Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerclub & Supervalu

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Ah supervalu, I had 3 accounts registered to my house, and I don't even live in ROI

The crappy IT and poorly thought out promos were gamed easily enough and worked favourably for an avios collector.

They had many 250/500 bonus points per purchase in the early days on their estore, and didn't consider you could purchase 3p digital downloads on a foreign ebay-esk website called bonanza, or 30c for some random coins on an asian auction site called joybuy, or buy an ebook for 99p etc, getting the bonus each time. Or indeed simply signing up to fiverr without making a purchase triggered the bonus. armed with a VPN, I ended up with 'many' fiverr accounts. They had a whole host of estore partners that I've never seen elsewhere, including really random never heard of before asian stores.

They did eventually learn, and excluded some vendors from bonuses, and limited most others to 6 or so transactions.

However with the above and dialing in early x2 and x3 transfer bonuses, and recurring 50% transfer bonuses which turned out to be 125% bonuses, over the 3 years or so when the going was good, I managed to get around 250K avios for about £100 cash outlay.

And as they allowed you to combine points from multiple supervalu accounts into one account, you could effectively transfer earnings from multiple accounts to one avios account.

So long supervalu, I'll remember you fondly.
Ha, that's impressive system gaming! No wonder they are shutting it down
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mccartje
Ha, that's impressive system gaming! No wonder they are shutting it down
Once they tighten up the exclusions it became fundamentally non-gamable. They also reduced the per purchase bonuses promos to 100 points, and then stopped doing them altogether a while back, so I haven't really looked at it since then.

I edited my previous post whilst you were replying to make it read a bit easier.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by tangey
However with the above and dialing in early x2 and x3 transfer bonuses, and recurring 50% transfer bonuses which turned out to be 125% bonuses, over the 3 years or so when the going was good, I managed to get around 250K avios for about £100 cash outlay.
That's impressive, well done!

I wish I'd put that much thought into my earning
Old May 8, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Avios, Virgin Atlantic Flyers Club
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Would be great if the switched to Dunnes or Tesco. I have currently got around 45K via Sainsburys but thats only of use if you are in
NI or border areas .
Tesco would be good, but I'm guessing that as IAG and Tesco ended their partnership in the UK under the just recently, I doubt they'll want to open a new one in Ireland. I hope we get something, though. Real Rewards was my main net with scooping up Avios - between Ebay, SuperValu and Electric Ireland, that covered a big chunk of my everyday spend. It wouldn't be so bad if the credit card market in Ireland wasn't so craptastic. I've got a UK Amex-Avios and Nectar accounts from when I was living in the UK but not being near the border they're just useless bits of plastic.

Is there any way of applying for a euro amex card from Spain or Germany from an Ireland address? Feels like the euro single market in services doesn't work as well as it should when so much stuff is still geofenced
fartoomanyusers likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.