Aerclub & Supervalu

Old Feb 2, 17, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Aerclub & Supervalu

AerClub Supervalu partnership has been launched.

1:1 Conversion

https://supervalu.ie/rewards
Old Feb 2, 17, 12:15 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Nice

250 avios bonus for first transfer of more than 50 real rewards points

Bank of Ireland credit card earns 1 real reward point per 10 euro, not great but in the absence of a credit card offer from EI its something
Old Feb 2, 17, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
This is brilliant, I just converted all my SuperValu points to Aer Club Avios. I've been waiting for this for ages!

I used this link -

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/use-points/aer-lingus
Old Feb 2, 17, 4:47 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Nice

Bank of Ireland credit card earns 1 real reward point per 10 euro, not great but in the absence of a credit card offer from EI its something
It seems that this is for personal BoI cc's only and not for business ones. For me thats very disappointing and currently my BoI cc with the EI logo on it is not valid for earning Avios.
Old Feb 3, 17, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I put through my Real Rewards yesterday evening and my Avios including bonus posted today. Very no fuss!
Old Feb 3, 17, 2:57 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by MBDublin View Post
It seems that this is for personal BoI cc's only and not for business ones. For me thats very disappointing and currently my BoI cc with the EI logo on it is not valid for earning Avios.
Hopefully an extension of the original topic rather than something completely different but do people who are more in the know than I am think there may be a better CC offering at some stage? Something like Amex and BA? Wishful thinking to an extent but it would be great...

Thanks for the original post Drums, I wouldn't have been aware of this otherwise.
Old Feb 3, 17, 5:46 pm

So to get 5,000 Avios I just need to do all my weekend shopping with Supervalu for 2 years. Not sure that conversion rate makes it worth anyone's while unless you spend all your money with Supervalu anyway.
Old Feb 4, 17, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Ber2dca View Post
So to get 5,000 Avios I just need to do all my weekend shopping with Supervalu for 2 years. Not sure that conversion rate makes it worth anyone's while unless you spend all your money with Supervalu anyway.
Not sure if SV have bonus points like Tesco as I do not shop at SV and have no intention of shopping there unless there was suddenly an offer that bagged a lot of AVIOS etc... Tesco have in the past and sometimes offer around 500-3000 bonus CC points if you buy electrical goods or even specific food items and then that can be a good way to boost points for little spend. The higher amounts usually are for things like household electrical goods so only good if you need to buy or replace them.
Old Feb 7, 17, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Nice

So if you use your BOI card to shop in Supervalu you are really getting double bubble....
Old Feb 7, 17, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, AerClub Platinum, IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador
I transferred 1000 RealRewards points over on Friday night to check it out, they had cleared with the 250 bonus by Saturday afternoon. Tried transferring over another 1000 on Saturday but still no sign of them.
Old Feb 7, 17, 11:48 am

Having transferred from SV to Avios, can you then transfer to BA Exec Club?
Old Feb 7, 17, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
No sign of my transfer yet from last Thursday
Old Feb 8, 17, 12:20 pm

Programs: SMWS
you can also earn SuperValu RR points by using Electric Ireland for electricity and gas. Earn at 1 RR point (Avios) per €3 paid for utilities.

I found that I had signed up for this ages ago - I was in my Supervalu account trying to transfer some points to Avios and saw a transaction for EI. Naturally thought it was Aer Lingus but why did they put 200 points into my account in December? Eventually figured out that it was the other EI.

Register at https://www.electricirelandrewards.ie/
Old Feb 9, 17, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MBDublin View Post
Yup pretty pathetic.
Old Feb 17, 17, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by bounty View Post
you can also earn SuperValu RR points by using Electric Ireland for electricity and gas. Earn at 1 RR point (Avios) per 3 paid for utilities.
Thanks for the reminder I am with EI so at least a way to earn something on my usually high electric bills. I also need to renew the house insurance and see they have a bonus offer so that will be another handy earner without having to shop in a store. A colleague picked up a RR card for me and I have it all registered.

Search this Thread