Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Hot Air Balloon Ride - I sponsored a charity golf tournament and Kokinos was my guest. It was a silent auction.. I bidded on a hot air balloon ride, then my buddy out bids me.. Kokinos hears about the hot air balloon ride, when the auction was about to close, Kokinos outbid everyone. My buddy was laughing at me because he outbidded me, and Kokinos had the last laugh.
Thanks for the reminder... I'm going to give the place a call today and book my "Champagne Flight."
But back to the Banff Springs, I just completed a stay here and had a fantastic time. I forgot what time I told the hotel I was arriving but as I got to the hotel around 3:15p there was a big line-up of cars waiting to check-in. During these busy times I think the loop at the back should be open for FPC members like it use to. When we finally got to the desk our room wasn't ready but the free $50 bar tab more then made up for the 15 minute delay.
The rest of our stay was great. The hotel even called me a week before arrival to make sure the location of my free suite upgrade was fine since it was the first time they put me in the Stanley Thompson wing. The hotel was near full so I was very glad to get the room I got and thanks Ancien for making the call this time.
We had a fantastic meal at the italian resto as you enter the Stanley Thompson wing from main building. Vince the maitre'd put in a huge effort to get us a table and reworked the dining room setup last minute for us. We had 8 ppl in our group so ordered each appie and they were all very well done. By the time the mains came around we were quite full.
I already made another reservation for the BSH in August and look forward to dinner at the Banffshire club!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 6MM, FRMNT PLT, MRT GLD, HYT PLT
Local Spa Deal is $125 plus tax and tip, total around $155.. Mon to Thurs.^

Hot Air Balloon Ride - I sponsored a charity golf tournament and Kokinos was my guest. It was a silent auction.. I bidded on a hot air balloon ride, then my buddy out bids me.. Kokinos hears about the hot air balloon ride, when the auction was about to close, Kokinos outbid everyone. My buddy was laughing at me because he outbidded me, and Kokinos had the last laugh.

Back to spa.. Do the Escape to Willowstream.. Mid-September I've seen rates as low as $449.. includes 2 massages, brekkie for 2, self parking, and room. Fantastic deal at this rate.. apply your plat suite upgrade to a one bedroom suite and you'll have a fabulous weekend.
Thanks! Our room is free to us (biz trip @ excellent group rate), but I'll definitely be treating myself to the spa a couple days.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:22 pm

Oh, and we'll be traveling mid-week to boot, so the $125 special will hopefully work.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Yes, the local spa deal is only M-F. I will be going to The Springs on Thursday for the weekend and taking my gf to the spa for day. Work has been crazy so I am also looking forward to it.
We have the option of the Spa Suite, or 1 Bedroom suite. I am not sure if I like the Spa Suite better now or not. Might take it just to check it out.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:27 pm

FlyHigh take the spa suite... you will have a great stay!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I would second the spa suite.. all else equal, get it.. if its an extra $100 a night to guarantee it.. weigh it, and then get it.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:44 pm

I'm taking the spa suite suggestion as well.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kokinos
Thanks for the reminder... I'm going to give the place a call today and book my "Champagne Flight."
But back to the Banff Springs, I just completed a stay here and had a fantastic time. I forgot what time I told the hotel I was arriving but as I got to the hotel around 3:15p there was a big line-up of cars waiting to check-in. During these busy times I think the loop at the back should be open for FPC members like it use to. When we finally got to the desk our room wasn't ready but the free $50 bar tab more then made up for the 15 minute delay.
The rest of our stay was great. The hotel even called me a week before arrival to make sure the location of my free suite upgrade was fine since it was the first time they put me in the Stanley Thompson wing. The hotel was near full so I was very glad to get the room I got and thanks Ancien for making the call this time.
We had a fantastic meal at the italian resto as you enter the Stanley Thompson wing from main building. Vince the maitre'd put in a huge effort to get us a table and reworked the dining room setup last minute for us. We had 8 ppl in our group so ordered each appie and they were all very well done. By the time the mains came around we were quite full.
I already made another reservation for the BSH in August and look forward to dinner at the Banffshire club!
I was telling my wife and laughing.. when you said that hotel called you and asked if you wanted to be closer to Mr. Maestro, and you said, "What, 1051?" Dude, the hotel must have been choking on your response. LOL.

Nice score at the Banffshire to get the Private Room.. did you book this ahead this time?.. No Charge complimentary when we went, and I guess the Queen ate there when she was staying at the Springs, and I guess high profile royalty, and Presidents of various countries ate in this private room as well. The room has a curved ceiling, 4 wine cellars with curved wooden doors and wooden trim, and butlers' entrance.. all finished in a castle like ambience and setting.. and the room ceiling even matched perfectly with the curved ceiling over the foyer.

I've got to compliment you kokinos.. your tenacity for excitement brings a totally new perspective for being a platinum member in its' own right.. You at 28 years of age no doubt will be the epitomy of experience that Fairmont will surely deal with for years to come.. A toast.. A Banffshire Toast to the Good Life.^^ A 2 for 1 twilight golf toast.. To the Good Life..^^ I remember when I was 28 and platinum member.. boy the changes that has happened throughout the years. Will be interesting to see how things are in another 7 years.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jul 13, 2010 at 10:04 pm
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jujubean71
I'm taking the spa suite suggestion as well.
If your work will foot the bill.. do it in a heartbeat. I've arranged guarantee for $100/night for spa suite for Premier and Platinum FTERs.. just call my personal concierge.. but I think there might be chances to get it no charge because my personal concierge arranged that for me this last stay at no extra charge with suite upgrade (BSH didn't even redeem my suite upgrade this last stay).. but then I can't tell because I forwarded my reservation to the hotel manager whom I know, and he got me the spa suite the February Family Long Weekend for 5 nights too! So no charge spa suite for us for 2 stays and 10 nights.

jujubean71.. if you find another Kea Lani deal like the one you've got, or you can't make it, I'll take it! Love to be at the Kea Lani over Christmas break at your $399 price.. Its' a shcore!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by kokinos
The actual living room of 1054 may be a tad smaller then the room you stayed in. But it has the teepee dining area which is a wonderful place to sit in case you want to be inside. The Spa suites are also finished and furnished much nicer compared to your room. For a summer party 1054 would be my choice easily because of the massive patio. Make sure to arrange extra patio chairs and tables for the patio and you will have a very memorable event. Plus you can look into the Spa Pool from the top ^

1054 from the outside:

sorry , i am a bit confused here. room 1054, 1051 are Spa suites? if not then what's Spa suites?
CanuckFlyHigh, you posted some photos of a suite, what is it called? i had that exact same suite but i don't recall its name or number.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KSA_USA
sorry , i am a bit confused here. room 1054, 1051 are Spa suites? if not then what's Spa suites?
CanuckFlyHigh, you posted some photos of a suite, what is it called? i had that exact same suite but i don't recall its name or number.
Correct.. 1051 and 1054 are spa suites.. there are two spa suites with turret sitting rooms.. the one pictured you quoted Kokinos is 1054.. that is the spa suite I personally stayed in last couple times.. Family Day Long Weekend and Canada Day Long Weekend, each stay being 5 nights each. 1051, I haven't been in for 6 years now, but I think the view from turret sitting room has a nicer valley view, and my wife remembers the ensuite to be marble, whereas 1054 is tiled.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:31 am

Correct.. 1051 and 1054 are spa suites.. there are two spa suites with turret sitting rooms.. the one pictured you quoted Kokinos is 1054.. that is the spa suite I personally stayed in last couple times.. Family Day Long Weekend and Canada Day Long Weekend, each stay being 5 nights each. 1051, I haven't been in for 6 years now, but I think the view from turret sitting room has a nicer valley view, and my wife remembers the ensuite to be marble, whereas 1054 is tiled.

Thanks AM for the info. so you are saying Spa suite 1051 has a nicer view and updated bath, what about the pictures in this link? i stayed at this suite before but cant remember its name or number. it had fantastic view and new marble bath. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html

Thanks again for the information
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KSA_USA
Thanks AM for the info. so you are saying Spa suite 1051 has a nicer view and updated bath, what about the pictures in this link? i stayed at this suite before but cant remember its name or number. it had fantastic view and new marble bath. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html

Thanks again for the information
Check CFH previous replies and he'll give an idea of which one it is.. often when I don't remember a room, I just call up front desk at the hotel, and they'll pull up the history on which room #s I stayed in. Then on the spot, I would just request that very same room #. Its worked pretty much most of the time.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just had a GREAT stay in 1054 this weekend. Had a nice 20 person party out on the patio prior to the wedding, it was alot of fun. I am on 2 weeks of vacay, but will post pics of room when I get back.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Anybody get 1051 spa suite lately on a suite cert/$100 pn deal? lol.. hopefully it doesn't seem too weird knowing those who's previously occupied the same room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.