Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:10 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Funny, we were there at the same time… arrived Weds when that group was arriving. I had seen them leaving SFO (I knew some of them) and arriving in KOA and thought, hopefully, they aren’t all going to Orchid. And, upon arrival they were all in the main lobby line ~ 15-20 parties. I looked for a Platinum check-in to the left, but there seemed to no longer be one so I moved to the back of the line. Right about the time that my valet/bellman was walking past (someone I’ve known there for ~ 10+ years), and he said “Mr. X, we have you checking in up on Six in the North Tower..”. ;-).
Fascinating, we certainly passed you at the pool then. We arrived via San Jose and opted to lunch in Kona before heading to the Orchid, by the time we arrived at noon it was back of the line (and no platinum check-in).
I wish they had upgraded us! We ALWAYS book via Fairmont.com to get the best experience, I guess that doesn't mean all too much. (Note we were a base room + suite upgrade) Last year we were in a 4th floor suite of the same tower.

Having grown up visiting Big Island with my family and frequenting the public beach access of Mauna Kea Resort over the past 2 decades (nothing on your 4), it was a spectacular stay with a family of my own (albeit golf view), I just read it is going to undergo a 180m renovation. The pool is a bit long in the tooth (had the 1960s vibe). Our girls 4&7 were amazed by the "big" waves and that was enough to make it a success and bonus on our trip.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Nov 5, 2023 at 3:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.