Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:08 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Novotel Shanghai Atlantis as platinum

jiunsoh and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
yes, better ask.
Don't ask.... demand it. They forgot mine too, simple thing but they forget. Most probably cause its a big hotel. But still unacceptable to me.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Don't ask.... demand it. They forgot mine too, simple thing but they forget. Most probably cause its a big hotel. But still unacceptable to me.
Maybe I’ll check today. Leaving tomorrow. If it’s just a fruit plate, I’ll pass though
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue
Novotel Liverpool City Centre - Gold member and never receive gift. I do frequently get an upgrade which is much appreciated however.

I am told that the free drink is the gift....
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My uncle is going to stay at the Sofitel Recoleta in Buenos Aires for at least 5 nights.
Would Gold status have any significant benefits, such as a room upgrade?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
My uncle is going to stay at the Sofitel Recoleta in Buenos Aires for at least 5 nights.
Would Gold status have any significant benefits, such as a room upgrade?
Yes: drinks voucher, early check in OR late check out, upgrade subject to availability.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
He might need an early checkin, but I'm not sure how this is usually handled. I can imagine many hotels will allow this as a courtesy? In that case, paying 90€ for the Ibis Business card seems a bit excessive.
I'm sure he won't need the drink voucher.
As for the upgrade, the Accor website only showed base room and junior suite availability. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing?
Good because he might get the upgrade since the hotel is oversold. Bad because he might not get it because the junior suite might be a multi-category upgrade.
What do you think? Should he get the 90€ Ibis Business card? Is it worth it for a five-night stay in this case?

I don't stay at Accor hotels, so I have zero experience. My experience from other hotels is that mid-tier status doesn't really mean much.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:50 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
He might need an early checkin, but I'm not sure how this is usually handled. I can imagine many hotels will allow this as a courtesy? In that case, paying 90€ for the Ibis Business card seems a bit excessive.
I'm sure he won't need the drink voucher.
As for the upgrade, the Accor website only showed base room and junior suite availability. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing?
Good because he might get the upgrade since the hotel is oversold. Bad because he might not get it because the junior suite might be a multi-category upgrade.
What do you think? Should he get the 90€ Ibis Business card? Is it worth it for a five-night stay in this case?

I don't stay at Accor hotels, so I have zero experience. My experience from other hotels is that mid-tier status doesn't really mean much.
I would not spend the money on the card. Spend it on a nice meal with some good Argentinian wine instead.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:54 am

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by FrequentSherm
Novotel Liverpool City Centre - Gold member and never receive gift. I do frequently get an upgrade which is much appreciated however.

I am told that the free drink is the gift....
Ah the welcome amenity that is not .... this is common. Also the "free mini bar" when all it contains is fresh air and a bottle of cold water. Or the left over fruit bits from breakfast that have not made it into a fruit salad for tomorrows breakfast. This is far too common in a lot of hotels now.

/rant
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: QANTAS, Le Club, Bonvoy, Amplify
Novotel Brisbane (CBD), gold status. Upgrade to privilige room (w/ nespresso!), 2 drink vouchers, couple of nice, large chocolate biscuits and 4 bottles of water. Novotel southbank next week, stay tuned
ContinentalVoyager7 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I would not spend the money on the card. Spend it on a nice meal with some good Argentinian wine instead.
I would give different advice. I suggest purchasing the card.

Five nights at that property cost upwards of EUR 1000. If by virtue of the card, your uncle's status is bumped from classic to gold, he will earn extra points worth EUR 25-35.

That pushes down the effective price of the card to EUR 60 or so. Are the benefits worth it? Probably. I think at Sofitels, if they cannot give a room upgrade due to lack of availability, they might grant some other benefit instead (like, a free restaurant meal or whatever). Plus he'll have a better shot at that early check-in.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:42 am

Thanks.
But can he effectively use the points? I haven’t been able to convince him of the benefits of elite status. He doesn’t want to be loyal to a brand, so it would be a complete coincidence if he ever stays at an Accor property again.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:37 am
Suspended

But can he effectively use the points?
If he isn't willing to redeem the points by staying again at Accor within a year, booking via Accor's direct booking channels probably isn't the smartest thing to do. You'd be better off by booking via hotels.com, Orbitz or the like and collecting the nights/points there.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:42 am

Accor, was the cheapest option (or only insignificantly more expensive than the cheapest, which was an OTA I don’t have experience with), they offered 15% cashback and on top of that we got a BRG claim approved.
Expedia etc. were quoting 350$ or so, we got it for 210$ and will get 15% cashback on top. I would say it was the right decision.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.