Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Boots16
I booked 4 nights at Lake Louise in June next year. Couple questions.... I booked last Thursday 6/11 and they still have not charged my credit card for the 1 night deposit, any others have this happen? Also on Fairmonts website it says I have until the day before arrival to cancel whereas the Accor website states I need to cancel 3 days before arrival to avoid any penalties. Just looking for other peoples experience with this. Thanks
That's fairly normal regarding the deposit. Your credit card will not charged by Accor HQ, as the individual hotels process the deposits after booking. Considering the hotel just reopened on June 1, they may be a bit backed up with all sorts of reservation changes and cancellations, that they might not get to it immediately.

As for the difference in the timing of cancellation dates, I have no idea. Inconsistency of information through different channels are not exactly a rare occurrence. I would go by the terms on booking in the hotel system, of day before arrival.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Most resorts have extended the booking deadline to June 23, while most city hotels have made it July 1 or July 8!
DC9 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked 4 nights at Lake Louise in June next year. Couple questions.... I booked last Thursday 6/11 and they still have not charged my credit card for the 1 night deposit, any others have this happen? Also on Fairmonts website it says I have until the day before arrival to cancel whereas the Accor website states I need to cancel 3 days before arrival to avoid any penalties. Just looking for other peoples experience with this. Thanks
i booked CLL and BHS last week but only one charge showed up on cc
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by azepine00
i booked CLL and BHS last week but only one charge showed up on cc
same for me, Banff posted on the credit card, but not Lake Louise or Jasper.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:51 am

From what I can tell, it looks like you are unable to book Chateau Lake Louise with the BOGO offer anymore for 2021 dates.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

From what I can tell, it looks like you are unable to book Chateau Lake Louise with the BOGO offer anymore for 2021 dates.
Let's hope that's a temporary glitch. But, something is going on. You can't even book anything at all beyond April 2021, at any rate, which is really odd. They've pulled all inventory out of the system.

I'm glad I already got my BOGO booking in for June 2021!
Boots16 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

And, it was just temporary! I'm seeing BOGO rates into June 2021 again. Maybe they were fixing some rates, or maybe it was just Accor IT doing it's usual magic.
Boots16 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:19 am

Speaking about Accor IT, I just tried to book this promo at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. However I got an error when confirming payment. After calling the hotel it turned out that the promo was only valid until the 31st of December 2020 for Hotel Vancouver, but the Accor website was still showing the promo rate if your check-in date is before the 31st. Even when your check-out date is after the 31st.

Luckily for me the agent saw the same rate on the Accor site and was able to manually apply the promo rate for my dates. Very happy with the solution and looking forward to go to Vancouver for the first time.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just FYI:The BOGO promotion is also available at the Fairmont Mayakoba with some excellent rates starting at $100USD++/night.
Stacycrow likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just FYI:The BOGO promotion is also available at the Fairmont Mayakoba with some excellent rates starting at $100USD++/night.
Is the Fairmont Mayakoba in Canada? This thread is about the 'Explore Canada' promo so perhaps you meant the Mexican resort is part of the 'Stay Close' BOGO promo instead as I do see it listed as participating in that promo.

BTW when were the cheap dates you were seeing?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tcook052
Is the Fairmont Mayakoba in Canada? This thread is about the 'Explore Canada' promo so perhaps you meant the Mexican resort is part of the 'Stay Close' BOGO promo instead as I do see it listed as participating in that promo.
Fair point. There are several threads about what is essentially the same promo (2-for-1). Not sure it's worth starting a new thread for this one property given that the promo expires tomorrow.

Originally Posted by tcook052
BTW when were the cheap dates you were seeing?
various dates in July/August. (sample date July 21-23 shows $104USD++/night)
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Fair point. There are several threads about what is essentially the same promo (2-for-1). Not sure it's worth starting a new thread for this one property given that the promo expires tomorrow.
There already is this thread on the 'Stay Close' promo. It was started when it included Rocky Mountain Fairmont's hence the title however the promo was later expanded to include some U.S. hotels and the Mayakoba. Maybe the promo will be extended, we'll see.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I've booked several weekends at BSH along with JPL, Pacific Rim, Whistler, and Scottsdale and the only charges to hit my credit card over the last month were for BSH for all 3 bookings I made.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 6:11 pm

Just an update, I was charged my one nights deposit yesterday.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Just an update, I was charged my one nights deposit yesterday.
I have a pending transaction showing online on my Amex from the CLL that just appeared today. Strange thing is it's for only $9.97. I know this is a good deal, but my 1 night deposit should be a bit more than that!
Boots16 and DC9 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.