Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor's ridiculous sustainability initiative - lack of water and toothbrushes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor's ridiculous sustainability initiative - lack of water and toothbrushes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer
Has an Accor property explicitly refused to give a guest (particularly a Platinum member) a toothbrush, and kept count of how many toothbrushes the guest has used?

I'm a Platinum member staying 2-weeks in the Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi (4 star), one of several Accor properties in Nice, France. Two separate reception staff told me explicitly that they cannot give me any more toothbrushes because I have asked for too many, and explicitly told me to go to a supermarket and buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste. They said they do not care that I am staying two weeks instead of two nights. The property has the typical Accor wood toothbrush, but the toothpaste sachet is different and can only be used once (meaning, even if you reuse the toothbrush, you need more toothpaste the next day).

Not the biggest deal in the world, but definitely not what I expected in one of their higher end properties in a premium location.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Having a wacko experience with Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi (4 star). Staying 2 weeks as a platinum member. Two separate staffers told me they are not giving me any more toothbrushes or toothpaste because I asked for too many, and they do not care that I am staying two weeks. Explicitly told me to go buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MajulahMadooba
Two separate staffers told me they are not giving me any more toothbrushes or toothpaste because I asked for too many, and they do not care that I am staying two weeks. Explicitly told me to go buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste.
How many did you ask? And what's wrong with buying your toothbrush and toothpaste? Mercure is not exactly a luxury brand and outside of Asia, it's not really common to have toothbrush and toothpaste as a basic amenity in hotels. Many hotels will stock some in case of emergency, which seems to be the case here, but I don't think it's meant to be a daily supply .
Koby likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:41 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Has an Accor property explicitly refused to give a guest (particularly a Platinum member) a toothbrush, and kept count of how many toothbrushes the guest has used?

I'm a Platinum member staying 2-weeks in the Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi (4 star), one of several Accor properties in Nice, France. Two separate reception staff told me explicitly that they cannot give me any more toothbrushes because I have asked for too many, and explicitly told me to go to a supermarket and buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste. They said they do not care that I am staying two weeks instead of two nights. The property has the typical Accor wood toothbrush, but the toothpaste sachet is different and can only be used once (meaning, even if you reuse the toothbrush, you need more toothpaste the next day).

Not the biggest deal in the world, but definitely not what I expected in one of their higher end properties in a premium location.
I'm struggling to understand how somebody can go through more than one toothbrush in just two weeks. Are toothbrushes in your area of such a poor quality that they fall apart after just a few uses?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Not sure why you posted this twice. As mentioned, it's not common for hotels outside of Asia to provide toothbrush and toothpaste as a basic daily toiletry, and certainly not in Mercure which is really a mid-range brand. This has nothing to do with sustainability, just with what amenities are considered standard or not I'm also not sure what relevance status has.

I think it's actually pretty nice of the hotel to have some toothbrushes and toothpastes for customers in case of emergencies - I have had cases when my luggage was lost for instance, and nobody wants to need to go out in the evening after a long trip to find a toothbrush. However, I'd never expect a hotel - let alone a Mercure - to provide my with my toothbrush, deodorant, shaving cream etc by default, let alone for a 2 week stay, and as it happens, where you are staying, there are about 20 places within 5 minutes walk where you can buy toothbrush and toothpaste including supermarkets, pharmacies, etc.

By the way, you don;'t mention how many toothbrushes you've asked for?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

One per day, because the toothpaste sachet is different and only lasts one day.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
One per day, because the toothpaste sachet is different and only lasts one day.
I second Orbitmic's answer.

Toothbrush and paste are supplied by the hotel in case your luggage was lost or you forgot yours.

You are supposed to go and buy what you need the next day. Otherwise, what a waste to use single dose toothpaste everyday!
Koby likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Not sure why you posted this twice.
Maybe he needs two threads to vent his extreme frustration.

By the way, you don;'t mention how many toothbrushes you've asked for?
Two week stay = 14 expected daily toothbrushes.
orbitmic and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:09 pm

the toothpaste sachet […] only lasts one day.
I’d take that as a pretty compelling hint…
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Having a wacko experience with Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi (4 star). Staying 2 weeks as a platinum member. Two separate staffers told me they are not giving me any more toothbrushes or toothpaste because I asked for too many, and they do not care that I am staying two weeks. Explicitly told me to go buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste.
you already complained for the same thing in another hotel a few months ago. I don’t know in which world you are living but most people travel with their own toothbrush and toothpaste. Your request does not make sense and as said by another poster, hotels supply this only in case you have forgotten or if airline has not delivered your bag, before the next day when you will buy some.
Koby likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unbelievable, really
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:43 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Two separate reception staff told me explicitly that they cannot give me any more toothbrushes because I have asked for too many, and explicitly told me to go to a supermarket and buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste. .
French hotel staff can have their unique "charms" but in this case I am solidly on their side. What an unseasonable request, at a Mercure!!. Go to the nearest shop and buy your own toiletry supplies, as any normal traveller would do. And while we are at it, stock up on water.
Koby, MichielR, nrouxel and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just do not understand how the OP, unless he is a masochist, repeatedly stays at hotel chains that are patently not suited to his expectations. Many of us stay at Mercure hotels but, then, most of us do not consider that daily provision of toothbrushes is a standard expectation of service from a hotel. If that is the OP's expectation, the OP should really review which hotel chains he patronizes.
Koby, orbitmic, MichielR and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Perhaps OP is in the toothbrush business. Imagine the massive collection at home.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:18 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thread consolidated (no cross posting as per FT Rules)

starflyergold
Accor ALL moderator
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.