Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
SLS Cancun

SLS Cancun

1 Review | 100% Recommended

SLS Cancun

Boulevard Kukulcan km 1, Zona Turistica Puerto Cancun Cancun, MX

SLS Cancun (17 Photos)

SLS Cancun

First time I stayed at an SLS hotel, a chain predominantly found in North America. The hotel itself is relatively new and forms part of a new build at the northern edge of Cancun bay with the first four floors being the hotel and the rest SLS branded residences.

This hotel is relatively small (40 rooms or so) and thus much more intimate than those concrete bunkers you find on the main drag in Cancun. Close by you will also find a brand new shopping centre with a number of eateries catering to all budgets. Airport transfer takes about an hour (depending on the maddening Cancun traffic).

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Check In

Check in was swift and effortless. The welcome drink arrived during the check in process so not sure what it was but it was colourful and tasty.

Room

The room booked was a Superior Ocean View King and what I had was slightly better in that it faced the ocean directly. The room was large an airy and featured a seating area with its own TV and mini bar, a large and very comfortable bed and a bathroom which was huge, tub and double rain shower and large closets. A large balcony (somewhat underdressed) fronted the entire room.

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

Service

Service was attentive, especially at the the hotels own beach club. For a European somewhat infuriating was the fact that you are constantly being asked to tip. I would rather prefer if the hotel paid the staff decent wages so that one is not always faced with an open hand (or extra line on the restaurant or bar checks).

Dining

The rate I booked included breakfast but strangely this meant that you could only have the "American breakfast" off the menu. No variation which was becoming a bit annoying. Any protein (bacon, sausages etc.) cost extra. Very odd.

That said food was good throughout, both at the restaurant and the beach club.

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

Beach

The hotel has its own "Bungalow Beach Club" with ample outdoor sofas and sun loungers. Despite it being open to the public it never got too busy and was very civilised.

The hotel has one pool which overlooks the beach club.

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

The location, in a new develop ment zone called Puerto Cancun, is somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle of Cancun. That said you can just jump into a taxi or Uber should you feel to head into the party zone or some of the high end restaurants dotted along the tourist zone or Cancun proper. The ferry to Isla Mujeres is only a short hop away (well worth a visit).

The hotel also can arrange your day trips (we did Tulum and cenotes, as well as some jet skying) which were well priced and quality (plenty of cowboys around).

Overall

Overall a pleasant stay, if not that cheap. That said I considered it relatively good value. It is a much moire intimate experience than those massive (mostly all inclusive) resorts for mass tourism.

SLS Cancun

Would you like to write a review on the SLS Cancun?

No, thank you.
Yes
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thank you for the review and great timing as I was just looking at this property yesterday. Quick question, what does the 10% resort fee include? I couldn't find out.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:28 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by beanie72
Thank you for the review and great timing as I was just looking at this property yesterday. Quick question, what does the 10% resort fee include? I couldn't find out.
As per usual it includes nothing. I had it taken off the bill.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Looks like a very nice hotel. And congrats for having the robbery fee removed
Thanks for the review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.