Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
I have a Air New Zealand "J" Ticket (NZ stock) operated by Fiji Airways. Can one earn A3 miles? I don't see any flight number exclusions on there website. Does that mean i'd get the miles credited percentage as listed?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:16 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In Star Alliance it is the metal that counts. So no, no miles earned.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Has anyone ever tried crediting LH Express Rail to Miles and Bonus?
One of my upcoming trips includes Express Rail (booked in Y) and it would be amazing if that translated into extra miles.
I've read somewhere that someone got Express Rail credited to UAMP so I was wondering if it would also work for us ;-)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:14 pm

I've set my Aegean account on a Turkish Airlines flight and they still credited the Miles to my Miles & Smiles account.. I've sent a feedback form asking them to fix the problem, but would you reckon I have more chances of them crediting to Aegean if I call directly?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:57 pm

No; as long as these miles are credited to M&S, M+B will say they can't do anything (which is actually true). If M&S would delete them from your account with them, you'd have a really good chance to get them into your M+B account.

Last edited by KLouis; Jun 26, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
I have a Air New Zealand "J" Ticket (NZ stock) operated by Fiji Airways. Can one earn A3 miles? I don't see any flight number exclusions on there website. Does that mean i'd get the miles credited percentage as listed?
Unlikely you'd earn anything. Fiji Airways is Oneworld, not Star Alliance. With Star Alliance, the general rule is that the operating carrier counts, not the marketing carrier. There are exceptions, usually under capacity purchase agreements, but Fiji Airways doesn't seem to be such a case.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Has anyone ever tried crediting LH Express Rail to Miles and Bonus?
One of my upcoming trips includes Express Rail (booked in Y) and it would be amazing if that translated into extra miles.
I've read somewhere that someone got Express Rail credited to UAMP so I was wondering if it would also work for us ;-)
It used to work (3 or 4 years ago) with some issues. Some people used to buy cheapish rail tickets to earn extra miles required for requalification without actually needing to travel. This is one thread, but there are others if you search - not specifically referred to as Express Rail - search for "Lufthansa Train"

LH Train - [need 18k miles]
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
No; as long as these miles are credited to M&S, M+B will say they can't do anything (which is actually true). If M&S would delete them from your account with them, you'd have a really good chance to get them into your M+B account.
So frustrating.. They've done the same thing on both ways of the flight.. I've specifically added and double checked that the M+B id was added at purchase time and after that.. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only did an offline check-in
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
It used to work (3 or 4 years ago) with some issues. Some people used to buy cheapish rail tickets to earn extra miles required for requalification without actually needing to travel. This is one thread, but there are others if you search - not specifically referred to as Express Rail - search for "Lufthansa Train"

LH Train - [need 18k miles]
Thanks!
Wasn't able to find that one. Since I'll be on MHJ-FRA seems like back then the odds of getting it credited were slim.
I'll wait and see. Worst case the miles will be credited to M&M. Added the segments since they made the flight considerably cheaper and not for the miles anyways.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:46 am

For the four segments for Gold requalification, does ANY class of ticket count?

Or are things like GoLight flights excluded, etc?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by peteremcc
For the four segments for Gold requalification, does ANY class of ticket count?

Or are things like GoLight flights excluded, etc?
The four segments must be on A3 or OA metal, and on revenue fares. As a rule of thumb, if a segment earns even a single mile on M&B, it counts as one of the four, whether GoLight, Flex, or Biz.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:57 am

Hello,

Pardon my ignorance but I am confused.

I have an account that was empty and flew and have earnt 34,332 miles from flying on Lufthansa/Swiss in J and F.

I am now silver.

I have not flown any Aegean flights. My last flight was in April 2019.

If I want to get Gold do I now need 6 flights? or 4 Flights?

When I get Gold does it go from April or when the flight that takes me over the threshold?

Thank You
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

To get Gold you need to get either 4 Aegean flights and 24000 miles OR 48 000 miles.
So you earn 34 332 miles meaning 10 332 carried over to your qualification to Gold. So between April 2019 and April 2020 you need to get either 13 668 miles and 4 Aegean flights OR 37 668 miles.
Your Gold start when you earn it (qualifying flight or when you pass the mile threshold) and is valid for a year.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:16 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fransknorge
To get Gold you need to get either 4 Aegean flights and 24000 miles OR 48 000 miles.
So you earn 34 332 miles meaning 10 332 carried over to your qualification to Gold. So between April 2019 and April 2020 you need to get either 13 668 miles and 4 Aegean flights OR 37 668 miles.
Your Gold start when you earn it (qualifying flight or when you pass the mile threshold) and is valid for a year.
Thank You but can I not fly 2 flights now and then get 26332 towards Gold (as Silver is 8,000 plus 2 flights) so another 4 flights then I am Gold (so 6 flights in total)? Or is to late and I should have flown 2 flights before earning all this?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:38 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Silver is not 8000 miles + 2 flights, it is 16000 miles + 2 flights OR 24 000 miles.
I do not understand the remaining part of your post. Could you please clarify ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.