Search

Fairmont Gold lounge Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cowism

How's the Fairmont? I'm considering a stay in aug
This property was one of the more talked about Fairmont in the pre-Accor days. So take what I say with caution because my experience was that of a Fairmont Platinum. This hotel’s customer service was exceptional, staff were very well trained and they worked as a team in unison. They are constantly communicating with each other so that when I was handed off to another team member, he/she already knows my need/request. Service is what made this hotel special. The hardware itself is solidly 4 stars hotel, spacious lobby, well furnished, facilities in good shape, nice pool , adequate spa area, no complaints about internet speed. In terms of the rooms, I was put into a day room when my suite wasn’t ready. The room seemed comfortable, well furnished but nothing special. Then I was upgraded from a regular Suite to a Penthouse Suite as a Fairmont Platinum without asking, it was breathtaking Suite. The sweeping view of Singapore and the harbour made me not want to leave my Suite. I told the staff the upgrade was unexpected and appreciated, they acted as if this was the least they could do.

If you stay at a Suite in F/Singapore, you receive Lounge Access. I am a bit confused by the OP because unlike other Fairmonts, this property does not have a Gold Lounge but Executive Lounge. Maybe they have rebranded since but the reason why many Fairmont Platinums used to have lounge access here was because of the Suite access rule.

In any event, the Lounge was not memorable. I went to evening hors d’oeuvres once, the offerings were pretty basic + some free alcohol, that’s it. The Lounge was decent size but it was also crowded. I’d say the Lounge was the least memorable part of the F/Singapore experience so you are not missing much really.

Breakfast at their Italian restaurant in the ground floor is susbstantial, if you have the choice of taking your breakfast there, then you should take it.

Late check out to 6 PM was granted without fuss, note that Fairmont had 4PM guaranteed late check out for Platinum unlike Accor.

The massage service was highly recommended, very professional but it was definitely pricey. One hour massage was nearly $300 SGD with service charge. We used to have certificates denominated in USD with FPC to pay for incidentals unlike Euro for Accor, do expect to get killed on the Exchange rate.

The pool is connected to the spa via stairway but it can get crowded. The gym is spacious, divided between cardio and weight training and well equipped.

There is a Michelin Star restaurant that you can book and I believe some of the dinning venues are shared with the Swisshotel which is not as nice.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cowism
How's the Fairmont? I'm considering a stay in aug
The answer is somewhat complicated:

Under the FPC program, FPC Premier/Platinum members could confirm an upgrade to a suite at time of booking. As a minimum, you'd get a very nice ~800sq.ft. one-bedroom suite, and many Pkatinum members (including myself) have been upgraded to the 2000sq.ft. Penthouse Suite at times. What set this hotel apart was that all guests staying in a suite - including those who had used a suite upgrade cert - received complimentary access to the executive lounge. So the value proposition was *outstanding*. Also, staff generally provided excellent service, and often went the extra mile to treat Platinum members well (e.g. 5p.m./6p.m. confirmed late check-out; providing a day room if the suite wasn't ready yet etc.).

But leaving all that aside, I'd rank the Fairmont Singapore as one of the less remarkable Fairmont hotels: Somewhere between 4*+ and lower-end 5*, so in line with some of the nicer Sofitel, Conrad etc. hotels, but not necessarily "extraordinary".
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Guava
If you stay at a Suite in F/Singapore, you receive Lounge Access. I am a bit confused by the OP because unlike other Fairmonts, this property does not have a Gold Lounge but Executive Lounge. Maybe they have rebranded since but the reason why many Fairmont Platinums used to have lounge access here was because of the Suite access rule.

In any event, the Lounge was not memorable. I went to evening hors d’oeuvres once, the offerings were pretty basic + some free alcohol, that’s it. The Lounge was decent size but it was also crowded. I’d say the Lounge was the least memorable part of the F/Singapore experience so you are not missing much really.
The lounge at the Fairmont Singapore is a bit of an anomaly: It was the only lounge at any Fairmont that used to be branded as an "executive lounge", and lounge access rules differed from those at all other Fairmont properties. I'd also argue that this executive lounge was less upscale than the average Fairmont Gold lounge. I believe this was a relict from the days it was a Swissotel, not a Fairmont.

However, it seems like they've re-branded the lounge as "Fairmont Gold" as part of the acquisition process.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I don't know if it has anything to do with the different treatment, but I believe Singapore is one of only two Fairmont properties where they don't just operate the property, but fully control it as well. Fairmont Southampton is owned by FRHI, and with Singapore, FRHI has a long term lease on the property. All other properties are owned by other entities and are just operated by Fairmont under a management contract.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
The Michelin Star restaurant on the level 70 is now under renovation. Hotel wasn't sure when will it reopen.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
The Michelin Star restaurant on the level 70 is now under renovation. Hotel wasn't sure when will it reopen.
Its not. The casual restaurant next to it is currently under renovation.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by lowjhg

Its not. The casual restaurant next to it is currently under renovation.
i was there last saturday, i went up the whole floor was dark, and they even removed the button at the lift so i cannot went back down.. had to use the staircase went down 1 level to take lift.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i was there last saturday, i went up the whole floor was dark, and they even removed the button at the lift so i cannot went back down.. had to use the staircase went down 1 level to take lift.
I work at the Michelin star restaurant at the top. There are also 2 sets of lifts, the express lifts that go straight to level one and the hotel lifts that may go through every floor. PM me if you are ever near!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
To be honest, I wouldn't waste my time stopping at the Gold Lounge. The food is mediocre, and the drink selection similarly limited. I would rather spend money at Anti-Dote in the lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.