Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Kona has been getting a lot of hype lately in various rankings / magazines (and they do deserve a little more attentioj IMO), though itīs still surprising IMO that a Fairmont room at the Orchid would be more expensive than a Fairmont suite at the Kea Lani.
Christof Leudi was at Kea Lani, before becoming General Manager at the Fairmont Orchid. There has been quite a few high priced changes, since Christof took over the reigns. Some good, some improvements.. but all in all, the sustainability of a Hawaii resort is evident, as Christof did some excellent work for years at Kea Lani.

I agree, it sounds weird that a suite at Kea Lani is cheaper than a room at the Orchid.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
We are here now. This is Not The Faimont that we have stayed at for the last 5 years and always on the Gold Floor paying for that level of service. I think it is time to move on to a Resort that wants our business and the money that we are willing to pay for quality service.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by JA610
We are here now. This is Not The Faimont that we have stayed at for the last 5 years and always on the Gold Floor paying for that level of service. I think it is time to move on to a Resort that wants our business and the money that we are willing to pay for quality service.
Any chance you can shed a few details? I'm checking in later today for a few nights and hope my experience is just as great as my visit in March earlier this year.

Just so you know there is a flyertalk "do" starting on sunday at the Four Seasons down the road. I'm fairly certain they still have a few rooms available at a really good rate of $395 a night. Just pm me or Goodmorning2u who is the organizer in case you need a few more details.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Good to tee it up with you for some Thai food last week. Hualalai and Orchid will be a good setup.. I assume you'll have a suite upgrade to apply.
Aloha AM and thanks for the tips. Of course we have a suite upgrade confirmed although we are just in garden view suite this time unless I get an extra upgrade at the hotel. All the garden and ocean view suite are reserved tonight so you never know.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:34 am

Based on what I saw Iīd likely agree that suite at the Orchid > (standard) suite at the Kea Lani > room at the Orchid.

Kona has been getting a lot of hype lately in various rankings / magazines (and they do deserve a little more attentioj IMO), though itīs still surprising IMO that a Fairmont room at the Orchid would be more expensive than a Fairmont suite at the Kea Lani.
I thought I was in the minority who preferred a suite at Orchid over Kea Lani. I was amazed an orchid room was more expensive than a kea lani suite too for those dates.

Did you get any resolution with regards to your free night cert?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kokinos
Did you get any resolution with regards to your free night cert?
Nope. I havenīt heard back from the front desk manager since my last e-mail sent a week ago, so I assume she considers the issue to be "resolved". Sent a message to the manager, maybe he can fix the issue...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
The latest from the Hotel Management is that they will make it right. For the most part they have addressed most of my issues.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kokinos
Aloha AM and thanks for the tips. Of course we have a suite upgrade confirmed although we are just in garden view suite this time unless I get an extra upgrade at the hotel. All the garden and ocean view suite are reserved tonight so you never know.
Book OV.. and use multiple room upgrades to get to OF, and apply suite upgrade.

I forgot to mention to look on www.greathawaiivacations.com, or www.travel-hawaii.com and book a room off there. You'll get a better room for cheaper price, then apply your suite upgrade for a better suite.

Gotta go OF, to outdo your OV exec suite. If you go garden view suite, PM me.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Nope. I havenīt heard back from the front desk manager since my last e-mail sent a week ago, so I assume she considers the issue to be "resolved". Sent a message to the manager, maybe he can fix the issue...
Just a quick update: Management responded to my message and while I didnīt get exactly what I wanted, I was offered a very fair compromise. I certainly got the impression that management does care about its guests and aim to make things right.^
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have a good running route around this hotel? I generally run 5 to 6 miles a day. Is there a paved path along beach thru the resort area? I'm having a hard time picking it out on the satellite view if there is.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Anyone have a good running route around this hotel? I generally run 5 to 6 miles a day. Is there a paved path along beach thru the resort area? I'm having a hard time picking it out on the satellite view if there is.
You can run around the hotel and up the street towards the mall of Mauna Lani, back down, make a right into the historic park, but to cut back to the hotel via the shores of the ocean you'll have to run on rock IIRC. I've done this run before and its beautiful.. but maybe mix it up with a hike ocean side.

Order Fairmont Fit into the room if you can. Will provide you with running shoes, shirt, socks and top. My wife gets this ordered in her size all the time at Fairmonts. My Fairmont fit is on profile and is ready usually when we check in. Just a phone call down to Royal Service.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am REALLY picky about my running shoes because I protonate, plus we are in HNL before going here and I need them there.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: BA silver
What does Fairmont Fit cost?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:57 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yhm71
What does Fairmont Fit cost?
Free for Premier Platinum and Circle FPC members
10 per day for non members and Club (Base) members
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I am REALLY picky about my running shoes because I protonate, plus we are in HNL before going here and I need them there.
Just the outfit provided would be worth ordering up and trying out. Who knows, you may luck out on shoes.. or you can order the outfit without the shoes. Perhaps your SO would find convenience some of the Fairmont Fit offerings as well.

Surprising, my wife liked the offerings. She is a size 0, and the Fairmont Fit outfits fit her usually pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.