Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyGreece

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:33 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
travellbuzz, welcome to FT, and I'm sorry it's a poor airline experience that's brought you here.

Whilst this an Aegean Airlines forum, obviously potential services from other Greek carriers are occasionally raised here. SkyGreece, because they offered a potential North American network, were seen by some as a potential partner for Aegean.

As others have mentioned, operating a extremely small fleet does lead to challenges when aircraft go tech (as they are prone to do), and it sounds like this is what's happened in your case. On the basis that SkyGreece is a registered EU carrier, you would be covered under EC261, so anything you've had to pay out (assuming you've acted reasonably) would be legally recoverable if you chose to take that course.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travellbuzz
Would highly recommend avoiding SkyGreece.

Delays and cancellations. Leaving you stranded without a flight home.
They offer you a full refund on flights that they cancel, then ignore you and avoid all communication with you when you request for the refund.

Then, expect to pay another airline to get you home.

Negative feedback and questions on Facebook are regularily deleted by SkyGreece.
They cannot seem to delete the negative Reviews however. (Possibly a Facebook restriction?) Check the reviews there to see many travellers stranded without any refund and experiencing terrible customer service.
Save yourself from a ruined, very expensive vacation.
Interesting first post.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/skygre...t-flights-may/
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Interesting first post.
Still, probably legit. Check out the reviews on their own facebook page.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackball
Still, probably legit. Check out the reviews on their own facebook page.
Yes like NWIFlyer, posted above, the airline is starting with not too many planes so you have to give them a chance.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:28 pm

Sadly GW started in the midst of a major crisis in Greece over the last weeks. It really could not have come at a worse time. I can understand how those caught up in the cancellations and then the tech issues with the B776 would be annoyed. Seems their customer care teams were overwhelmed which lead to negative feedback and experiences.

On the flip side I know people who flew them last week and had a great experience and said how lovely the crew were and found it quite comfortable. Lets hope they now get back to normal. I dont believe there has ever been a start up carrier who in the same time period were faced with such issues due to events outside its control.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:38 am

Over the last 15 years or so, I witnessed many new airlines in Greece and only one of them really made it, A3. For some of those it was immediately clear that they would close, for example when seeing how they would spell their name on promotional material: Southistern European Airlines; some others were swallowed by A3 (Cronus, Air Greece); some others were closed by the Greek FAA only to reappear with a different name a few weeks later (e.g. Venus); there were several more examples of miscellaneous reasons why they closed, one could write a book.

With only one plane in their fleet, even without the present crisis, they were routed towards some major problems.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up

I hate saying this but A3 should gobble this new airline up. This was we in N. America have an excuse to fly A3 to Europe. That will be amazing.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Over the last 15 years or so, I witnessed many new airlines in Greece and only one of them really made it, A3. For some of those it was immediately clear that they would close, for example when seeing how they would spell their name on promotional material: Southistern European Airlines; some others were swallowed by A3 (Cronus, Air Greece); some others were closed by the Greek FAA only to reappear with a different name a few weeks later (e.g. Venus); there were several more examples of miscellaneous reasons why they closed, one could write a book.

With only one plane in their fleet, even without the present crisis, they were routed towards some major problems.
The worst was HIA and their ex LH B742 to LGW and BHX. I mean what were they smoking !

On another note I have more faith in Ellinair. They really are proving to be a quite professional operation. They just got their new airbus too and looks nice in the livery.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:07 pm

I hate saying this but A3 should gobble this new airline up. This was we in N. America have an excuse to fly A3 to Europe. That will be amazing.
Yes! I don't see that as a likely outcome in the near future, though.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
why would that be good? for the complimentary upgrades?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:59 am

Please, let's not start this discussion again! We did have several people arguing on the pros and cons of A3 initiating long-haul flights (including TATL), so if there is real need to publicize our own needs/wishes (which I personally doubt), let's continue in that thread.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Complimentary upgrades happen when Y is oversold and there are Status passengers in the back who can be upgraded to resolve the oversold situation. So this is inevitable.
I would like to see A3 in N. America so that I don't have to fly with AC to get to Europe, and flying A3 metal to re-qualify for my A3 status.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Complimentary upgrades happen when Y is oversold and there are Status passengers in the back who can be upgraded to resolve the oversold situation. So this is inevitable.
I would like to see A3 in N. America so that I don't have to fly with AC to get to Europe, and flying A3 metal to re-qualify for my A3 status.
I meant it would be good to use the A3 upgrade coupons on a long flight rather than short flights within europe....
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
I meant it would be good to use the A3 upgrade coupons on a long flight rather than short flights within europe....
Where would to like to be upgraded to on Sky Greece? To the cockpit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.