Wiki Posts
Search

Should Aegean switch brands?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Full of hot air
This is a very good, and detailed, effort by you irishguy. I do find the colours to be a bit too 'light', giving it a bit too much of a holiday airlines (charter) feel. Also, go for the headscarf in the uniform? It looks more like something that one would see on a middle eastern carrier (and rather uncomfortable for staff).
If you really like it, then you should contact the Egyptian guy responsible.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, A3 Miles and Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you really like it, then you should contact the Egyptian guy responsible.
Apologies, but there was a typo in my response. I meant to write “why the headscarf?” as it looks awful.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Full of hot air

Apologies, but there was a typo in my response. I meant to write “why the headscarf?” as it looks awful.
Dont worry you will never see this on a Greek carrier ! Anyway the above looks like a school kids project Im sure there are plenty around on the net . Fantasy liveries etc...
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
That could work!

What I was getting at, is that Aegean would be rebranded Olympic and vice versa.

I like the Aegean brand (although the logo is a bit 1990's!), but I think the Olympic brand is more powerful, especially for those who remember the glory days of Greek Aviation. Also the IATA designator code (OA) is much more logical than A3.
Who cares about the Aegean logo! They have great service and food and I personally LIKE flying with Aegean (and now have booked 2 additional sectors to maintain A3*G status). The logos of IBM and Apple could be viewed by some as dated too - and SO WHAT!

I like the comments in #7 too.

Last edited by tmac100; Aug 11, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
In Olympic's waning days, they literally killed a doctor by refusing to reseat him and allowing people to smoke like chimneys around him. Not exactly the great pinnacle of Greek aviation.

Anyway, Aegean is a strong brand now and very well known in their core markets. In fact, you can say that their interesting FF program has also enhanced their reputation in places they wouldn't otherwise be known. Further, much of the Greek tourism economy comes from travel to...the Aegean, so people kinda know where they're going.

I like the paint and logo as is. As semi-Euro White schemes go, it is one of the best executed ones.
lhrpete, tmac100, Arrivals and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.