Wiki Posts
Search

A3's new "Hold My Booking" service

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
A3's new "Hold My Booking" service

Aegean gives now the option to hold a booking for up to 48 hours for domestic flights or 72 hours for international. Of course there is a charge: €3 for domestic and €6 for international. No discounts for A3*G unfortunately. "Hold my booking" is available for up to 5 days before departure for domestic and 10 days for international. More info here.

Last edited by MrArkadin; May 28, 2018 at 9:07 am
Old May 28, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Good news, mostly for A3 that will make more money, but okay for us, too. Of course there will be a charge and no discounts, again, this is for them, not for you.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
The holding fee is per passenger per segment. So not really 3 or 6 euro
Old May 29, 2018, 2:35 am

It is a good system to have and like other airlines works for a lot of people while they arrange other components of their travel plans.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by DELLAS
It is a good system to have and like other airlines works for a lot of people while they arrange other components of their travel plans.
It's nice, but I think TK offers this service for free for a week (the exception though).
Old May 30, 2018, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
It's nice, but I think TK offers this service for free for a week (the exception though).
Indeed but for many of their markets they are still operating under old style traditions where their demographic of passenger still goes into a office to pay for a ticket rather then use their credit card via website. A3 does not have the same type of passenger or indeed same markets as TK. Also be aware that TK does not guarantee the price when you hold it. If they amend their fares in the meantime then you are liable to the increase.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The only airline still offering a free hold of the fare/ticket is AA, 1-2 days for paid and 5 days for awards (for flights more than a week away).
Old May 30, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
BA offers a version where if you actually go ahead with the purchase the 'hold' fee gets refunded and you pay the price of the ticket without the fee. For us it's a better system, as you only pay for the hold if you don't proceed with the booking. I guess Aegean decided to go for the maximum profit model, like a few other changes that spring to mind!
Arrivals likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Also be aware that TK does not guarantee the price when you hold it. If they amend their fares in the meantime then you are liable to the increase.
That makes the service quite useless! Yes, you may be able to hold a reservation in a specific fare bucket...but if that promo fare increases in price, you are out of luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.