FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   A3's new "Hold My Booking" service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1911461-a3s-new-hold-my-booking-service.html)

MrArkadin May 28, 2018 5:14 am

A3's new "Hold My Booking" service

Aegean gives now the option to hold a booking for up to 48 hours for domestic flights or 72 hours for international. Of course there is a charge: €3 for domestic and €6 for international. No discounts for A3*G unfortunately. "Hold my booking" is available for up to 5 days before departure for domestic and 10 days for international. More info here.

nk15 May 28, 2018 9:06 am

Good news, mostly for A3 that will make more money, but okay for us, too. Of course there will be a charge and no discounts, again, this is for them, not for you.

Houminer May 28, 2018 9:32 am

The holding fee is per passenger per segment. So not really 3 or 6 euro

DELLAS May 29, 2018 2:35 am

It is a good system to have and like other airlines works for a lot of people while they arrange other components of their travel plans.

ErnstH May 30, 2018 1:12 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 29804185)
It is a good system to have and like other airlines works for a lot of people while they arrange other components of their travel plans.

It's nice, but I think TK offers this service for free for a week (the exception though).

DELLAS May 30, 2018 2:40 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH (Post 29808040)
It's nice, but I think TK offers this service for free for a week (the exception though).

Indeed but for many of their markets they are still operating under old style traditions where their demographic of passenger still goes into a office to pay for a ticket rather then use their credit card via website. A3 does not have the same type of passenger or indeed same markets as TK. Also be aware that TK does not guarantee the price when you hold it. If they amend their fares in the meantime then you are liable to the increase.

nk15 May 30, 2018 8:49 am

The only airline still offering a free hold of the fare/ticket is AA, 1-2 days for paid and 5 days for awards (for flights more than a week away).

headingwest May 30, 2018 11:52 am

BA offers a version where if you actually go ahead with the purchase the 'hold' fee gets refunded and you pay the price of the ticket without the fee. For us it's a better system, as you only pay for the hold if you don't proceed with the booking. I guess Aegean decided to go for the maximum profit model, like a few other changes that spring to mind!

Xandrios May 31, 2018 9:21 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 29808181)
Also be aware that TK does not guarantee the price when you hold it. If they amend their fares in the meantime then you are liable to the increase.

That makes the service quite useless! Yes, you may be able to hold a reservation in a specific fare bucket...but if that promo fare increases in price, you are out of luck!