I have heard of some issues with digital cards at out stations though. Maybe someone can add their experiences here.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
At Dublin fast track will let you through most of the time, if the boarding card is a desk issued one and it has your status printed on it

That will only work if the flights were booked AFTER the status was upgraded
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I have heard of some issues with digital cards at out stations though. Maybe someone can add their experiences here.
Ill be going through on Friday, ill let people know how I get on.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:07 pm

Went through fast track today with just my aerlingus app showing silver status with no issues at all.

On a side note, what's the story with fast track in CDG? Is it usable?
alserire and DELLAS like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:22 am

Went through fast track today with just my aerlingus app showing silver status with no issues at all.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:24 am

On a side note, what's the story with fast track in CDG? Is it usable?
Presume app will also get you into lounge in DUB?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
Presume app will also get you into lounge in DUB?
Ya, no problem there either.
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:36 am

Ya, no problem there either.
in the CDG lounge now without issue as well.
alserire likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Renewed Platinum status recently, change in Aer Club policy is now to issue membership cards immediately if you reach the required credits to maintain status for the next year avoiding the gap previously awaiting the new card.

18 Oct took flight
22 Oct credits posted
22 Oct email to confirm renewal of status
7 Nov, new card arrives

Can't really fault this
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Renewed Platinum status recently, change in Aer Club policy is now to issue membership cards immediately if you reach the required credits to maintain status for the next year avoiding the gap previously awaiting the new card.

18 Oct took flight
22 Oct credits posted
22 Oct email to confirm renewal of status
7 Nov, new card arrives

Can't really fault this
Hopeit works the same if you're dropping back. I'm going to be Silver next year instead of Platinum unfortunately. So hopefully card will appear shortly after tier renewal date as I have some flights coming up shortly afterward

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.