Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

New: earn points for restaurant expenses without hotel night stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New: earn points for restaurant expenses without hotel night stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs up New: earn points for restaurant expenses without hotel night stay

Great news !
A long awaited benefit : it will possible now to earn reward (not status) LCAH points for F&B expenses in some Accorhotels restaurants in France, without actually staying at the hotel.
https://secure.accorhotels.com/leclu...index.fr.shtml

At the moment it seems to be limited to some restaurants in France :
- Pullman Paris centre Bercy
- Sofitel Paris le Faubourg
- Sofitel Paris Arc de triomphe
- Mercure Paris centre Tour Eiffel
- Novotel paris La Défense
- Ibis Nanterre La Défense
- Novotel Massy Palaiseau
- Mercure Massy Gare TGV
- Pullman Roissy CDG airport
- Pullman Toulouse centre
- Sofitel Marseille vieux port

1 EUR spent (before taxes) = 1 LCAH reward point

Of couse, it may be disappointing that it is only in a few hotels in France, but let' see this on the positive side : it may just be the beginning and we can hope that this will be extended to more hotels and more countries. I can already see some fights between people eating together : who will win giving his/her LCAH card when paying the bill

T&C mentions some points to consider :
- it says that this offer is temporary and valid until 31/12/2018 but can be reconducted automatically for 1-year periods
- eligible expenses : breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, drinks
- max 5 invoices/day/member in eligible restaurants
- something "weird": "lorsque la dépense dans un Restaurant Participant suit ou précède une réservation de nuitée au sein de l’hôtel du Restaurant Participant, le montant de cette dépense ne pourra être compté dans les dépenses éligibles du séjour." It can be translated into "when expenses in a participating restaurant is just before or after a night booking in the same hotel, this expense will not be counted in the eligible expenses of the stay". Not sure how to interpret that. Does that mean that the expenses made in the restaurant before checking-in or after check-out will not be eligible for status+reward points (case of F&B expenses during a stay) but will be eligible for reward points as per this new benefit/offer ?

Enjoy your meals while earning points
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:35 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
This is fantastic news. I know that Golden Circle have something like this for their program, and I am very happy to see this (slowly) being introduced to Accor.

Of interest to me in Google Translating the terms and conditions:
Spoiler

So this can't be used as a way to extend Rewards Points expiry, with the one-night stay requirement remaining.

I'm also assuming that multipliers from status will also not apply.

Thanks for the post, Goldorak, and I look forward to seeing this rolled out across the program in the future!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I know if it’s little bit different...but since some years I earn points if have “day use” (during holidays) eating for lunch or dinner at any Accor Hotel, even if i’m Not guest ...

just fill the form as the request for missing points, with the invoice, and normally have after some days ...
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77
I know if it’s little bit different...but since some years I earn points if have “day use” (during holidays) eating for lunch or dinner at any Accor Hotel, even if i’m Not guest ...
just fill the form as the request for missing points, with the invoice, and normally have after some days ...
Not sure I understand correctly what you mean by "day use". Did you have a room for day use (as they have in some airport hotels for instance), or do you simply mean eating at the restaurant of the hotel without any room booked (day use or classic night use) ? If the former, then it's normal that you earned points for the room + F&B consumed during the stay. If the latter, then you can be happy as you shouldn't have earned points as per the T&C of the program.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not sure I understand correctly what you mean by "day use". Did you have a room for day use (as they have in some airport hotels for instance), or do you simply mean eating at the restaurant of the hotel without any room booked (day use or classic night use) ? If the former, then it's normal that you earned points for the room + F&B consumed during the stay. If the latter, then you can be happy as you shouldn't have earned points as per the T&C of the program.
no room. For “day use” I mean to enter in the hotel to use amenities and services such us beach, sun beds, restaurant, gym, the same as I am guest

some hotels apply a fee for use services and you pay also (of course) what you eat / drink. Some other hotels (perhaps because i’m Platinum) just let use services and you pay restaurant / bar bills.

Always have had reward points sending the invoice to customer service
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I have yet to have any points credited for meals (breakfast, dinner) taken DURING my stay when I'm on a prepaid rate, I don't even bother doing a retro claim. I can't imagine how they would handle points credit with no stay involved...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
https://secure.accorhotels.com/leclu...index.en.shtml

this is the english page, with the conditions stating member required to save a card before June2018, and register the offer via email sent to member? :

To take advantage of the Offer, the Member must meet all the following criteria without exception:
- Be a Member of the Le Club AccorHotels programme and have agreed to the programme’s General Conditions of Use.
- Have gone to the “My Profile” tab in the Le Club AccorHotels online account and saved a valid Visa® card to the “My payment cards” section before 15th June 2018 at 00:01 CET.
- Have registered for the Offer, according to the procedure described in article 3.2.

3.2. Registration procedure

Subject to the conditions listed in article 3.1 being met, registering for the Offer can only be done online, via the email launching the Offer. The aforementioned email contains a link to the Offer registration page. From that page, the Member must accept the Offer’s General Conditions of Use and click on “I confirm my registration”.

Registering for the Offer is free.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by RafKa
I have yet to have any points credited for meals (breakfast, dinner) taken DURING my stay when I'm on a prepaid rate, I don't even bother doing a retro claim. I can't imagine how they would handle points credit with no stay involved...
If your stay is booked on an eligible rate and through an eligible channel there is absolutely no reason for you not to get credit for revenue generated through your meals. It's actually posted at the same time as the points linked to revenue generated by rooms. If you feel you don't then you should indeed request a retro claim.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:35 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Assuming that you are booking through eligible channels, your points from the prepaid accommodation and additional eligible expenses should be posted together in one total after you check-out. Minus taxes, of course. If you're only getting credited for accommodation, you should be requesting your points through retro claims.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
https://secure.accorhotels.com/leclu...index.en.shtml

this is the english page, with the conditions stating member required to save a card before June2018, and register the offer via email sent to member? :

To take advantage of the Offer, the Member must meet all the following criteria without exception:
- Be a Member of the Le Club AccorHotels programme and have agreed to the programme’s General Conditions of Use.
- Have gone to the “My Profile” tab in the Le Club AccorHotels online account and saved a valid Visa® card to the “My payment cards” section before 15th June 2018 at 00:01 CET.
- Have registered for the Offer, according to the procedure described in article 3.2.

Subject to the conditions listed in article 3.1 being met, registering for the Offer can only be done online, via the email launching the Offer. The aforementioned email contains a link to the Offer registration page. From that page, the Member must accept the Offer’s General Conditions of Use and click on “I confirm my registration”.

Registering for the Offer is free.
This is obviously a mistake in the English version of the T&C because this text doesn’t make any sense and refers to a past date.

The French version seems correct :
3.1. Conditions d’adhésion
Pour bénéficier de l’Offre, l’Adhérent doit remplir les critères cumulatifs suivants :
- être membre LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS et avoir accepté les conditions générales d’utilisation du programme LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS ;
- avoir adhéré à l’Offre, conformément aux modalités décrites à l’article 3.2.

3.2. Modalités d’adhésion
Sous réserve du respect des conditions mentionnées à l’article 3.1, l’adhésion à l’Offre se fait uniquement sur place. L’Adhérent doit (i) compléter le formulaire qui lui sera transmis moment du règlement de son addition dans le Restaurant Participant en renseignant son numéro d’identification LE CLUB ACCHORHOTELS et le montant de l’addition ou vérifier les informations pré-complétées sur le formulaire le cas échéant, puis (ii) signer ce formulaire dûment complété.
L'adhésion à l’Offre est gratuite
Google trad translation in English :

3.1. Membership conditions
To benefit from the Offer, the Member must fulfill the following criteria:
- be a member of le Club ACCORHOTELS and have accepted the general conditions of use of le Club ACCORHOTELS program;
- to have adhered to the Offer, in accordance with the modalities described in article 3.2.

Subject to compliance with the conditions mentioned in Article 3.1, membership in the Offer is made only on the spot. The Member must (i) complete the form that will be given to him at the time of payment of his bill in the Participating Restaurant by filling in his Le Club identification number and the amount of the bill or checking the pre-completed information on the form if applicable, then (ii) sign this completed form.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
I always get points for F&B when staying with prepaid rate.

How do you book your stays ?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I always get points for F&B when staying with prepaid rate.

How do you book your stays ?
I always book through Accor.com

All of this may be Brazil-specific, but it is the case in 100% of my stays here (10-15 per year):

Post-stay, I usually get separate tax receipts for the stay amount, and another one for F&B.

The only way I get credit for, say, breakfast is if it's included in the rate. Also, it doesn't seem to matter whether it's a prepaid rate or not, as in Brazil Accor usually charges you the full amount of the stay upfront.

Yes, I do get all the receipts eventually, but knowing what LCAH IT & CS are like, I never bother chasing them for sums below EUR 50 in F&B (which in Brazil would be 99% of my stays).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:55 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Dear members,

Thanks you for this thread and you enthusiasm!
I'm happy that you like it, enjoy!

Best regards,
Amy

I always book through Accor.com

All of this may be Brazil-specific, but it is the case in 100% of my stays here (10-15 per year):

Post-stay, I usually get separate tax receipts for the stay amount, and another one for F&B.

The only way I get credit for, say, breakfast is if it's included in the rate. Also, it doesn't seem to matter whether it's a prepaid rate or not, as in Brazil Accor usually charges you the full amount of the stay upfront.

Yes, I do get all the receipts eventually, but knowing what LCAH IT & CS are like, I never bother chasing them for sums below EUR 50 in F&B (which in Brazil would be 99% of my stays).
ear
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I am pleased to report here a first positive experience at Pullman CDG. They give you a form to fill where you write your contact info and LCAH number. Points posted after a couple of days.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:06 pm

If this is introduced in Asia region and Singapore in particular, just take my cash Accorplus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.