FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor's ridiculous sustainability initiative - lack of water and toothbrushes
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:27 pm
MajulahMadooba

Programs: KrisFlyer
Has an Accor property explicitly refused to give a guest (particularly a Platinum member) a toothbrush, and kept count of how many toothbrushes the guest has used?

I'm a Platinum member staying 2-weeks in the Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi (4 star), one of several Accor properties in Nice, France. Two separate reception staff told me explicitly that they cannot give me any more toothbrushes because I have asked for too many, and explicitly told me to go to a supermarket and buy my own toothbrush and toothpaste. They said they do not care that I am staying two weeks instead of two nights. The property has the typical Accor wood toothbrush, but the toothpaste sachet is different and can only be used once (meaning, even if you reuse the toothbrush, you need more toothpaste the next day).

Not the biggest deal in the world, but definitely not what I expected in one of their higher end properties in a premium location.