Fairmont Gold lounge Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Fairmont Gold lounge Singapore

Dear All

im from Italy, new in this forum, nice to meet you all

Im Platinum Accor Member since 2 years, I have made recently (and cancelled) a reservation for next December at Fairmont Singapore and sent them a message asking about gold lounge access

i was very surprising to know from the hotel that they dont allow Accor Platinum Members (now Fairmont reward doesnt exist anymore) on their gold lounge

they answer was we dont have executive lounge in our hotel, but only gold lounge and Platinum Members are not allowed

Some of you have any information about it ?

for me is funny ...of course they dont have executive lounge, but gold lounge what is it ? Is it not the same thing ?

now that Fairmont program doesnt exist anymore...do they accept guest on gold lounge only by booking Fairmont gold room ?

on Swisstel lounges, Accor Platinum Members are welcome, why for Fairmont is different ?

Davide
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
maybe their staff are not well trained,

i am now staying in swissotel singapore merchant court, accor platinum status well recognized, (room upgrade, lounge access, early and late check out, welcome amenities, welcome drink, and some additional benefit -- 2pcs laundry per day)

the fairmont is just nearby, i can walk in there tomorrow to ask about this. (i have a fairmont booking next month, so this is my concern too)
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
maybe their staff are not well trained,

i am now staying in swissotel singapore merchant court, accor platinum status well recognized, (room upgrade, lounge access, early and late check out, welcome amenities, welcome drink, and some additional benefit -- 2pcs laundry per day)

the fairmont is just nearby, i can walk in there tomorrow to ask about this. (i have a fairmont booking next month, so this is my concern too)

In fact I have moved the reservation to Swisstel merchant court (how is it ? &#128522 due to this reason

Thanks a lot if you go to Fairmont to ask about it. Below you find whole answer I have had

We would like to share with you that the Accor Platinum Members have an access to Executive Lounge as a Accor benefit. Unfortunately, in Fairmont Singapore, we do not have an Executive Lounge that is why we cannot arrange this perks. That being the case, we are offering a complimentary international breakfast instead for your stay on our world class restaurants such as Alligator Pear or Prego.

We are hoping for your kind understanding.

Should there be any further enquiries or changes, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Warmest Regards,
Clarice
ROOMS RESERVATIONS
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
If you just scroll down the main page of threads in the forum, you would have found your answer...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...mont-gold.html
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77

now that Fairmont program doesn’t exist anymore...do they accept guest on gold lounge only by booking Fairmont gold room ?

on Swisstel lounges, Accor Platinum Members are welcome, why for Fairmont is different ?

Davide
The Le Club rules are clear: no Platinum lounge access at Fairmont (unless you book a Gold floor room).
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver, KF Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The Le Club rules are clear: no Platinum lounge access at Fairmont (unless you book a Gold floor room).
Ahhhh didn't know that, too late to cancel my Fairmont booking, I'll take the breakfast still :-)

Julien
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:37 am

In fact I have moved the reservation to Swisstel merchant court (how is it ? &#128522 due to this reason

Thanks a lot if you go to Fairmont to ask about it. Below you find whole answer I have had

We would like to share with you that the Accor Platinum Members have an access to Executive Lounge as a Accor benefit. Unfortunately, in Fairmont Singapore, we do not have an Executive Lounge that is why we cannot arrange this perks. That being the case, we are offering a complimentary international breakfast instead for your stay on our world class restaurants such as Alligator Pear or Prego.

We are hoping for your kind understanding.

Should there be any further enquiries or changes, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Warmest Regards,
Clarice
ROOMS RESERVATIONS
swissotel merchant court is good, the renovation is a little old but acceptable. i think the sofitel singapore city center priced similiar to swissotel, which has better room and lounge, you should seriously consider them.

aside from this, i walk in to fairmont, yes i got the same asnwer from the reception staff, platinum cannot access to their gold lounge. too bad..
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:44 am

today i am staying at swissotel stamford, their club lounge was closed for renovation, so they compensate me with a 50 dollar food credit (in voucher) to be consumed at their lobby restaurant. i heard that fairmont also giving out the same food voucher for certain customer, so maybe you guys can try asking.

from what i understand that fairmont and swissotel stamford actually run the same management, so hotel guests can dine in at any place and request to charge the bill back to room.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:01 am

today i am staying at swissotel stamford, their club lounge was closed for renovation, so they compensate me with a 50 dollar food credit (in voucher) to be consumed at their lobby restaurant. i heard that fairmont also giving out the same food voucher for certain customer, so maybe you guys can try asking.

from what i understand that fairmont and swissotel stamford actually run the same management, so hotel guests can dine in at any place and request to charge the bill back to room.
indeed, same management but I cant comment on anything other than that.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

swissotel merchant court is good, the renovation is a little old but acceptable. i think the sofitel singapore city center priced similiar to swissotel, which has better room and lounge, you should seriously consider them.

aside from this, i walk in to fairmont, yes i got the same asnwer from the reception staff, platinum cannot access to their gold lounge. too bad..

Thanks a lot. I have already booked Sofitel city center 2 night. Other 2 night at the moment I have made reservation at Swisstel merchant...but not sure at all. Perhaps SO Sofitel
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Fairmont is too snob ....

Good way to be appreciated from old and loyal Platinum Accor hotel guests ...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Thanks a lot. I have already booked Sofitel city center 2 night. Other 2 night at the moment I have made reservation at Swisstel merchant...but not sure at all. Perhaps SO Sofitel
Definitely extend your stay at Sofitel SIN city center. It is wayyyyy better than the So.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Definitely extend your stay at Sofitel SIN city center. It is wayyyyy better than the So.
Ill do that. They seem also offer champagne at club Millsime...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Ill do that. They seem also offer champagne at club Millsime...
Indeed. Skip the So

How's the Fairmont? I'm considering a stay in aug
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The Sofitel Singapore CC is lovely.
The So Sofitel is a disgrace to the Sofitel brand. Tiny rooms, poor owners, and high staff turnover (= untrained staff).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.