Wiki Posts
Search

SkyGreece

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Where would to like to be upgraded to on Sky Greece? To the cockpit?
LOL
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I am pretty sure that I read one of their aircraft is actually (wet?) leased and includes a 'real' business cabin. Not sure if the seats are lie-flat, but much better than economy for sure.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I am pretty sure that I read one of their aircraft is actually (wet?) leased and includes a 'real' business cabin. Not sure if the seats are lie-flat, but much better than economy for sure.
Yes they are the old LOT Polish Airlines angled flat seats. Quite comfortable considering its only marketed as Premium and the price reflects it.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Where would to like to be upgraded to on Sky Greece? To the cockpit?
Wherever the other hot people sit. :-)
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Big HOOPLA at Pearson.Plane cancelled over and over again.

http://www.680news.com/2015/08/19/vi...ed-for-3-days/

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 19, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:14 am
Original Poster

I guess this kind of thing is to be expected with such a small fleet. One would hope that passengers would be rebooked onto other airlines, but it seems that SkyGreece is not willing to do so. Even though I believe that they could do so at cost (transfer the original flight coupon to the new operating airline(s)).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess this kind of thing is to be expected with such a small fleet. One would hope that passengers would be rebooked onto other airlines, but it seems that SkyGreece is not willing to do so. Even though I believe that they could do so at cost (transfer the original flight coupon to the new operating airline(s)).
Its going to be a challenge especially since they are not in any alliance and only have 1 plane. Wow, why put themselves in such a conundrum. But they sure are getting alot of media coverage in Canada.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:12 am

They really should have rebooked their passengers. Of course, that may drive SkyGreece bancrupt. But so does the bad press.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by sokolov
They really should have rebooked their passengers. Of course, that may drive SkyGreece bancrupt. But so does the bad press.
This is Canada, though. Airline strands people for a week with no compensation? TERRIBLE! I'll never fly them! Never in a million years!

But next time when it's $15 cheaper than AC.... we'll book it.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Aug 21, 2015 at 12:11 pm Reason: No edit, just wanted to clarify I grew up in Canada.... I've seen this far too many times.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
^
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

What to do if you're affected by the SkyGreece shutdown (Canadian perspective):

http://www.cp24.com/news/what-to-do-...down-1.2537832

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 29, 2015 at 1:57 am Reason: Fix link
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
What to do if you're affected by the SkyGreece shutdown (Canadian perspective):

http://www.cp24.com/news/what-to-do-...down-1.2537832
Only one thing I can think of: here!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Wow, sad news. Seems the aircraft is going to be chained in Canada to make sure people are compensated as well.

Not sure if it is totally fair to blame these problems on the Greek economic crisis - it seems their barbaric handling of flight operations and irrops was one of the main factors in people avoiding them.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, sad news. Seems the aircraft is going to be chained in Canada to make sure people are compensated as well.

Not sure if it is totally fair to blame these problems on the Greek economic crisis - it seems their barbaric handling of flight operations and irrops was one of the main factors in people avoiding them.
They took a risk with 2 planes and they found the Greek economy asa a scapegoat. Not good.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:54 am

The capital controls certainly did not help thats for sure. Staring up in the midst of the crisis was tough for them. A3 had plenty of money stored abroad and of course was in a much stronger position to weather the storm. It was going to be tough anyway. They got further than I thought they would and its sad they didnt manage to keep it going. Its no surprise but sad all the same. I loved their livery but when they brought in any aircraft they could get they lost the battle and their brand identity. Sadly they will go into the category along with HIA !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.