FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:48 am
kokinos

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Hot Air Balloon Ride - I sponsored a charity golf tournament and Kokinos was my guest. It was a silent auction.. I bidded on a hot air balloon ride, then my buddy out bids me.. Kokinos hears about the hot air balloon ride, when the auction was about to close, Kokinos outbid everyone. My buddy was laughing at me because he outbidded me, and Kokinos had the last laugh.
Thanks for the reminder... I'm going to give the place a call today and book my "Champagne Flight."
But back to the Banff Springs, I just completed a stay here and had a fantastic time. I forgot what time I told the hotel I was arriving but as I got to the hotel around 3:15p there was a big line-up of cars waiting to check-in. During these busy times I think the loop at the back should be open for FPC members like it use to. When we finally got to the desk our room wasn't ready but the free $50 bar tab more then made up for the 15 minute delay.
The rest of our stay was great. The hotel even called me a week before arrival to make sure the location of my free suite upgrade was fine since it was the first time they put me in the Stanley Thompson wing. The hotel was near full so I was very glad to get the room I got and thanks Ancien for making the call this time.
We had a fantastic meal at the italian resto as you enter the Stanley Thompson wing from main building. Vince the maitre'd put in a huge effort to get us a table and reworked the dining room setup last minute for us. We had 8 ppl in our group so ordered each appie and they were all very well done. By the time the mains came around we were quite full.
I already made another reservation for the BSH in August and look forward to dinner at the Banffshire club!