Aerclub & Supervalu

Old Apr 7, 17, 12:10 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JaketheCat View Post
I have just joined this forum reason being that I wanted to comment on the Avios points scheme. I will not dispute that the news paper sign up points are of value if you already read that paper and the electricity promotion has some value but I advise caution in transferring SuperValu points. You should first select an off peak Aer Lingus flight cost it and then compare it with the cost of the same flight from Avios. You will be shocked at the difference considering that you can cash in the SuperValu points for . Simple example if you consider that the offset for a return flight to Malaga is 17,000 points plus 119 you should begin to understand
Yes that is not a good use of avios but there are many occasions where you can redeem them at a value of up to 0.02 ea but you will need to do this by transferring and redeeming with BA or IB.

There are also many ways of earning Avios in addition to EI and the supervalu partners. The BAEC thread here has many tips and suggestions on both earning and redeeming for maximum value.
Old Apr 7, 17, 12:33 pm

I have just joined this forum reason being that I wanted to comment on the Avios points scheme. I will not dispute that the news paper sign up points are of value if you already read that paper and the electricity promotion has some value but I advise caution in transferring SuperValu points. You should first select an off peak Aer Lingus flight cost it and then compare it with the cost of the same flight from Avios. You will be shocked at the difference considering that you can cash in the SuperValu points for . Simple example if you consider that the offset for a return flight to Malaga is 17,000 points plus 119 you should begin to understand
Hi and welcome. I totally agree. I will be using AerClub purely to collect AVIOS via my normal daily shopping/bills and then moving them over to BA/IB.
Old Apr 9, 17, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
This is brilliant, I just converted all my SuperValu points to Aer Club Avios. I've been waiting for this for ages!

I used this link -

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/use-points/aer-lingus
Why did you do this? It would be better to redeem your points with SuperValu
and add your savings to the cost of your flight or upgrade - just do the exercise and you will see the advantage -No brainier
Old Apr 10, 17, 7:30 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Currently double points when converting from SuperValu to Aer Lingus. So 500 points = 1000 Avios for example. Valid until April 30th.

At this, should get better value in Avios than in SuperValu credit, as long as you don't use them on a silly redemption.

If like me you don't live in ROI or don't have a shop handy, it's a great bonus conversion.
Old Apr 12, 17, 1:56 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by tangey View Post
Currently double points when converting from SuperValu to Aer Lingus. So 500 points = 1000 Avios for example. Valid until April 30th.

At this, should get better value in Avios than in SuperValu credit, as long as you don't use them on a silly redemption.

If like me you don't live in ROI or don't have a shop handy, it's a great bonus conversion.
how do you manage to accrue any SV points in the first place if you don't have a SV nearby ?
Old Apr 13, 17, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers View Post
how do you manage to accrue any SV points in the first place if you don't have a SV nearby ?
Online partners
Old Apr 17, 17, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why did you do this? It would be better to redeem your points with SuperValu
and add your savings to the cost of your flight or upgrade - just do the exercise and you will see the advantage -No brainier
Why?

My Avios will one day go to my British Airways Executive Club account where I can use them on really valuable things such as flight upgrades with British Airways or domestic flights within Australia on Qantas using Avios redemptions...

That is where the real value is for me. I have no use for Real Rewards points other than to convert them to Avios.
Old Apr 17, 17, 6:16 am

Anyone find any real bargains for cheap products to get the 500 avios bonus on real rewards eshops?
Old Apr 18, 17, 1:29 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Originally Posted by Tom_IE View Post
Anyone find any real bargains for cheap products to get the 500 avios bonus on real rewards eshops?
Kobo or itunes - you only have to spend 1 - chances of points posting in time to be able to double them are slim now though!
Old Apr 20, 17, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Does anyone else find that Kobo keeps redirecting to the GB rather than IE site?

Does it matter? Has anyone had a Kobo purchase track yet?
Old Apr 20, 17, 10:59 am

Never mind, it completes through the Irish site when you go to checkout. 7 transactions in now - fingers crossed!
Old Apr 21, 17, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw View Post
Never mind, it completes through the Irish site when you go to checkout. 7 transactions in now - fingers crossed!
Note that the standard rate for Kobo is 2 points per €. Although it doesn't mention a minimum spend, it's possible that .99c purchases might not track.
Old Apr 21, 17, 11:19 am

Update:

5 out of 7 Kobo purchases tracked and are showing the 250 bonus as 'pending'.

The 2 that didn't track were the ones where I was lazy and didn't change the country to Ireland after clicking through the affiliate link from eStore. It seems being logged in to an Irish account isn't enough even if you get billed in Euros.

2 of the purchases that tracked were for 0.49 and are showing 1 point plus 250 bonus.

Also, it appears the 250 bonus points offer has now been extended until 25th April so should be able to get some good mileage out of this.
Old Apr 22, 17, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw View Post
2 of the purchases that tracked were for 0.49 and are showing 1 point plus 250 bonus.
Thanks for the info on this. I made a couple of Kobo purchases yesterday which have appeared as pending, but there's no indication of the 250 point bonus. When did the bonus appear for you?
Old Apr 22, 17, 9:07 am

My first round of purchases were in the afternoon of the 20th. The base points had tracked when I checked at breakfast time on the 21st. The bonus points had appeared when I checked again late afternoon 21st.

Made another few purchases in the evening of the 21st and none of them have tracked yet

Search this Thread
Search Engine: